Houston south quadrant breakfast

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

WildBill
Posts in topic: 102

Re: Houston south quadrant breakfast

Post by WildBill »

Weather permitting, I will be there. This time, literally, if the creeks don't rise.
NRA Endowment Member

Jusme
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jusme »

Ya'll might want to reach out to ktfiend. There seemed to be some confusion as to the time and date, last time.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

puma guy
Posts in topic: 248

Post by puma guy »

Jusme wrote:Ya'll might want to reach out to ktfiend. There seemed to be some confusion as to the time and date, last time.
That was the other Houston breakfast group that meets in the SW Houston area. Someone changed the date for their last meeting. ktfiend has attended our breakfast but she's a regular member of the other group started by VolTexan.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Not knowing what impact Harvey has had on members of the group would it be better to postpone the breakfast until next Friday? Personally we've had minimal impact from Harvey and I have no problem meeting this Friday, but I see LDB415 has business to take care of. On the other hand it could bring some sense of normalcy to meet up. Any thoughts for postponing or staying on course?

Topic author
LDB415
Posts in topic: 163

Post by LDB415 »

The creek is majorly overflowed in that direction. I couldn't get there if I wanted to at this point. If it doesn't rain anymore that will be a big help but it may take several days to all finally run off. If it's the 8th I'll try to make it and if you guys go this Friday then enjoy the small biscuits.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 84

Post by twomillenium »

I think moving it to the 8th would be a good idea, considering what has happened the last 5 days. I know I will probably be in Kingwood on the 1st, to help my son if we can drive to his house (3ft of water in his house, but he realizes he is still blessed when seeing what happened to others). Just let me know
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

I, like Pumaguy, have been minimally impacted by Harvey.
I would also like to get back to normal, but I think postponing the breakfast is prudent.
Many people have more pressing issues helping friends and relatives with flooded homes.
I continue to send my prayers to you and yours and I hope to see you all soon. :tiphat:
NRA Endowment Member

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

WildBill wrote:I, like Pumaguy, have been minimally impacted by Harvey.
I would also like to get back to normal, but I think postponing the breakfast is prudent.
Many people have more pressing issues helping friends and relatives with flooded homes.
I continue to send my prayers to you and yours and I hope to see you all soon. :tiphat:
WildBill,
I agree we should postpone it. And I too send my prayers to all. Hope to see everyone soon as well.

TexasCajun
Posts in topic: 27

Post by TexasCajun »

Sounds like y'all have already made up your minds to postpone. But just in case you're still considering Friday, I drove BW8 from 288 to 45 yesterday afternoon & most of the feeders & streets heading into Pearland we're still flooded deep. There were even stalled/abandoned cars at Pearland parkway.
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

TexasCajun wrote:Sounds like y'all have already made up your minds to postpone. But just in case you're still considering Friday, I drove BW8 from 288 to 45 yesterday afternoon & most of the feeders & streets heading into Pearland we're still flooded deep. There were even stalled/abandoned cars at Pearland parkway.
:thumbs2: Thanks for the report.
NRA Endowment Member

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

twomillenium wrote:I think moving it to the 8th would be a good idea, considering what has happened the last 5 days. I know I will probably be in Kingwood on the 1st, to help my son if we can drive to his house (3ft of water in his house, but he realizes he is still blessed when seeing what happened to others). Just let me know
Sorry to hear of your son's travails. Thankful he's OK. I fear there are many on the forum who have suffered damages, but hopefully no injuries or loss of life. Prayers for those here on the forum and for everyone in Harvey's wake.

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

puma guy wrote:
twomillenium wrote:I think moving it to the 8th would be a good idea, considering what has happened the last 5 days. I know I will probably be in Kingwood on the 1st, to help my son if we can drive to his house (3ft of water in his house, but he realizes he is still blessed when seeing what happened to others). Just let me know
Sorry to hear of your son's travails. Thankful he's OK. I fear there are many on the forum who have suffered damages, but hopefully no injuries or loss of life. Prayers for those here on the forum and for everyone in Harvey's wake.
Appreciate the prayers, my son and his wife and my grandchildren are doing fine and they realize even tho it will be a while before they can live at home that they are blessed, when compared to many others throughout the whole areas effected by Harvey.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Posting from DFW, where we've not had to deal with anything like this..... If any of you guys need anything, and I can do it, please don't hesitate to ask. Our member "Pucker" up here, along with my son and some others, are going to be convoying some things down there like water and food sometime over the next week or so. If there's anything they can bring that you need, and if you can get to where they end up, I could let them know to make the arrangements.

They would have been coming down today, but the foolish panic buying of gasoline at north Texas gas stations up here put paid to that. There's not enough gas available right now for the trucks to get down there and back. :grumble I can't believe people were so easily frightened by a stupid news reporter who shot his mouth off without having any facts handy. :roll:

You guys hang tough.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

The Annoyed Man wrote:Posting from DFW, where we've not had to deal with anything like this..... If any of you guys need anything, and I can do it, please don't hesitate to ask. Our member "Pucker" up here, along with my son and some others, are going to be convoying some things down there like water and food sometime over the next week or so. If there's anything they can bring that you need, and if you can get to where they end up, I could let them know to make the arrangements.

They would have been coming down today, but the foolish panic buying of gasoline at north Texas gas stations up here put paid to that. There's not enough gas available right now for the trucks to get down there and back. :grumble I can't believe people were so easily frightened by a stupid news reporter who shot his mouth off without having any facts handy. :roll:

You guys hang tough.
Yeah I know what you mean, gas has gone up 30 cents but it is available at least on the east side of the county. I do not want to divert any needed supplies from anyone who needs them. I just want to remind everyone that many more areas have been effected by Harvey and they are not getting the news coverage that the Houston area is and they do not have the recourses that Houston does.

BTW, has anyone heard for Charles it has been a while since he has posted and lives south of the Houston area. I pray everything is good with him and that he might just give us a heads up on how he is doing.

FL450
Posts in topic: 86

Post by FL450 »

Charles lives in Friendswood which has been hard hit
Anyone PM him
I love the sound smell of jet fuel in the morning.
Fat thumbs + IPhone = errors, please forgive.

Return to “Off-Topic”