U.S. Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl freed in Afghanistan

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mojo84
Posts in topic: 7

Re: U.S. Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl freed in Afghanistan

Post by mojo84 »

We all know what has come to light from this administration. Now just think about what all this administration has done that we don't know about. I assure you we only see the tip of the iceberg. Think Titanic.

And no, I don't have any hard evidence to prove my opinion to those that enjoy arguing.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

mamabearCali
Posts in topic: 5

Post by mamabearCali »

To ride the expression a little longer. We were sunk at the second inaugural. Right now it is about trying to find the best lifeboat and timing your release so you can get away from the ship. Don't want to end up like Rose and Jack standing on the top of the ship....that is a bad place to be.

Right now my best hope is that the only part that goes down hard is DC and the liberal cities that have propped it up. However I worry for us all.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

Rrash
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Rrash »

There are reports now that Jerry Jones helped orchestrate the trade.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Keith B »

Rrash wrote:There are reports now that Jerry Jones helped orchestrate the trade.
With his previous history of trades, that may explain a lot. :evil2:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Jim Beaux

Post by Jim Beaux »

Rrash wrote:There are reports now that Jerry Jones helped orchestrate the trade.

That's so wrong...... :lol:
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

Abraham
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Abraham »

If true, he walked away and joined the enemy, why should we repatriate him?

Why not let the Taliban keep, house, and feed him?

Yes, he's putatively an American, but if he's a traitor, is he still an American?

If the negative publicity reported by his fellow soldiers is fact, the only plausible reason for repatriating him should be for him to stand trial as a traitor.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Jim Beaux wrote:

That's so wrong...... :lol:

And we ended up with a Romo and they ended up with 5 of there top guys. Art of the deal I guess.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 6

Post by baldeagle »

Breaking news. While in Afghanistan in captivity, Bergdahl converted to Islam and declared that he was a Mujahadeen. When he walked off the base, it was his third time. The first time was in California. The second and third times were in Afghanistan.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Trinitite
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Trinitite »

I finally understand why Obama likes him so much.

philip964
Posts in topic: 23

Post by philip964 »

Told a friend I didn't understand why Obama did what he did. I didn't see an up side for him.

Friend replied. Obama promised to shut down Guantanamo in his campaign. Feels its part of his deal with the voters.

He started with the five worst guys to get us used to the idea and got our guy back as a bonus.

Rest of them to come later as we are now conditioned.

mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

philip964 wrote:Told a friend I didn't understand why Obama did what he did. I didn't see an up side for him.

Friend replied. Obama promised to shut down Guantanamo in his campaign. Feels its part of his deal with the voters.

He started with the five worst guys to get us used to the idea and got our guy back as a bonus.

Hopefully the backlash has given him and his stupid advisors a change of mind. Though I would not count on it.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

jmra
Posts in topic: 9

Post by jmra »

mamabearCali wrote:
philip964 wrote:Told a friend I didn't understand why Obama did what he did. I didn't see an up side for him.

Hopefully the backlash has given him and his stupid advisors a change of mind. Though I would not count on it.
I don't think he cares. Especially after Nov elections, I think he'll do what he wants while giving true Americans the one finger salute.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

jmra wrote:
mamabearCali wrote:

I don't think he cares. Especially after Nov elections, I think he'll do what he wants while giving true Americans the one finger salute.

He had better be careful. If he loses the senate there could be real consequences for him. If he angers enough Americans and they vote for a R next presidential term he could still face real life consequences. His actions have been so so far past even what Clinton's were I am not sure the usual immunity given to ex presidents will apply.

Even if all of that is not so, I believe there is a God in heaven who sees and does not approve of unjust actions that are purposefully done to harm people. He holds rulers to a even higher standard of behavior, and as I do not think for one minute that this man has or will repent of his sins, eventually he will answer for his misdeeds.

Also for this temporal life, I was reminded of late that from time to time the people of this world have permitted tyranny and despotism even in a free society. Usually, after a time, the people get tired of it and say enough. The left is proving with every growing day that they are far more puritanical and tyrannical than even your most fiery southern baptist preacher. I was thinking primarily of Merry olde England where sometimes a otherwise popular king was permitted tyranny that was ridiculous. But then inevitably things correct because the next person thinks that the good will given to the old king extended to them too, and things correct.

The exception is William the Conqueror. He was hated but was able to rule because of the terror he inflicted on the people. It took 3 kings to start to undo his excesses. He was so hated that even in 1945 with the Normandy invasion he was referenced as a conqueror.

VMI77
Posts in topic: 9

Post by VMI77 »

mamabearCali wrote:
jmra wrote:
mamabearCali wrote:

He had better be careful. If he loses the senate there could be real consequences for him. If he angers enough Americans and they vote for a R next presidential term he could still face real life consequences. His actions have been so so far past even what Clinton's were I am not sure the usual immunity given to ex presidents will apply.

Even if all of that is not so, I believe there is a God in heaven who sees and does not approve of unjust actions that are purposefully done to harm people. He holds rulers to a even higher standard of behavior, and as I do not think for one minute that this man has or will repent of his sins, eventually he will answer for his misdeeds.

Also for this temporal life, I was reminded of late that from time to time the people of this world have permitted tyranny and despotism even in a free society. Usually, after a time, the people get tired of it and say enough. The left is proving with every growing day that they are far more puritanical and tyrannical than even your most fiery southern baptist preacher. I was thinking primarily of Merry olde England where sometimes a otherwise popular king was permitted tyranny that was ridiculous. But then inevitably things correct because the next person thinks that the good will given to the old king extended to them too, and things correct.

The exception is William the Conqueror. He was hated but was able to rule because of the terror he inflicted on the people. It took 3 kings to start to undo his excesses. He was so hated that even in 1945 with the Normandy invasion he was referenced as a conqueror.
Sorry, but I think you're going to be very disappointed if you think BHO is going to face any earthly consequences for his actions. There aren't enough people in either party with enough guts to impeach our "first Black president." And it might not even be politically astute as impeachment could well make him a martyr --a notion which helps those without guts or principles, IOW, the vast majority of Congress, rationalize doing nothing. The USA is well past the point of correction within the current system. How would a correction occur? It can't occur at the polls because the takers make up 60% of the electorate. It's not going to occur ten or twenty years from now because the left controls the public school system and is turning out new leftists in droves. The colleges now are nothing but Marxist training academies. OTOH, those of us who aren't leftists aren't going to throw in the towel, so it's going to be a wild ride.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

You may be right about BHO. He may be untouchable. In that case I shall take comfort that God is never mocked whatever a man sows he also reaps.

How would a correction occur. The same way it always has. From the middle on up. The lower classes are always there with their hands out. Even Jesus said so. However it is a the middle and upper classes that make a nation go. You can feed a person rhetoric all you want for 18 years but then if they cannot feed themselves or their family or are watching the rewards of their toil and labor go to someone else life itself becomes the great educator. Additionally we have a divided government, so that is an added benefit that change can happen at a lower level.

Much of the stupidity that BHO and his minions are carrying out will effect the quality of life of the middle and upper classes. The pinch is already there and the anger has already begun. How many people have or will have their insurance cancelled and be forced to buy an inferior product at a lower price? How many people will be forced by rising energy (caused by Obamas EPA) prices to raise the thermostat in the summer and lower it in the winter? It is still possible that in some of the more free states that reform is possible.

There is still a chance. We still have the notion of government by consent as a cultural standard...that is the most important part. It is harder for tyranny to take over in total when the people believe that they are not governed by their betters but are instead governed by their own choice. As long as we keep the ideas that a rulers power is derived from the people and is not absolute, there is hope.
I

Return to “Off-Topic”