What the Hey.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 2

What the Hey.

Post by anygunanywhere »

I just figured I would check in and see what was going on. Not much happening. No breakfasts to check out. No criminal reports. No arrests. No anti 2A posts.

**sigh**

Mrs Anygunanywhere is watching Hallmark. I cooked all day. I tried a new recipe. Smoked Spam burnt ends. Since Spam has so much sodium I used a no sodium rub and smoked the Spam bites. After 90 minutes of mesquite smoke I coated them in Sweet Baby Ray Sauce. Not bad.

At the same time I smoked pig shots. Sliced venison sausage wrapped in bacon stuffed with cream cheese, chopped poblano, cheddar, liquid smoke, garlic powder. Smoked for about 90 minutes to cook bacon.

After that I cubed 3 lbs of pork belly. Covered with BBQ rub. Mesquite smoked for 2 hours. Pulled off heat and coated with honey and brown sugar. Cooked for 1 hour covered in aluminum foil. After that I brushed with Sweet Baby Rays and cooked uncovered for 10 minutes. Freaking delicious.

Mrs Anygunanywhere made her cilantro rice and coleslaw. Had leftover pinto beans.

What a feast.

Nothing gun related went on. Just a nice Sunday afternoon. I hope everyone has had a great weekend.

Love you guys.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

carlson1

Re: What the Hey.

Post by carlson1 »

I love burnt ends. I love pork belly burnt ends and I also love spam. So spam burnt ends are next on my plate. I think the pork belly burnt ends are my favorite next to brisket.

Topic author
anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

carlson1 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:16 pm I love burnt ends. I love pork belly burnt ends and I also love spam. So spam burnt ends are next on my plate. I think the pork belly burnt ends are my favorite next to brisket.
I’m a long time fan of Pinterest. I have like 450 saved recipes. Search for smoked Spam.

I have done pork belly strips multiple times. The burnt ends are a first.

I’m into burnt ends but nothing beats brisket.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Tex1961
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Tex1961 »

anygunanywhere wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:26 pm
carlson1 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:16 pm I love burnt ends. I love pork belly burnt ends and I also love spam. So spam burnt ends are next on my plate. I think the pork belly burnt ends are my favorite next to brisket.
I’m a long time fan of Pinterest. I have like 450 saved recipes. Search for smoked Spam.

I have done pork belly strips multiple times. The burnt ends are a first.

I’m into burnt ends but nothing beats brisket.
Glad to know I’m not the only guy that has many recipes saved on my Pinterest account LOL…

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I watch a lot of Malcom Reed on YouTube. There are not too many things he has shown I haven’t tried other than the fish because the head of the house (Mary) will not allow me to.

:mrgreen:

74novaman

Post by 74novaman »

No gun stuff for me this weekend either. I was sick for a few days but rallied and got some gardening done.

This was round 3 of mixing compost, spangum peat moss and vermiculite for the containers and raised beds.

I call this the “Vermiculite Volcano”.

TANSTAAFL

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Nothing gun related for me either, mostly because I am still recovering from knee replacement surgery and can't get out much. I did go to church and carried there. We also went to a new nursery in North Irving and fortunately they had some electric scooters to use. I did smoke a pork butt Friday night. Since I still cannot go to the office (working from home some though), I may smoke some beef ribs today that look like they are from a dinosaur :lol: .
Y'all have a great day.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

anygunanywhere wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:08 pm Smoked Spam burnt ends.
All of that made me drool a bit, but,I'm definitely going to try smoking SPAM next time I run the smoker...

We enjoy Musubi occasionally, but, usually use turkey SPAM for the reduced fat and salt...

I also see some Pig Shots in my future as well.

:tiphat:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Return to “Off-Topic”