What's a Flitz?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Tactical_Texan_CHL
Posts in topic: 1

What's a Flitz?

Post by Tactical_Texan_CHL »

OK. I've seen several people polish up some guns with very nice results with this "Flitz" thing. I didn't want to derail the pictures post, but that was a very nice Smith revolver you have there. What is a Flitz and where do I get one? I don't have any nickel revolvers that need polishing, but I've got some old Mustang parts that are looking a little dingy, and the wheels on my truck could use a polishing! Would this Flitz work for that?
TacTex
NRA Life Member

Keith B

Re: What's a Flitz?

Post by Keith B »

Tactical_Texan_CHL wrote:OK. I've seen several people polish up some guns with very nice results with this "Flitz" thing. I didn't want to derail the pictures post, but that was a very nice Smith revolver you have there. What is a Flitz and where do I get one? I don't have any nickel revolvers that need polishing, but I've got some old Mustang parts that are looking a little dingy, and the wheels on my truck could use a polishing! Would this Flitz work for that?
Flitz is a brand of polish for metal and plastic. It is a very fine finishing polish, so not used too often except in the final stage to remove very small buffing marks or oxidation, and put a high luster shine on something. It is available at hardware and gun stores, as well as on-line. Just search it. Here is a website http://www.flitz.com/index.html. it should work fine for your parts and wheels!
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

Back in my gearhead days, a very long time ago, we always carried a Flitz cloth in the glove box, and tool box, and kitchen tool drawer, and hanging on the garage wall, and hanging on the barn wall, and lots of them in the firehouse . . .
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

gregthehand

Post by gregthehand »

Zep also makes a cream called 5-Star that youc an look into. Very cheap and it works very good.
My posts on this website are worth every cent you paid me for them.

KD5NRH

Post by KD5NRH »

Keith B wrote:Flitz is a brand of polish for metal and plastic. It is a very fine finishing polish, so not used too often except in the final stage to remove very small buffing marks or oxidation, and put a high luster shine on something.
It also does an excellent job of taking tough carbon deposits off shiny stuff, but it will sometimes remove cold blue as well. It doesn't seem to touch hot blue or rust blue, though.

Return to “Off-Topic”