bounty hunters

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Tactical_Texan_CHL
Posts in topic: 6

Re: bounty hunters

Post by Tactical_Texan_CHL »

I agree. Nothing like a little adversity in life to make you rise up and make it an opportunity instead. Good luck, lunchbox, now's your chance.
TacTex
NRA Life Member

Topic author
lunchbox
Posts in topic: 31

Post by lunchbox »

melkor41 wrote:perhaps thats the kick in the rear you need to get started on a career. Thats what happened to me a few years ago, got laid off and got angry and vowed to stop messing around with my career and get serious. I hope only the best comes from it for you. :thumbs2:
me to i just dont know what to do im broke and have no way get anywhere in life at this stage
"I have two guns. One for each of ya" Doc Holiday
"Out here, due process is a bullet."
"Why Johnny Ringo, you look like somebody just walked over your grave."
"forgiveness is between them and god its my job to arrange the meeting" man on fire

Tactical_Texan_CHL

How old are you? Actually, I guess that doesn't matter, college is always an option no matter what age. Probably no age limit on alot of financial aid stuff either. Look into some programs at a community college around you. Check into their financial aid programs, fill out a FAFSA for scholarships and the like (I don't remember what it stands for, but they can help you with it in the counseling center) and see what you can get. If you're interested in a police department, someone on here recently posted about Galveston, and they've got some GREAT entry level salaries for being in the academy.
TacTex
NRA Life Member

Topic author
lunchbox

Post by lunchbox »

Tactical_Texan_CHL wrote:How old are you? Actually, I guess that doesn't matter, college is always an option no matter what age. Probably no age limit on alot of financial aid stuff either. Look into some programs at a community college around you. Check into their financial aid programs, fill out a FAFSA for scholarships and the like (I don't remember what it stands for, but they can help you with it in the counseling center) and see what you can get. If you're interested in a police department, someone on here recently posted about Galveston, and they've got some GREAT entry level salaries for being in the academy.
i went to college its not help[ing me and im in so much debt anyway more loans is not what i need right now
however the academy would be good it just takes forever to get into it do you know where the post was about that i guess i didnt see it
"forgiveness is between them and god its my job to arrange the meeting" man on fire

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 3

Post by seamusTX »

This is the thread about job openings at UTMB: http://www.texasshooting.com/TexasCHL_F ... 83&t=15623

- Jim

Tactical_Texan_CHL

There ya go. Thanks, Jim. That starting salary for a cadet is very impressive. It's definitely worth a call on your part, probably worth a move I'd say. Especially if you're running on fumes financially.
TacTex
NRA Life Member

seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

Lunchbox lives close enough to commute to Galveston.

- Jim

Tactical_Texan_CHL

EVEN BETTER! I wasn't sure how far Friendswood was.
TacTex
NRA Life Member

seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

Points in Friendswood are 20 to 30 miles from Galveston. The commute can be rough during rush hour.

- Jim

Topic author
lunchbox

Post by lunchbox »

seamusTX wrote:Points in Friendswood are 20 to 30 miles from Galveston. The commute can be rough during rush hour.

- Jim

it is better than what i have been doing
i was getting up at 5 to make it to IH 10 and blalock (near gessner)
and i was getting home at 7pm

Return to “Off-Topic”