Rep. Ron Paul opposed to raid on Bin Laden's compound

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 11

Rep. Ron Paul opposed to raid on Bin Laden's compound

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

It's so embarrassing that this nut job is my Congressman! Too bad he's unbeatable in this District. He's going to collect a ton of money claiming to run for President, then he'll sit back and accomplish absolutely nothing as he always does. If he is really stupid enough to believe the Pakistani government would have turned him over to the U.S., then he's too gullible to even be a Congressman, much less President.

Chas.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/05 ... aden-raid/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Mad Moderate
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Rep. Ron Paul opposed to raid on Bin Laden's compound

Post by The Mad Moderate »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:It's so embarrassing that this nut job is my Congressman! Too bad he's unbeatable in this District. He's going to collect a ton of money claiming to run for President, then he'll sit back and accomplish absolutely nothing as he always does.

Chas.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/05 ... aden-raid/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I don't know that he's unbeatable. Saying you opposed the killing of the most evil man in the world who was responsible for the deaths of nearly 3000 Americans seems like it would be career suicide. I got an idea Charles, how about you run... I'm not in your district however I would support your election.
American by birth Texan by the grace of God

Not to be a republican at twenty is proof of want of heart; to be one at thirty is proof of want of head.
-Francois Guisot

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Oldgringo »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:It's so embarrassing that this nut job is my Congressman! Too bad he's unbeatable in this District. He's going to collect a ton of money claiming to run for President, then he'll sit back and accomplish absolutely nothing as he always does. If he is really stupid enough to believe the Pakistani government would have turned him over to the U.S., then he's too gullible to even be a Congressman, much less President.

Chas.

These 'nut jobs' don't elect themselves. They're elected and then re-elected by the majority vote of the 'nut jobs' in their various districts...all across the country. Speaking of Pauls, does the acorn fall far from the tree...just askin'?

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

I like his Libertarian viewpoint, but would never vote for him... Because he's waaaaay off base with things like this.
IMO, we're better for having folks like him in the mix, just don't leave him in charge of the asylum.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Oldgringo wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:It's so embarrassing that this nut job is my Congressman! Too bad he's unbeatable in this District. He's going to collect a ton of money claiming to run for President, then he'll sit back and accomplish absolutely nothing as he always does. If he is really stupid enough to believe the Pakistani government would have turned him over to the U.S., then he's too gullible to even be a Congressman, much less President.

Chas.

These 'nut jobs' don't elect themselves. They're elected and then re-elected by the majority vote of the 'nut jobs' in their various districts...all across the country. Speaking of Pauls, does the acorn fall far from the tree...just askin'?
I sure hope so!! Perhaps there was a strong wind when the acorn fell.

Chas.

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

RoyGBiv wrote:I like his Libertarian viewpoint, but would never vote for him... Because he's waaaaay off base with things like this.
I don't know about "never", but yeah, I'm starting to remember why I didn't vote for him in the last election. IMHO, his libertarian views are essential to the federal government, which makes the whole thing incredibly frustrating to me.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Oldgringo wrote:

Chas.

This guy keeps getting reelected because people don't take the time to see what he really stands for and how little he's done. He creates a few sound bites that sound appealing (even to me), but that doesn't reveal the real Ron Paul. The last time he "ran" for President, he collected so much money on the Internet from people outside of Texas that he'll never need to raise another nickle for all of his future campaigns.

Chas.

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:

Chas.

I sure hope so!! Perhaps there was a strong wind when the acorn fell.

Chas.
I've heard that Rand is just like Ron, except without the crazy. I have not looked into it myself, though. Come to think of it, I think I might've gotten that impression from something someone said here.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 6

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Rand Paul seems far more rational than his pop. He's been a strong Tea Party candidate. I don't think that most Tea Partiers take Ron Paul seriously.... other than as a general pain.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

stroo

Post by stroo »

When Paul talks about economic issues, he says some very good things. He gets onto other issues though and says some crazy thinks. He may be the one Republican candidate that if the nominee would force me to sit out the 2012 election.

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

stroo wrote:When Paul talks about economic issues, he says some very good things. He gets onto other issues though and says some crazy thinks. He may be the one Republican candidate that if the nominee would force me to sit out the 2012 election.
Yeah - I think that's what Chas is getting at - all he does is say some agreeable rhetoric. He doesn't ever do anything.

I think someone wiser than I once said "show me your faith without works, and I'll show you my faith by what I do." That is how I judge elected officers, by what their track record shows, not what they say. I find it easier to identify propaganda vs facts.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Dragonfighter

Post by Dragonfighter »

AndyC wrote:I'd vote for Ru Paul before Ron Paul :grumble
Had to dust that one off, didn't you? :mrgreen:
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

CrimsonSoul

Post by CrimsonSoul »

I like Ron Paul, and he is in my district.
Approved 07/17/09
In hand 07/17/09

flb_78
Posts in topic: 5

Post by flb_78 »

I like Ron Paul as well, his son is my U.S. Senator.
http://www.AmarilloGunOwners.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Off-Topic”