U.S. Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl freed in Afghanistan

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

gigag04
Posts in topic: 1

Re: U.S. Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl freed in Afghanistan

Post by gigag04 »

The guy is a traitor.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

jmra
Posts in topic: 9

Post by jmra »

gigag04 wrote:The guy is a traitor.
:iagree:
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

philip964
Posts in topic: 23

Post by philip964 »

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... night.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Soldiers died looking for him after he went AWOL in the middle of the night.

mamabearCali
Posts in topic: 5

Post by mamabearCali »

Bad bad idea. Glad he is home, but bad bad idea. Now all our soldiers have a price on their heads, so the he enemy knows if you want your leaders back grab the nearest private and hold them for ransom,

As to whether he is a deserter or not. I have no information on that.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

jmra
Posts in topic: 9

Post by jmra »

philip964 wrote:http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... night.html

Soldiers died looking for him after he went AWOL in the middle of the night.
Deaths for which he should be held accountable when he returns.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

isa268

Post by isa268 »

jmra wrote:
gigag04 wrote:The guy is a traitor.
:iagree:
:iagree: second.
SW1911SC, SW642, M&P Shield 9mm, Caracal F, SuperNova Tactical, M&P22, SKS, AR15, Tavor, Winchester .22lr.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Jim Beaux
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Jim Beaux »

CHLLady wrote:I'm trying to reserve my opinion, but more and more people are coming forward to tell what happened when he left.

Our captives were never treated as well as this guy. It just seems very suspicious to me.

He needs to be told that his comrades were killed while looking for him.

I'm suspicious of his father too. Strange strange things afoot. Despite this being the perfect opportunity for Mr. O to close it all down. What made me throw up in my mouth was when the prez. said something to the effect that we don't leave Americans behind, while speaking at the rose garden. Bad speech writer, bad!! :banghead:
And yet he ignores Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi who is being held hostage in a Tijuana prison on weapons charges. .....just sayin :mad5
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

Texsquatch

Post by Texsquatch »

Phew, I'm just glad I'm not the only one who had these same thoughts. I admit I didn't follow this very close until I heard the father say he felt he was a hero. Then, the next words from the commentator was that he "wondered off, unarmed". That got the old spidey senses going. I fear there is more to come and we're not going to like what we learn.

RogueUSMC

Post by RogueUSMC »

Thanks to Prez's stunt with Bergdhal, nobody is saying anything about anything else...VA debacle....Benghazi hearings...etc.
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

Jim Beaux
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Jim Beaux »

Interesting twitter from a fellow team member who was there.

When he discovered that Bergdahl was missing, he woke the team leader up by saying, "He's gone", the team leader knew who he was referring to.

“Why would someone pack all of there [sic] belongings and send them home in the middle of a 12 month deployment? Hmmmm”
On the 2nd night B asked our team leader what would happen of his sensitive equipment went missing
On the 3rd night B asked a fellow platoon mate "if your M9 (9mm Pistol) went missing would you get in trouble?"
“So we now have Pre-Meditated Desertion at this point, yes?”

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/06/143437- ... istration/
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

philip964
Posts in topic: 23

Post by philip964 »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -died.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Story on a real hero who died looking for him.

No doubt in my mind, he will be a martyr if prosecuted. If not, he will be a darling left hero, and run for political office .

Even my wife who loves Michelle, thinks trading for him was a very bad idea. We have a young female Officer friend in Afghanistan right now and she is now very worried for her safety.

G.A. Heath
Posts in topic: 2

Post by G.A. Heath »

Let me see if I understand this. We trade 5 high value terrorists for 1 marine who deserted his post and apparently changed sides? I could see trading low value prisoners for him in order to make an example out of him but this smells too much like political efforts to help Ds win against Rs because a "D" brought our boy back. I would in fact have preferred a soldier a little closer to home was brought back instead.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by powerboatr »

Dragonfighter wrote:
Jumping Frog wrote:
MeMelYup wrote:I don't want to sound down on the guy, I'm not. They need to observe him very close for a while, they had him for 5 years and can plant a lot of ideas under duress.
Are you thinking of Homeland?
I was thinking "Manchurian Candidate".
that is our current pres.

but mr.i walked away with a compass and bottle of water is a deserter, many soldiers died looking for him.
I thought he may be a cia plant.......but after digging through the last five years of reports.... he is a deserter.

but as most of you know the army has a huge problem on its hands since the first gulf war....lots and lots of converts to islam...bet you didnt know that little bitty tid bit, actually it was going on but much less prevalent , after gulf one it took off
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 5

Post by anygunanywhere »

philip964 wrote:
No doubt in my mind, he will be a martyr if prosecuted.
If they want to be martyrs then we need to do everything we can to hurry along the process. Help them out.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Return to “Off-Topic”