Trac Phone

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

cb1000rider
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Trac Phone

Post by cb1000rider »

Yes, these days, for $40-$50 you should expect:
1) A major carrier: Sprint, Verizon, T-mobile, or AT&T
2) 4G data, which is faster than many people's internet at home.
3) Data limits of 1-3GB
4) Unlimited calls and text

The only advantage that I see by staying with major carriers is that they'll subsidize the cost of an expensive phone up front. They'll have you pay it back over a year and you're at a net loss as a consumer.

I have trouble with businesses that treat new customers better than existing/old customers. This is true of the major cell carriers, internet providers, cable providers, dish providers. They focus on new customer acquisition and ignore retention.

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

cb1000rider wrote: I have trouble with businesses that treat new customers better than existing/old customers. This is true of the major cell carriers, internet providers, cable providers, dish providers. They focus on new customer acquisition and ignore retention.
This is one thing I think AT&T Wireless did right with their family value plan. They allowed existing on-contract customers to move to this plan and pay less per month because their phones were no longer subsidized. In effect, they allowed customers to get out of their contracts free of charge.

In general, I agree that it is aggravating to be treated this way. I ran into something similar with DirecTV when I wanted to switch because my contract was expiring. They offered me a token savings of something like $15 a month plus HBO free for 3 months. Thanks for telling me you really don't want me as a customer anymore.
Psalm 91:2

lithium398
Posts in topic: 1

Post by lithium398 »

I assume they offer texting options on trac phones as well?

2farnorth

Post by 2farnorth »

lithium398 wrote:I assume they offer texting options on trac phones as well?
Yes they do.
N5PNZ

Return to “Off-Topic”