They're HERE!!!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 1

They're HERE!!!

Post by sjfcontrol »

Time to lock & load!

A woman on the local news this evening said her husband's body was taken over by an infection. My immediate response was, "Woah! Zombies!". Get ready, they're HERE!!!
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

jmra
Posts in topic: 4

Re: They're HERE!!!

Post by jmra »

Glad my boys don't read this forum. I think they secretly pray for a zombie invasion. Paper plates with zombie faces on them have been killed in my house more ways than you can possibly imagine. :fire
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

The new phone books?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

TLE2

Post by TLE2 »

Remind them that paper plates don't bite and don't move unless you throw them.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... (Jefferson quoting Beccaria)

... tyrants accomplish their purposes ...by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms. - Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

jmra

Post by jmra »

TLE2 wrote:Remind them that paper plates don't bite and don't move unless you throw them.
My kids have been know to move often and on occasion bite. They are both also very good shooters. I put my money on the kids. :mrgreen:
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Maxwell
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Maxwell »

Rule #1. Cardio

To escape a pursuing zombie you will need to out-run it, and this means being in good shape.

Thanks Zombieland.
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Maxwell wrote:Rule #1. Cardio

To escape a pursuing zombie you will need to out-run it, and this means being in good shape.

Thanks Zombieland.
Corollary: You need to be able to outrun the slowest person.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Corollary: You need to be able to outrun the slowest person.

True, You don't need to outrun the zombie/bear/tiger/etc. You only need to outrun the other guy... :biggrinjester:
I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

When everything else fails, there is :

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

LSUTiger

Post by LSUTiger »

Very timely, I just watched "Shaun of the Dead" again last night. I'm glad I got my zombie killing refresher course in on time.

As long as they are slow, easy to kill and easily fooled by acting like zombies, then I think we are in pretty good shape. It ought to be a good time.

Now, if they turn out to be like the "28 Days Later" or "The Crazies" zombies, then I think we are in trouble. Even the "Zombieland" zombies will give you a run for your money.

What version of the reanimated undead do you think is the most likely? The slow comical clumsy ones or the superhuman alpha predator kind?

Life is like a box of zombies, you never know what your'e gonna get.
Chance favors the prepared. Making good people helpless doesn't make bad people harmless.
There is no safety in denial. When seconds count the Police are only minutes away.
Sometimes I really wish a lawyer would chime in and clear things up. Do we have any lawyers on this forum?

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

C-dub wrote:The new phone books?
:lol:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Preppers are praying for zombies - and hoo doggy, they's some now, yee-haw, apocalypse is finally upon us! Zombie's to the left of me - zombie's to the right of me. Wonderful!

I toad ja, the apocalypse would be here directly and show nuff, whoa they's one now, shoot, shoot, aim for the brain. If ya just wound em in the body, they become slow moving, infectious snappers. Ugh!

O.K. Maw, hand me that ammo and get to cooking grub, zombie killing's a whole lotta work!

Ah, the good life!

jmra

Post by jmra »

Abraham wrote:Preppers are praying for zombies - and hoo doggy, they's some now, yee-haw, apocalypse is finally upon us! Zombie's to the left of me - zombie's to the right of me. Wonderful!

I toad ja, the apocalypse would be here directly and show nuff, whoa they's one now, shoot, shoot, aim for the brain. If ya just wound em in the body, they become slow moving, infectious snappers. Ugh!

O.K. Maw, hand me that ammo and get to cooking grub, zombie killing's a whole lotta work!

Ah, the good life!
Like your post so much I tought I'd post it again instead of just posting a :iagree: right after your post. :mrgreen:
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

If such an event happenned, I have to wonder if all the desparate people moving around would be more dangerous than the zombies. Not to mention simple disease and starvation if really bad.

As for running/walking/stumbling, I can't imagine any disease that kills your higher brain function NOT disabling your motor skills at least a little. We don't learn to walk/run overnight. We don't have the same instincts many animals are born with.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

MechAg94,

I commend you sir, for giving this most serious subject, a lot of thought.

However, you've overlooked the "fast mover hybrids" per such thoughtful documentaries as "28 Days Later".

Apparently, rather than a diminution of their zombie motor skills, zombie-hood augmented it.

Return to “Off-Topic”