North Houston/Beltway "Meet 'n Greet"

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 8

North Houston/Beltway "Meet 'n Greet"

Post by Jumping Frog »

Well, at least four of us work near the Beltway between I-45 and Bush Airport.

We are thinking about getting together for lunch on a work day. Probably in the Greens Rd area, but I am also open to any of the restaurants off I-45 within 3-5 miles north or south of the Beltway.

This thread is to work out when and where, as well as issuing an open invite to any other TexasCHLforum members who are in the general vicinity and would like to participate.

I'll start off with suggesting any of the three days Wed-Fri this week (Dec 5-7) would work for me. I am happy with going to almost any restaurant.

Who else is interested? When & where?
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Aggie_engr
Posts in topic: 2

Re: North Houston/Beltway "Meet 'n Greet"

Post by Aggie_engr »

I'm in. Who else??? :cheers2:

There are a myriad of resturaunt choices to satisfy anyone's preference, I'm also okay with anything so someone can start a suggestion.

Posts in topic: 5

Post by 77346 »

If you do it this Friday (7th) I will join you, as it's my 9/80 Friday off. I work downtown, but live near IAH.
Alex
NRA Benefactor Life & TSRA Life Member
Bay Area Shooting Club Member
CHL since 7/12 | 28 days mailbox-to-mailbox

DevilDawg
Posts in topic: 1

Post by DevilDawg »

Although good eats, I might suggest skipping Jimmy G's. :shock:

Mamacita's is usually good to go depending on your timing. They don't get the crowd Papassitos gets and the food is fairly good.

Msjboof1

Post by Msjboof1 »

I would like to go. Just let me know what time and where. I'm sure I can get away :)

57Coastie

Post by 57Coastie »

Last weekend I attended a muster of the Houston Smart Car Club at Papa's Ice House in Spring.
http://www.papasicehousetx.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

More motorcycles than smart cars, and I must admit that I spent most of my time ogling the cyclechicks. The motorcyclists appear to have not bathed all that often, as did the cyclechicks, but the cyclechicks appear to have shaved more often. :mrgreen:

I searched diligently for either a 30.06 sign or a 51% sign, but could find none. I do suspect that much more money was spent there for Miller Lite than was spent for food, however.

The bar food, BTW, was really outstanding and quite reasonable. A great place for a get-together. As a duty driver I got free soft drinks and appetizers. That left only one legal drinker in my smart car - the dear wife, who drank not Miller Lite, but rather Stella Artois, which demonstrates the wide selection of beers abailable.

Jim

Topic author
Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

57Coastie wrote:Last weekend I attended a muster of the Houston Smart Car Club at Papa's Ice House in Spring.
Can we please keep this thread focused on arranging the time, place, and any other particulars about a TexasCHLforum North Houston/Beltway "Meet 'n Greet" and not devolve into a general discussion of various social events attended throughout our lives. Thanks.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

57Coastie

Post by 57Coastie »

Jumping Frog wrote:
57Coastie wrote:Last weekend I attended a muster of the Houston Smart Car Club at Papa's Ice House in Spring.
Can we please keep this thread focused on arranging the time, place, and any other particulars about a TexasCHLforum North Houston/Beltway "Meet 'n Greet" and not devolve into a general discussion of various social events attended throughout our lives. Thanks.
Please forgive me, Bob. I intended my tale to be a recommendation for the get-together you proposed earlier. Obviously I must learn to be more explicit.

Jim

Posts in topic: 5

Post by 77346 »

I would recommend the Saltgrass on the I-45 southbound feeder between Richey and Airtex; there's also Joe's Crab and Zio's nearby. That's probably a 4-5 mile drive from BW8. Here's a map, hours, link to a menu, etc.: http://www.saltgrass.com/location-map.asp?loc=SGNT

There's a few restaurants on Greens Rd by Gunspoint, but I haven't been there in a while.
Alex
NRA Benefactor Life & TSRA Life Member
Bay Area Shooting Club Member
CHL since 7/12 | 28 days mailbox-to-mailbox

gigag04
Posts in topic: 3

Post by gigag04 »

I may ride the bike in, and then check out some properties. I'm a tentative maybe.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

I can't do Thursday, but might be able to swing Wednesday or Friday.

I'll watch the Topic to see what develops.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Topic author
Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

77346 wrote:I would recommend the Saltgrass on the I-45 southbound
That is one of my regular spots. When I walk in the door, they greet me by name. :mrgreen:

emcee rib

Post by emcee rib »

57Coastie wrote:
Jumping Frog wrote:
Please forgive me, Bob. I intended my tale to be a recommendation for the get-together you proposed earlier. Obviously I must learn to be more explicit.

Jim
My GPS says from Greenspoint to Papas Ice House in Spring is only a mile less than Greenspoint to downtown Houston.
We declare our right on this earth to be a man, to be a human being, to be respected as a human being, to be given the rights of a human being in this society, on this earth, in this day, which we intend to bring into existence by any means necessary.

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

emcee rib wrote:My GPS says from Greenspoint to Papas Ice House in Spring is only a mile less than Greenspoint to downtown Houston.
You aren't from around here, are you?
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Topic author
Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

Preliminary roll call/preferences:

Jumping Frog - Wed, Thu, Fri
Skiprr - Wed or Fri
77346 - Fri
Aggie_engr - No date preference
Msjboof1 - No date preference
gigag04 - a decisive "tentative maybe" :biggrinjester:
WildBill - Wed or Fri

So far, I've seen Saltgrass and Mamacita's nominated. Any other suggestions before nominations are closed and a vote taken? :mrgreen:

Mamacita's
15335 North Freeway, Houston, TX
(281) 876-3663

Saltgrass Steak House
14909 Interstate 45, Houston, TX

They are about 6 businesses apart from each other on I-45 N between Airtex Rd and Richey Rd. As info, I am a Landry's Select member, so I can get us to the top of the waiting list at Saltgrass.

Return to “Off-Topic”