Houston south quadrant breakfast

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

User avatar

WildBill
Senior Member
Posts: 16463
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:53 pm
Location: Houston

Re: Houston south quadrant breakfast

Postby WildBill » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:53 pm

Weather permitting, I will be there. This time, literally, if the creeks don't rise.
NRA Endowment Member

User avatar

Jusme
Senior Member
Posts: 3781
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:23 pm
Location: Johnson County, Texas

Re: Houston south quadrant breakfast

Postby Jusme » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:07 pm

Ya'll might want to reach out to ktfiend. There seemed to be some confusion as to the time and date, last time.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

User avatar

puma guy
Senior Member
Posts: 4940
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:23 pm
Location: Near San Jacinto

Re: Houston south quadrant breakfast

Postby puma guy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:35 pm

Jusme wrote:Ya'll might want to reach out to ktfiend. There seemed to be some confusion as to the time and date, last time.

That was the other Houston breakfast group that meets in the SW Houston area. Someone changed the date for their last meeting. ktfiend has attended our breakfast but she's a regular member of the other group started by VolTexan.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!
Image

User avatar

puma guy
Senior Member
Posts: 4940
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:23 pm
Location: Near San Jacinto

Re: Houston south quadrant breakfast

Postby puma guy » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:14 am

Not knowing what impact Harvey has had on members of the group would it be better to postpone the breakfast until next Friday? Personally we've had minimal impact from Harvey and I have no problem meeting this Friday, but I see LDB415 has business to take care of. On the other hand it could bring some sense of normalcy to meet up. Any thoughts for postponing or staying on course?
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!
Image

User avatar

Topic author
LDB415
Senior Member
Posts: 712
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:01 am
Location: Houston south suburb

Re: Houston south quadrant breakfast

Postby LDB415 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:05 pm

The creek is majorly overflowed in that direction. I couldn't get there if I wanted to at this point. If it doesn't rain anymore that will be a big help but it may take several days to all finally run off. If it's the 8th I'll try to make it and if you guys go this Friday then enjoy the small biscuits.
NRA Life Member, CCC Life Member, GSSF Member
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.
Common sense is only right wing if you are too far to the left.
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.


twomillenium
Senior Member
Posts: 1132
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:42 pm
Location: houston area

Re: Houston south quadrant breakfast

Postby twomillenium » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:54 pm

I think moving it to the 8th would be a good idea, considering what has happened the last 5 days. I know I will probably be in Kingwood on the 1st, to help my son if we can drive to his house (3ft of water in his house, but he realizes he is still blessed when seeing what happened to others). Just let me know
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

User avatar

WildBill
Senior Member
Posts: 16463
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:53 pm
Location: Houston

Re: Houston south quadrant breakfast

Postby WildBill » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:42 pm

I, like Pumaguy, have been minimally impacted by Harvey.
I would also like to get back to normal, but I think postponing the breakfast is prudent.
Many people have more pressing issues helping friends and relatives with flooded homes.
I continue to send my prayers to you and yours and I hope to see you all soon. :tiphat:
NRA Endowment Member

User avatar

puma guy
Senior Member
Posts: 4940
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:23 pm
Location: Near San Jacinto

Re: Houston south quadrant breakfast

Postby puma guy » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:26 pm

WildBill wrote:I, like Pumaguy, have been minimally impacted by Harvey.
I would also like to get back to normal, but I think postponing the breakfast is prudent.
Many people have more pressing issues helping friends and relatives with flooded homes.
I continue to send my prayers to you and yours and I hope to see you all soon. :tiphat:

WildBill,
I agree we should postpone it. And I too send my prayers to all. Hope to see everyone soon as well.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!
Image


TexasCajun
Senior Member
Posts: 1537
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:58 pm
Location: La Marque, TX

Re: Houston south quadrant breakfast

Postby TexasCajun » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:57 am

Sounds like y'all have already made up your minds to postpone. But just in case you're still considering Friday, I drove BW8 from 288 to 45 yesterday afternoon & most of the feeders & streets heading into Pearland we're still flooded deep. There were even stalled/abandoned cars at Pearland parkway.
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

User avatar

WildBill
Senior Member
Posts: 16463
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:53 pm
Location: Houston

Re: Houston south quadrant breakfast

Postby WildBill » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:58 am

TexasCajun wrote:Sounds like y'all have already made up your minds to postpone. But just in case you're still considering Friday, I drove BW8 from 288 to 45 yesterday afternoon & most of the feeders & streets heading into Pearland we're still flooded deep. There were even stalled/abandoned cars at Pearland parkway.

:thumbs2: Thanks for the report.
NRA Endowment Member

User avatar

puma guy
Senior Member
Posts: 4940
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:23 pm
Location: Near San Jacinto

Re: Houston south quadrant breakfast

Postby puma guy » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:46 pm

twomillenium wrote:I think moving it to the 8th would be a good idea, considering what has happened the last 5 days. I know I will probably be in Kingwood on the 1st, to help my son if we can drive to his house (3ft of water in his house, but he realizes he is still blessed when seeing what happened to others). Just let me know

Sorry to hear of your son's travails. Thankful he's OK. I fear there are many on the forum who have suffered damages, but hopefully no injuries or loss of life. Prayers for those here on the forum and for everyone in Harvey's wake.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!
Image


twomillenium
Senior Member
Posts: 1132
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:42 pm
Location: houston area

Re: Houston south quadrant breakfast

Postby twomillenium » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:17 am

puma guy wrote:
twomillenium wrote:I think moving it to the 8th would be a good idea, considering what has happened the last 5 days. I know I will probably be in Kingwood on the 1st, to help my son if we can drive to his house (3ft of water in his house, but he realizes he is still blessed when seeing what happened to others). Just let me know

Sorry to hear of your son's travails. Thankful he's OK. I fear there are many on the forum who have suffered damages, but hopefully no injuries or loss of life. Prayers for those here on the forum and for everyone in Harvey's wake.

Appreciate the prayers, my son and his wife and my grandchildren are doing fine and they realize even tho it will be a while before they can live at home that they are blessed, when compared to many others throughout the whole areas effected by Harvey.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts: 22672
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: Grapevine, Texas
Contact:

Re: Houston south quadrant breakfast

Postby The Annoyed Man » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:45 am

Posting from DFW, where we've not had to deal with anything like this..... If any of you guys need anything, and I can do it, please don't hesitate to ask. Our member "Pucker" up here, along with my son and some others, are going to be convoying some things down there like water and food sometime over the next week or so. If there's anything they can bring that you need, and if you can get to where they end up, I could let them know to make the arrangements.

They would have been coming down today, but the foolish panic buying of gasoline at north Texas gas stations up here put paid to that. There's not enough gas available right now for the trucks to get down there and back. :grumble I can't believe people were so easily frightened by a stupid news reporter who shot his mouth off without having any facts handy. :roll:

You guys hang tough.
"Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself."—Hookalakah Meshobbab
"I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes."—The Annoyed Boy
"Id aegre et in omnibus semper."—Quod Homo Aegre


twomillenium
Senior Member
Posts: 1132
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:42 pm
Location: houston area

Re: Houston south quadrant breakfast

Postby twomillenium » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:54 am

The Annoyed Man wrote:Posting from DFW, where we've not had to deal with anything like this..... If any of you guys need anything, and I can do it, please don't hesitate to ask. Our member "Pucker" up here, along with my son and some others, are going to be convoying some things down there like water and food sometime over the next week or so. If there's anything they can bring that you need, and if you can get to where they end up, I could let them know to make the arrangements.

They would have been coming down today, but the foolish panic buying of gasoline at north Texas gas stations up here put paid to that. There's not enough gas available right now for the trucks to get down there and back. :grumble I can't believe people were so easily frightened by a stupid news reporter who shot his mouth off without having any facts handy. :roll:

You guys hang tough.

Yeah I know what you mean, gas has gone up 30 cents but it is available at least on the east side of the county. I do not want to divert any needed supplies from anyone who needs them. I just want to remind everyone that many more areas have been effected by Harvey and they are not getting the news coverage that the Houston area is and they do not have the recourses that Houston does.

BTW, has anyone heard for Charles it has been a while since he has posted and lives south of the Houston area. I pray everything is good with him and that he might just give us a heads up on how he is doing.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

User avatar

FL450
Senior Member
Posts: 750
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:48 am
Location: Pearland, Texas

Re: Houston south quadrant breakfast

Postby FL450 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:11 am

Charles lives in Friendswood which has been hard hit
Anyone PM him
I love the sound smell of jet fuel in the morning.
Fat thumbs + IPhone = errors, please forgive.


Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: parabelum, ScottDLS and 8 guests