Help IDing people in a past Elm Fork shooting gathering Photo

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
puma guy
Posts in topic: 5

Help IDing people in a past Elm Fork shooting gathering Photo

Post by puma guy »

Found an old flash drive in a drawer and found this photo and a couple of videos from what I think was a gathering of about 25 forum members at Elm Fork. From left to right I see Andy C., myself, maybe C-dub, I think PawPaw and rotten apple and the others standing and sitting and whoever is hidden by the guy in the right foreground I can't ID, maybe that's Beiruty?? Any help/correction is appreciated. I had met up with Andy C., Paw Paw and rotten apple, C-dub, little dub and Beiruty a couple of times before we talked about doing a larger group and made it happen.
We had a great time at the pistol and rifle ranges and then several of us shot a few rounds of skeet. I along with a couple others brought a BBQ pit and I did venison sausage, Andy did Farmer Sausage rings and I think there was some ribs and brisket. I was a good meet up I think about 10 years ago, but I could be off on that date.. Met a lot of great folks/members and family. It would be nice do to another one in the future, but seems it's hard to get something like that organized these day.
If anyone else has photos of the attendees please add them.

L-R Andy C, puma guy, C-dub(I think), Paw Paw, li'l dub seated??, rotten apple, unknown person hidden by man on far right wit only his shoe visible (possibly Beiruty), far right man unknown.
Last edited by puma guy on Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Help IDing people in a past Elm Fork shooting gathering Photo

Post by The Annoyed Man »

That might be AndyC on the left.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
puma guy

Post by puma guy »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:11 pm That might be AndyC on the left.
Yes that's Andy. I listed the id's I was sure of in the body of my post, but I think I'm going to annotate below the picture to make it more obvious.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

puma guy wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:36 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:11 pm That might be AndyC on the left.
Yes that's Andy. I listed the id's I was sure of in the body of my post, but I think I'm going to annotate below the picture to make it more obvious.
That’s what I get for not reading the entire post before shooting off my mouth. :lol:

And yeah, I’m pretty sure that’s c-dub.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
puma guy

Post by puma guy »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:15 pm
puma guy wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:36 pm
That’s what I get for not reading the entire post before shooting off my mouth. :lol:

And yeah, I’m pretty sure that’s c-dub.
I can't judge you 'cause I've been guilty myself. I'm actually glad you posted, It made me realize I should have put the names under the pix. I never got to meet you at the shoots you attended. We weren't up that way visiting our daughter in Mansfield.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

Post by C-dub »

Yup, that's me in the Blue Angels shirt and my little H-dub sitting behind RottenApple. I was going to say that might have been more than 10 years ago since I've lost weight since that picture and I didn't think I'd worn those boots and that belt in quite some time, but based on H-dub 8-10 sounds about right.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
puma guy

Post by puma guy »

C-dub wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:05 am Yup, that's me in the Blue Angels shirt and my little H-dub sitting behind RottenApple. I was going to say that might have been more than 10 years ago since I've lost weight since that picture and I didn't think I'd worn those boots and that belt in quite some time, but based on H-dub 8-10 sounds about right.
Yeah! A lot has passed under the bridge since then. I remember you and H-Dub at a smaller skeet shoot and at one the range questioned your shotgun barrel length. I also remember how quickly you shot and hit. Reminded me of my cousin when we shot skeet back in the 1960's I'm sure Beiruty was at that one along with Paw Paw and a friend of his along with Andy. I remember H-dub pulling for us at at least one meetup. (sorry I couldn't remember it was H-dub not li'l-dub) We went to a Mexican food restaurant afterwards. I also attended a breakfast meetup at a Rudy's on I20 that you attended, I think twice when I was up there visiting my daughter. As for the photo do you know who the guy on the far right is and who may be behind him?

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Speaking of Andy C, what happened to him? He disappeared just after his user name got screwed up. I always liked his posts. He shared some very good information on this forum. I hope he is well and doing good.

Topic author
puma guy

Post by puma guy »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:41 pm Speaking of Andy C, what happened to him? He disappeared just after his user name got screwed up. I always liked his posts. He shared some very good information on this forum. I hope he is well and doing good.
I miss him here as well. I know he's OK. We are friends on facebook and he posts on it about his endeavors and projects. He is a man of many talents and a lot of expertise in areas other than firearms, BTW.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

puma guy wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:13 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:41 pm Speaking of Andy C, what happened to him? He disappeared just after his user name got screwed up. I always liked his posts. He shared some very good information on this forum. I hope he is well and doing good.
I miss him here as well. I know he's OK. We are friends on facebook and he posts on it about his endeavors and projects. He is a man of many talents and a lot of expertise in areas other than firearms, BTW.
I am glad to hear he is OK. We must have run him off. I know it was a bummer when his original nick on here got axed somehow. Thanks for the update.

Return to “Off-Topic”