Today Google Doodle

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
TxA
Posts in topic: 1

Today Google Doodle

Post by TxA »

Regardless of how you feel about Google, I give them props for their doodle today!!! :patriot:

You can read the story here. Pretty good stuff! :txflag:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/2 ... 24820.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CHL 08/00

“We have no government armed in power capable of contending in human passions unbridled by morality and religion... Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”
John Adams – 2nd President of the United States

Jaguar
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Today Google Doodle

Post by Jaguar »

I liked it... mostly.

What's with the Big "O" shining down from on high?

Not a fan of that but the rest of it is really good.
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -- James Madison

JJVP

Post by JJVP »

Jaguar wrote:I liked it... mostly.

Yeah, I saw that earlier and had he same reaction about the "O". It completely ruined, IMO, the rest of the drawing.
2nd Amendment. America's Original Homeland Security.
Alcohol, Tobacco , Firearms. Who's Bringing the Chips?
No Guns. No Freedom. Know Guns. Know Freedom.

steve817

Post by steve817 »

JJVP wrote:

Yeah, I saw that earlier and had he same reaction about the "O". It completely ruined, IMO, the rest of the drawing.

It's the second O in Google.
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.."
-- Ronald Reagan

ajwakeboarder

Post by ajwakeboarder »

steve817 wrote:
JJVP wrote:

It's the second O in Google.
True, but why do they make it stand out that way. It could be taken a couple of different ways. I think they just meant it to be the sun. But it could also be construed to be a "divine" symbol of Obama.
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

ajwakeboarder wrote: True, but why do they make it stand out that way. It could be taken a couple of different ways. I think they just meant it to be the sun. But it could also be construed to be a "divine" symbol of Obama.
Boy, that's a major stretch. It's the second O in Google. She used it to emphasize the shadow effects, a nice artistic touch. I think our shared distrust of the current POTUS has too many of us trying to find symbolism in every stylized use of the letter 'o'. :roll:
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

OldCannon wrote:
ajwakeboarder wrote: True, but why do they make it stand out that way. It could be taken a couple of different ways. I think they just meant it to be the sun. But it could also be construed to be a "divine" symbol of Obama.
Boy, that's a major stretch. It's the second O in Google. She used it to emphasize the shadow effects, a nice artistic touch. I think our shared distrust of the current POTUS has too many of us trying to find symbolism in every stylized use of the letter 'o'. :roll:
For me, that is because neither the administration nor the press misses a chance to do just that. Just chalk it up to the Narcissist in Chief and his sycophants.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Jaguar
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jaguar »

OldCannon wrote:
Take a look at what the press puts out, after being bombarded with his symbolism for the last five years, you kind of know it when you see it.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site ... fM_NaqKdCc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -- James Madison

cmwoodruff

Post by cmwoodruff »

Jaguar wrote:
OldCannon wrote:
Take a look at what the press puts out, after being bombarded with his symbolism for the last five years, you kind of know it when you see it.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&site ... fM_NaqKdCc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I like this one much better..

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sit ... 40&bih=705" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” -Adolf Hitler

Hoosier Daddy

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

I wish the critics would read the story. It was a contest for children to draw a Google Doodle of their best day ever. The girl who won drew one showing "her greeting her father after his 18-month deployment in Iraq when she was 10 years old."
Indiana Lifetime Handgun License

Return to “Off-Topic”