U.S. Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl freed in Afghanistan

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 7

Re: U.S. Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl freed in Afghanistan

Post by The Annoyed Man »

VMI77 wrote:
JP171 wrote:I have 22 cents for bird dog Bergdahl......he is a traitor and I think a pardon should be illegal, should one be forth coming the pardoner should be prosecuted for treason as well complete with the death penalty on the table
We already have a blatant traitor running the county (into the ground) and another criminal traitor lining up to take his place....no one is doing or is going to do anything about it because the national GOP is largely a bunch of traitors as well.
Word.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

VMI77
Posts in topic: 9

Post by VMI77 »

"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

VMI77
Posts in topic: 9

Post by VMI77 »

http://weaponsman.com/?p=27792
Bugout Bowe, the most famous turncoat since John Walker Lindh, is the center of a media blitz designed to prepare the battlespace for some sort of deal to broom the charges of desertion and misbehavior before the enemy which the treacherous weasel faces.

But the current Bugout Bowe Bergdahl charm offensive is too pervasive and too well-coordinated to be entirely accidental. It seems highly probable that something is coming that will be good for the dishonorable little weasel, and a slap in the face to the 7 or so soldiers who died searching for him, and their survivors.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

JP171
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by JP171 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
VMI77 wrote:
JP171 wrote:I have 22 cents for bird dog Bergdahl......he is a traitor and I think a pardon should be illegal, should one be forth coming the pardoner should be prosecuted for treason as well complete with the death penalty on the table
We already have a blatant traitor running the county (into the ground) and another criminal traitor lining up to take his place....no one is doing or is going to do anything about it because the national GOP is largely a bunch of traitors as well.
Word.
:iagree:

philip964
Posts in topic: 23

Post by philip964 »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/16/bo ... -case.html

Pleads guilty to desertion. May be sentenced to life.

http://nypost.com/2017/10/16/bergdahl-s ... a-traitor/

Bergdahl says he is insulted to be called a traitor.

Bo your a traitor.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 7

Post by mojo84 »

If I remember correctly, Obama treated him as a hero.

On a side note, this threat brought some usernames to my attention that I haven't seen in a while due to them being banned.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

rotor

Post by rotor »

I wonder if anyone has ever translated the speech his father gave when he stood next to Obama. I guess it was Arabic but I have never seen a translation and have always wondered about it. I believe Bergdahl is a traitor but why has this taken so long?

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 4

Post by bblhd672 »

If Obama had a son....... :bigear:

Words I would use to describe Bergdahl are not allowed on this forum.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

philip964
Posts in topic: 23

Post by philip964 »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.co ... index.html

Bowe a free man no prison time.

Did Obama know that his parents caused the desertion, when he had his rose garden event?

He lost an entire decade of his life.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

"The decision on Sergeant Bergdahl is a complete and total disgrace to our Country and to our Military," Trump wrote.
:iagree:
Nothing else I can add will be acceptable under forum rules. :mad5
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

rotor

Post by rotor »

Military justice system is pretty good. I don't agree with the decision but I didn't hear all of the evidence. Hopefully he doesn't now write a book and make a fortune.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Firing squads used to be the norm for treason...

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Flightmare »

Abraham wrote:Firing squads used to be the norm for treason...
He was not convicted of treason, he was convicted of desertion. I agree with what others have said, his punishment does not seem to fit his crime but I am not privy to the evidence that was presented before the judge.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

dlh

Post by dlh »

What do you military guys think of the Bergdahl sentence?
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

He was not convicted- he pled guilty. Desertion during war used to result in death.
Bergdahl was not sentenced to prison time for leaving his post in Afghanistan in June 2009. He pleaded guilty to desertion and misbehavior before the enemy, was fined, reduced in rank to E1 and dishonorably discharged from the Army.

Prosecutors had requested a 14-year prison term following a week of emotional testimony from the survivors who were wounded during missions to find Bergdahl after he walked off his base and unwittingly into the clutches of the Taliban

Return to “Off-Topic”