How to use a Taser on a two year old...

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

lunchbox
Posts in topic: 6

Re: How to use a Taser on a two year old...

Post by lunchbox »

its all good that was funny im not sure why i even argue in the first place
"I have two guns. One for each of ya" Doc Holiday
"Out here, due process is a bullet."
"Why Johnny Ringo, you look like somebody just walked over your grave."
"forgiveness is between them and god its my job to arrange the meeting" man on fire

DoubleJ
Posts in topic: 3

Post by DoubleJ »

LB, naw, I'm with you on that point. I'm just saying that if an EMT arrives on scene, the brother says, "He's having a seizure" then the EMT should know that people coming out of a seizure typically have certain responses, but may have more severe responses. They, as medical professionals should be able to handle that.
now, I've seen A BUNCH of the EMT's that work this area (denton county), and sum ah dem boys, well, they can handle a pizza better'n they could handle an unruly patient.

so, you have a patient that's combative, he's had a seizure, you might give'em some meds to calm the beast. however, I don't know to what extent an EMT can give meds. They have standing orders from the Physician, but I don't know what all they have on the bus.

so, perhaps, in this situation, Taser-ing (is that proper English???) the patient may have been a good choice. can't give'em meds, patient's fighting, he needs to go to the hospital, but you need him to get there without killin' no body.
Cop's got an easy remedy, and it don't need a prescription.

THERE is where I think the justification is. not JUST because the patient punched somebody.

shewt, if I had a dollar for every time I've been punched/scratched/yelled at at my job, well, I'd have matching right and left .45 rigs.
FWIW, IIRC, AFAIK, FTMP, IANAL. YMMV.

lunchbox
Posts in topic: 6

Post by lunchbox »

from what i understand a EMT can give what ever meds they have on the truck as they see fit
but they cant hang blood "go figure"
so he got tazed its not the end of the world sure its wasnt pleasnt but life isnt fair
"I have two guns. One for each of ya" Doc Holiday
"Out here, due process is a bullet."
"Why Johnny Ringo, you look like somebody just walked over your grave."
"forgiveness is between them and god its my job to arrange the meeting" man on fire

Return to “Off-Topic”