Scary Fast Draw

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Scary Fast Draw

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Skiprr wrote:While I suppose I could see some argument for taping the grip safety, what I haven't figured out is: why only one cartridge? The video notes the "Sparrow Assassins" only carried a single cartridge, in the chamber. One shot and you go to slide lock? :headscratch
Knowing you only have one shot would force you to make that one shot count. I bet it is to take away the option of sloppy assassin work. The only person who dies is the target.

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

The first time I tried to look at the video it didn't work, and the later comments left me with the feeling that this was something really impressive, but that's not what I see.

If you count the time from when he starts his draw, that is when his left hand starts moving the gun, to his shot, it's not really all that fast, it's only the right hand part that appears fast because the left hand, hidden in the pocket, started the draw much earlier.

I wish I could do that in IDPA.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

kd5zex
Posts in topic: 1

Post by kd5zex »

Is it just me or does the speaker resemble George Costanza from Seinfeld???
NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

lrb111

Post by lrb111 »

Skiprr wrote:While I suppose I could see some argument for taping the grip safety, what I haven't figured out is: why only one cartridge? The video notes the "Sparrow Assassins" only carried a single cartridge, in the chamber. One shot and you go to slide lock? :headscratch
One cartridge means no magazine. A lighter faster pistol. That's all I can figure...
Ø resist

Take away the second first, and the first is gone in a second.

NRA Life Member, TSRA, chl instructor

lunchbox
Posts in topic: 4

Post by lunchbox »

it was my understanding that modern hitmen used a 22 but i guess i was wrong
"I have two guns. One for each of ya" Doc Holiday
"Out here, due process is a bullet."
"Why Johnny Ringo, you look like somebody just walked over your grave."
"forgiveness is between them and god its my job to arrange the meeting" man on fire

austin

Post by austin »

Nothing special about this.

Appendix carry no holster is about as fast as it gets.

A slight advantage can be had using a low riding AIWB holster but nothing was available until this month.

He got rid of his safeties because they can cause him to bobble the shot.

HerbM

Post by HerbM »

That bugged me too -- maybe they only trusted him with one bullet? :lol:

I also thought maybe he was reducing the butt length by not having the magazine but that is pretty minimal.

I saw these things:

0) slight puffing of t-shirt which is actually tucked behind it

1) Off hand is holding/pushing the barrel to start the pistol upwards

2) Intake/sucking stomach in an upward to make clearance with belt and room for pistol to come up and allow room to reach around it to get grip

3) close-in, just stick it out (in his ear or whatever) and fire

I tried it (unloaded and triple cleared) -- it's not hard, a few days practice at most (oh, and a better fitting belt), he's not really that fast. It's more of the surprise factor of total concealment and location, and the uncharacteristic draw motion that doesn't scream "gun" until it is too late.

Wouldn't hurt for me to lose some weight but I can work with that.
HerbM

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

Think about this for a second - with no magazine, how does the gun go to slide lock?
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

jimlongley wrote:Think about this for a second - with no magazine, how does the gun go to slide lock?
It wouldn't matter anyway. They only have one shot. I can't imagine them carrying around an extra magazine and only keeping one bullet in the gun.

DoubleJ
Posts in topic: 4

Post by DoubleJ »

kd5zex wrote:Is it just me or does the speaker resemble George Costanza from Seinfeld???
only taller...
FWIW, IIRC, AFAIK, FTMP, IANAL. YMMV.

matrxx

Post by matrxx »

I saw myself a skinny police officer in tucker shirt pull out his full size 1911, and shoot at target just in a second.
Do you know how long will it take you to practice to shoot fast and shoot right? months by months and continue practicing.
You can say anything you want to say right now, but wait until gun point to see how how fast you can draw, and how fast you can shoot right.

O6nop

Post by O6nop »

Maybe they allowed him only one shot for demonstration purposes because he is an ASSASSIN! :eek6 His mission was to kill American Armed Forces personnel. They didn't want him blowing away the whole staff there at the State department....

Anyway, I'd like to see him take a few steps, up stairs or anything besides positioning it and standing still. Is he going to walk everywhere with one hand in his pocket balancing the gun in position by the end of the barrel?
I believe there is safety in numbers..
numbers like: 9, .22, .38, .357, .45, .223, 5.56, 7.62, 6.5, .30-06...

Return to “Off-Topic”