Checking in at kids' school

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

terryg
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Checking in at kids' school

Post by terryg »

Beiruty wrote:
terryg wrote:Had to check my daughter out today for an ortho appointment. As I walked into the school office, I noticed a large, perfectly compliant 30.06 sign in both languages. Talk about redundant!!!!!
Just to make sure you notifed even though it just a`waste of money to post k-12 buidling
Oh yeah. I didn't think about the fact that I paid for that useless sign!!
... this space intentionally left blank ...

Mr.ViperBoa
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Mr.ViperBoa »

Thats one reason it is hard for me to carry at work. I work for a company that deals with medical supplies and we do service work on tons of trainer room equipment in the schools all over the DFW area. I would constantly be taking my weapon in and out and putting in up. But I am constantly having to sign in and out at schools. The guy that works with me and I are always sticking the visitor passes to our sun visors. Starting to look like wall paper. lol
Christian/Family man
Veteran
CHL Instructor
http://www.texaschlsolutions.com/

Texgun

Post by Texgun »

I Googled T-rex and one of the selections that came back is TREX, Texas Records Exchange. Are they capturing your personal information into the system when you pick your child up? http://www.tea.state.tx.us/index4.aspx?id=3847" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Texgun
College Station, TX

Topic author
Beiruty
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Beiruty »

Texgun wrote:I Googled T-rex and one of the selections that came back is TREX, Texas Records Exchange. Are they capturing your personal information into the system when you pick your child up? http://www.tea.state.tx.us/index4.aspx?id=3847" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
not this one. what u find seems for student records transfer between schools.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Divided Attention
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Divided Attention »

The Texas Records Exchange is just that. An electronic based database for schools to transfer records among themselves. Unless they are out of state you can't even hardly get a Tx school to fax you anything. They tell you "TRex it". very frustrating.
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; Psalm 144:1-2
CHL - 2010; NRA RSO - 2011, NRA Chief RSO - 2014
NRA Pistol Instructor -2013, NRA Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor - 2015
Lifetime NRA Member - 2013

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I had just the opposite happen. I initially used my LTC and now it won't accept my DL. I'm good with it though as it works just as well. The clerk that signs people in got a kick out of it and gave me a little smile and wink.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

What if the parent picking up their kid is a registered sex offender from 10-15-20 years ago and now has a legitimate reason to be at a school? What do they do with that?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

relocker

Post by relocker »

terryg wrote:Had to check my daughter out today for an ortho appointment. As I walked into the school office, I noticed a large, perfectly compliant 30.06 sign in both languages. Talk about redundant!!!!!
Here's a better one.

My kids' school has large, perfectly compliant 30.07 signs in both languages at each entrance. No 30.06, though. I guess they only unnecessarily spent half the money.

Return to “Off-Topic”