iPhone Issue

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 2

iPhone Issue

Post by anygunanywhere »

My iPhone 11 recently updated to IOS 17.1.1. I can no longer access this forum from my phone via Safari because this site's "certificate" has expired. I can access the forum from my 11+ year old Mac since the software is no longer updated by Apple.

Has anyone else experienced the iPhone issue? Is there a resolution?

TIA!!
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

jerry_r60
Posts in topic: 1

Re: iPhone Issue

Post by jerry_r60 »

I logged in fine with my PC and saw your question. I just tried with my iphone that is also running IOS 17.1.1 and using Safari, got to the the site and logged in without issue.

LimaCharlie3

Post by LimaCharlie3 »

I just checked and had the same issue. I don't know why this works, but try turning off the wifi from your phone's control center. Then, using only cellular connection, try loading the site again. might take a couple of tries. It should load fine now. then just turn the wifi back on and it'll work like nothing was ever wrong.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I’m surprised. I am currently logged on with an iPad running iOS 17.1.1 without any problems. But just now, checking my phone which is also running iOS 17.1.1, I cannot connect with my phone.

….correction, my phone connected. It just took forever.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Personally, I’ve had no issues post-update.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Boxerrider

Post by Boxerrider »

I had a bookmark issue once, although it was on a PC instead of an Iphone.
If you have the site bookmarked, then try searching or typing the address instead. If it opens that way, then delete your bookmark and create a new one.

Good luck!

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

That's really odd. The site's SSL certificate was issued by COMODO/RSA last October 20, and looks like it reissues automatically every 90 days. It won't reissue again until January 19. In other words, nothing at the forum website has changed for 38 days. I wonder what the iOS update is seeing?
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

bbhack

Post by bbhack »

I just tried from a VPN, and got a non HTTPS connection with the appropriate warning. It looks like the site protection drops T-L-S if it thinks the connection is coming from a VPN. It used to refuse the connection once upon a time. If that is the case, safari would refuse to connect. I had to click OK to get firefox to connect.
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I just logged in from my phone with the new version without any issues.

However, using a VPN has been known to be a problem for quite a while now. I don't have one on my phone, but the computer I am typing this from now does and it sometimes takes longer to access this site due to the VPN. Sometimes it doesn't let me log in and I switch to a different location for the VPN and it lets me right in.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Daisy Cutter

Post by Daisy Cutter »

iOS 17.1.2 update was available today. Maybe related?

Topic author
anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 2

Post by anygunanywhere »

Daisy Cutter wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:20 pm iOS 17.1.2 update was available today. Maybe related?
17.1.2 didn't fix it. thanks for all the answers guys. I tried them all with no joy.

My macbook works fine. I'll just use it.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Return to “Off-Topic”