U.S. Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl freed in Afghanistan

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1


rwg3
Senior Member
Posts: 252
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:07 am

Re: U.S. Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl freed in Afghanistan

Postby rwg3 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:20 am

MeMelYup wrote:I don't want to sound down on the guy, I'm not. They need to observe him very close for a while, they had him for 5 years and can plant a lot of ideas under duress.


Is it too much to hope that this could be a two way street x5?

Not that we will ever know the real truth of it but BB's actions speak to mental health issues and then looking at how his father has acted I suspect the apple has not fallen far from the tree.
"Moderation is the silken string running through the pearl-chain of all virtues", Thomas Fuller

User avatar

jmra
Senior Member
Posts: 10331
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:51 am
Location: Ellis County

Re: U.S. Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl freed in Afghanistan

Postby jmra » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:40 am

Even DF is now complaining about the swap occurring without congress being notified. Says the law should have been followed.
http://video.foxnews.com/v/3604821017001/taliban-release-video-of-bergdahl-handover-/#sp=show-clips
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member


philip964
Senior Member
Posts: 5524
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: U.S. Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl freed in Afghanistan

Postby philip964 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:05 am

I guess what I am most puzzled about is, why?

What was the motivation to get this guy released now and not maybe a year before Obama leaves office?

Failing health? Didn't seem so from the video today.

I can see Obama at the end of his presidency wanting to tie up loose ends, form a legacy. He got the only US soldier captive on his watch, released.

But now, under such bad terms, without notifying congress, violating the law? It seems to make no sense.

They also could have just quietly did it, especially considering the negative aspects of the soldiers departure. They didn't need to publicize it, not have a White House photo op with the wacko dad. No reason for Susan Rice to get up and lie to everyone again.

Most of the dumb stuff they do seems to have a liberal, left wing, anti freedom, anti constitution, pro communist motive.

Here, there seems to be no upside.

Are they now going to pressure the joint chiefs to not court marshal him? That will come out if they do. Otherwise, he's going to be court marshaled and get a lengthy prison term, that's going to make great press.

What happens when one of the Guantanamo guys pulls off some big terror plot, the bad press from that will be hard to control. What happens when the Taliban starts actively trying to kidnap US soldiers or citizens and gets another one.

I'm just completely dumb founded.

User avatar

VMI77
Senior Member
Posts: 6096
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:49 pm
Location: Victoria, Texas

Re: U.S. Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl freed in Afghanistan

Postby VMI77 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:01 am

philip964 wrote:I guess what I am most puzzled about is, why?

What was the motivation to get this guy released now and not maybe a year before Obama leaves office?

Failing health? Didn't seem so from the video today.

I can see Obama at the end of his presidency wanting to tie up loose ends, form a legacy. He got the only US soldier captive on his watch, released.

But now, under such bad terms, without notifying congress, violating the law? It seems to make no sense.

They also could have just quietly did it, especially considering the negative aspects of the soldiers departure. They didn't need to publicize it, not have a White House photo op with the wacko dad. No reason for Susan Rice to get up and lie to everyone again.

Most of the dumb stuff they do seems to have a liberal, left wing, anti freedom, anti constitution, pro communist motive.

Here, there seems to be no upside.

Are they now going to pressure the joint chiefs to not court marshal him? That will come out if they do. Otherwise, he's going to be court marshaled and get a lengthy prison term, that's going to make great press.

What happens when one of the Guantanamo guys pulls off some big terror plot, the bad press from that will be hard to control. What happens when the Taliban starts actively trying to kidnap US soldiers or citizens and gets another one.

I'm just completely dumb founded.


Some are saying the Taliban duped the administration to believe he was in failing health....par for the course with this clown posse. But I'm guessing the primary motivation was to wipe the VA problems out of the headlines. Or, it may be that because Obama and his clown posse hate America they wanted to make a political statement to their base by bringing home a traitor that hates America.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

User avatar

Jim Beaux
Senior Member
Posts: 1323
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:55 pm

Re: U.S. Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl freed in Afghanistan

Postby Jim Beaux » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:20 am

philip964 wrote:I guess what I am most puzzled about is, why?

What was the motivation to get this guy released now and not maybe a year before Obama leaves office?

Failing health? Didn't seem so from the video today.

I can see Obama at the end of his presidency wanting to tie up loose ends, form a legacy. He got the only US soldier captive on his watch, released.

But now, under such bad terms, without notifying congress, violating the law? It seems to make no sense.

They also could have just quietly did it, especially considering the negative aspects of the soldiers departure. They didn't need to publicize it, not have a White House photo op with the wacko dad. No reason for Susan Rice to get up and lie to everyone again.

Most of the dumb stuff they do seems to have a liberal, left wing, anti freedom, anti constitution, pro communist motive.

Here, there seems to be no upside.

Are they now going to pressure the joint chiefs to not court marshal him? That will come out if they do. Otherwise, he's going to be court marshaled and get a lengthy prison term, that's going to make great press.

What happens when one of the Guantanamo guys pulls off some big terror plot, the bad press from that will be hard to control. What happens when the Taliban starts actively trying to kidnap US soldiers or citizens and gets another one.

I'm just completely dumb founded.



Many of obama's actions are confounding until we realize what he is trying to accomplish.

Though obama is inept, he is also a Marxist, and an opponent to the American way of life. He and his circle are Saul Alinsky radicals with intent to "fundamentally change" our republic. Though he has critically wounded our country, we will be doomed if another Saul Alinsky adherent, Hilary is elected.

It will be "turn out the lights" if our next president is not a conservative who possesses executive experience, (either in business, military or government) allied with a conservative congress.

The doomsday clock has already began striking midnight on our country.
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown


Abraham
Senior Member
Posts: 6950
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:43 am

Re: U.S. Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl freed in Afghanistan

Postby Abraham » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:41 pm

Jim Beaux,

Do you recall when Valerie Jarrett stated publicly and enthusiastically that the Obama administration sought out and did recruit Van Jones, a known Marxist as a member of their administration? His Marxism was a deciding factor...

She also stated that "they had, had their eyes on him for some time".

I remain appalled...

If you've never voted, when it's your turn, please do so!

Vote these Marxists out of office!

Or, live with the consequences....comrade.

User avatar

AndyC
Senior Member
Posts: 9388
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:34 pm
Location: Richardson, TX

Re: U.S. Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl freed in Afghanistan

Postby AndyC » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:27 pm

Da.
Remember Kitty Genovese

Image

Amateurs skip safety-checks - pros don't.
Preferred Travel Agent - 72 Virgins Dating Club
There's nothing quite like the offer of 230 grains to a man's chest to remind him of his manners


BigGuy
Senior Member
Posts: 636
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:36 am

Re: U.S. Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl freed in Afghanistan

Postby BigGuy » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:40 pm

Jim Beaux wrote:
Many of obama's actions are confounding until we realize what he is trying to accomplish.

Though obama is inept, he is also a Marxist, and an opponent to the American way of life. He and his circle are Saul Alinsky radicals with intent to "fundamentally change" our republic. Though he has critically wounded our country, we will be doomed if another Saul Alinsky adherent, Hilary is elected.

It will be "turn out the lights" if our next president is not a conservative who possesses executive experience, (either in business, military or government) allied with a conservative congress.

The doomsday clock has already began striking midnight on our country.


There was a time when I'd have rolled my eyes at the above and though ,"Oh brother! Here we go again with some simplistic Obama bashing. I mean seriously, a Marxist in the White House?" I'd have told myself that somebody had been reading too many political thrillers. Except.
Try as I may, I can't come up with a better explanation. His first missteps, I either defended, or wrote off as honest mistakes. By the time we got to Benghazi, it was so obviously a cover up that I couldn't deny it, but I still thought it was covering up a bad decision made in an honest effort. Now we have him sending 5 of the worst terrorists this county has in custody in exchange for a man who is almost certainly a traitor, and I'm at a complete loss to even come up with a plausible motive. How many Americans died because of these guys before their capture? How many Americans died capturing them? We know of at least six who died trying to rescue the traitor. How many more Americans will die because these guys are now back out and in the fight?
And the way he released them was illegal. Well, what's new.
But the thing that really gets me is how many of my liberal aquantinances STILL defend the guy. I had drank deeply of the Kool-Aid. God help me, I voted for him is the last two elections. But when enough houses fall on you, you eventually start to smell the plaster. When the shingles finally fell from my eyes, I assumed that everybody had seen the light. I'm shocked and horrified that so many still support him.
The few alms I can muster are going to contested races where we have a chance of getting rid of a Democrat. A few to Huck Pac, Cassidy in Louisiana , and Cotton in Arkansas. I still have hope we can slow this death ride down in November, and then get it back on track in 2016. I'm not the only Dem (ex dem) to notice the wreckage produced by the people we were supporting. He only took office with 51% of the vote. It won't take many of my ilk to swing the tide. I really think there is a change coming. The pendulum is starting to swing back. November will give us a good indicator. 2016 will tell the tide.

User avatar

Jim Beaux
Senior Member
Posts: 1323
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:55 pm

Re: U.S. Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl freed in Afghanistan

Postby Jim Beaux » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:12 pm

I know we need to get back on topic, but I need to add this to save my credibility.

This is the pastor that obama listened to for 20 years.

[Jeremiah]Wright, who began the "Ministers in Training" (MIT) program at Trinity United Church of Christ, has been a national leader in promoting theological education and the preparation of seminarians for the African-American church.[23] The church's mission statement is based upon systematized Black liberation theology that started with the works of James Hal Cone.[

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremiah_Wright

Here is the Wikipedia link to Black Liberation Theology. Look to the right side of the page and especially check out a few of the "Key concepts" (ie Marxism, Christian Communism, Christian Socialism, Distributism, etc)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_liberation_theology
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

User avatar

baldeagle
Senior Member
Posts: 5240
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 8:26 pm
Location: Richardson, TX

Re: U.S. Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl freed in Afghanistan

Postby baldeagle » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:16 pm

BigGuy wrote:He only took office with 51% of the vote. It won't take many of my ilk to swing the tide. I really think there is a change coming. The pendulum is starting to swing back. November will give us a good indicator. 2016 will tell the tide.

Let's hope and pray you are right, because not much of America is left. If we don't turn the tide in a big way, it's all over.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

User avatar

jmra
Senior Member
Posts: 10331
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:51 am
Location: Ellis County

Re: U.S. Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl freed in Afghanistan

Postby jmra » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:47 pm

baldeagle wrote:
BigGuy wrote:He only took office with 51% of the vote. It won't take many of my ilk to swing the tide. I really think there is a change coming. The pendulum is starting to swing back. November will give us a good indicator. 2016 will tell the tide.

Let's hope and pray you are right, because not much of America is left. If we don't turn the tide in a big way, it's all over.

:iagree:
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member


Saffron
Member
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:37 pm

Re: U.S. Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl freed in Afghanistan

Postby Saffron » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:50 pm

philip964 wrote:I guess what I am most puzzled about is, why?

What was the motivation to get this guy released now and not maybe a year before Obama leaves office?

Maybe the timing is about one of the trades, not about Bergdahl.
I do know my Bible, sir.


philip964
Senior Member
Posts: 5524
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: U.S. Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl freed in Afghanistan

Postby philip964 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:15 pm

His hometown has cancelled his welcoming parade. Cannot afford the security required now due to all the protests that were planned.


philip964
Senior Member
Posts: 5524
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: U.S. Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl freed in Afghanistan

Postby philip964 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:43 am

Bergdahl is being "swiftboated" by the soldiers in his platoon per the White House.

Yeah go ahead, dishonor the soldiers who honorably served our country.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/rep ... 4307.html#

November cannot come quick enough.

User avatar

RetNavy
Senior Member
Posts: 515
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:21 am
Location: Paris, Tx

Re: U.S. Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl freed in Afghanistan

Postby RetNavy » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:04 am

this just my opinion.... first of all he was "captured" when he was a PFC which is what a E-3.... how may PFC's would be in position of any important military intellegence...
2nd... when i went through boot camp... we had drilled into our noggins the Military Fighting Man Creed or something like that which was basically give your name rank serial number, and to try to escape to your utmost capabilities.....
as i said this is my opinion.... Why didnt the Taliban go ahead and execute him once they realized that he was a small fish.... if he even once tried to escaped they probably would have done it (my thinking) The only way we will probably get the whole story is when the taliban gives that info out..... sure not going get it from the white house
"Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward. Freedom will be defended!"
-President George W. Bush, September 11, 2001


Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests