Teaxas Gun Club Firearm transfers

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
puma guy
Posts in topic: 4

Teaxas Gun Club Firearm transfers

Post by puma guy »

Bought a little vintage Marlin bolt action Model 80DL rifle from an online vendor Guns dot com. Had to select FFL dealer from their list so I chose Texas Gun Club being the closest. Picked it up today at the range which is where The Arms Room used to be. Completed the computer programmed Form 4473. The came time to pay. Whoa, Nellie! Sixty dollars for a transfer with my LTC. I asked if there maybe was a discount for my LTC since no NIC's was required. Nope doesn't matter it's 60 bucks for everyone who's not a member. Won't be using them ever again. You can join for I think $59.95 a month or $600 per annum and then you'll get 25% off that $60 transfer fee, bringing it to $45 which is still more than most FFL dealers charge. BTW I only paid $149.95 for the gun with $7.99 shipping plus tax.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Teaxas Gun Club Firearm transfers

Post by carlson1 »

Wow! I pay $10.00 discounted for LTC and ex LEO. Without discount it is still only $25.

Can you imagine all of the FFL’s who are really wanting us to have to use them to sell a personal weapon to someone else in the same location?

With Gunbroker now charging taxes it almost makes no sense to not just buy from your local gun store. That is my new plan.

Topic author
puma guy

Post by puma guy »

carlson1 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:55 pm Wow! I pay $10.00 discounted for LTC and ex LEO. Without discount it is still only $25.

Can you imagine all of the FFL’s who are really wanting us to have to use them to sell a personal weapon to someone else in the same location?

With Gunbroker now charging taxes it almost makes no sense to not just buy from your local gun store. That is my new plan.
I have a local dealer where I often buy new, but I buy a lot of used vintage Marlins H&R. High Standard and other makers old makers.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

Post by carlson1 »

puma guy wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:44 pm
carlson1 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:55 pm Wow! I pay $10.00 discounted for LTC and ex LEO. Without discount it is still only $25.

I have a local dealer where I often buy new, but I buy a lot of used vintage Marlins H&R. High Standard and other makers old makers.
Not knocking online buying at all. Just my explanation of why I have slowed way up on Gunbroker buying which I used to do frequently.

Topic author
puma guy

Post by puma guy »

carlson1 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:50 pm

Not knocking online buying at all. Just my explanation of why I have slowed way up on Gunbroker buying which I used to do frequently.
No problem, I didn't interpret it in any way as a knock. I frequent several auctions sites, but I haven't bought on GB for a long. long time and I used to buy there often. They are all charging tax now, but the prices on GB have reached ridiculous levels. I was always willing to pay fair prices, but there are bidders who have more money than sense.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 1

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

puma guy wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:20 pm
carlson1 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:50 pm

No problem, I didn't interpret it in any way as a knock. I frequent several auctions sites, but I haven't bought on GB for a long. long time and I used to buy there often. They are all charging tax now, but the prices on GB have reached ridiculous levels. I was always willing to pay fair prices, but there are bidders who have more money than sense.
I have sold many a firearm on Gun Broker for no other reason than I spot the particular model/style/caliber going for extremely high prices. It almost scares me at how much I get for some firearms on Gun Broker. I think people get caught up in "Winning" the bid and overpay. The firearm is always shipped to a licensed FFL for transfer so I don't have concerns about illegal purchases.

LDB415
Posts in topic: 1

Post by LDB415 »

Wow, that's insane. I don't think I've ever paid anything other than $20, not that I do that many transfers. I'll definitely add them to my do not fly list.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

Topic author
puma guy

Post by puma guy »

LDB415 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:55 am Wow, that's insane. I don't think I've ever paid anything other than $20, not that I do that many transfers. I'll definitely add them to my do not fly list.
I miss my old regular transfer FFL dealer that closed (Pasadena Gun Center) that only charged $15 with LTC and $5 any extra transfers.

Return to “Off-Topic”