Houston weather and arthritis?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Mash67
Posts in topic: 2

Houston weather and arthritis?

Post by Mash67 »

I have family in Houston but none that have arthritis so they can't answer any questions. I have early onset arthritis in most my joints from another condition. Up here in Illinois the weather is horrible for arthritic people. I'm only 28 so I am not retiring to Arizona or Florida thanks ;-)

Anyone out there with arthritis know how the Houston area affects you?
Can you compare to other areas?

Thanks for any input

Mash

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Houston weather and arthritis?

Post by seamusTX »

I have arthritis (I'm 52 but I've had it for decades). I used to live in Chicago. The cold-weather aspect is much better here. I live in Galveston, which has weather similar to Houston but more moderate. (If it's 30° in Houston, it'll be 40 here.)

This latitude in Texas isn't as warm as some people think. Houston can have two months of cold weather in a "bad" year, but sometimes the temp never goes below 40.

But compared to Illinois, come on. You can own any weapon you like here, buy from and sell to private parties, buy ammunition freely, carry loaded weapons on your person ... it's a whole 'nother country.

- Jim

Topic author
Mash67
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Houston weather and arthritis?

Post by Mash67 »

The way of life is no comparison. It won't be easy to leave the family we have up here but so far it's looking like a good possibility. Its a horrible feeling driving home from Tx and having to disarm and unload when we get to the border of our home state.

Return to “Off-Topic”