Shooting at Twin Peaks in Waco

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

SA_Steve
Posts in topic: 8

Re: Shooting at Twin Peaks in Waco

Post by SA_Steve »

Look at those guys' pictures. Surprised that any restaurant would let those flea beards in to eat.
You may have the last word.

cb1000rider
Posts in topic: 24

Post by cb1000rider »

mojo84 wrote:Yeah, maybe the cops knew what they were doing after all. Doesn't sound like a bunch of Christians professional out for a weekend ride and a gathering to discuss motorcycle safety updates.
177 jailed originally. Of those arrested, 131 have been released from jail and many were able to get their motorcycles and vehicles back from impound after posting reduced bonds.

I've got no issue with arresting two legitimately criminal organizations that were there for trouble, but note that 74% of those that were arrested have been let out (or bail reduced). What's up with that?

Lots of "specific involvement in the shootout is not detailed in the documents" - seems the criminal activity was having a weapon. Lots of guys called out with criminal records. Some guys with none.

If you're sizing guys up by looks, you're doing it wrong. Lots of really bad guys wear suits.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 73

Post by mojo84 »

I find out interesting how many want the laws to apply differently to motorcycle gangs vs street gangs. The cops needed time to sort out a complex ordeal. Therefore, they arrested and chargedall there to give themselves time to investigate. Author filing charges, they would have all been cut loose the next morning.

By the way, many of them don't need sizing up. They proudly proclaim they are a criminal. That's what the 1%er patch says. Wish some of you would quit trying to pass of the idea they were arrested based on looks.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 10

Post by RPBrown »

Looking at the forfeiture list, there are 2 people that were not charged with a crime but yet their motorcycles were forfeited. Doesnt seem right.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

RPBrown wrote:Looking at the forfeiture list, there are 2 people that were not charged with a crime but yet their motorcycles were forfeited. Doesnt seem right.

I agree. If they aren't charged, why should they forfeit anything?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 7

Post by anygunanywhere »

mojo84 wrote:
RPBrown wrote:Looking at the forfeiture list, there are 2 people that were not charged with a crime but yet their motorcycles were forfeited. Doesnt seem right.

Someone else took a shine to their bikes.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

VMI77
Posts in topic: 45

Post by VMI77 »

mojo84 wrote:

That's not how forfeiture works these days. Property is routinely taken without charges being filed and without any evidence that a crime has been committed. The police have confiscated as little as $140 dollars in cash. This is just the tip of the iceberg....these articles talk about stealing cash and don't get into property seizures.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/invest ... and-seize/
There have been 61,998 cash seizures made on highways and elsewhere since 9/11 without search warrants or indictments through the Equitable Sharing Program, totaling more than $2.5 billion. State and local authorities kept more than $1.7 billion of that while Justice, Homeland Security and other federal agencies received $800 million. Half of the seizures were below $8,800.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/american-s ... -1.2760736

We have a system of legalized government theft in this country.
Civil rights advocates have documented all sorts of outright legal theft:

The (minority) businessman from Georgia who was relieved of $75,000 he’d raised from relatives to buy a restaurant in Louisiana.
The (minority) church leaders who were carrying nearly $30,000 from their Baltimore parishioners to carry out church activities in North Carolina and El Salvador.
The young college grad with no criminal record on his way to a job interview out West who was relieved of $2,500 lent to him by his dad for the trip.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/won ... f-a-crime/
For instance, in fiscal year 2014 Justice Department agencies made a total of $3.9 billion in civil asset seizures, versus only $679 million in criminal asset seizures. In most years since 2008, civil asset forfeitures have accounted for the lion's share of total seizures.
Joseph Rivers was hoping to hit it big. According to the Albuquerque Journal, the aspiring businessman from just outside of Detroit had pulled together $16,000 in seed money to fulfill a lifetime dream of starting a music video company. Last month, Rivers took the first step in that voyage, saying goodbye to the family and friends who had supported him at home and boarding an Amtrak train headed for Los Angeles.

He never made it. From the Albuquerque Journal:

A DEA agent boarded the train at the Albuquerque Amtrak station and began asking various passengers, including Rivers, where they were going and why. When Rivers replied that he was headed to LA to make a music video, the agent asked to search his bags. Rivers complied.

The agent found Rivers's cash, still in a bank envelope. He explained why he had it: He was starting a business in California, and he'd had trouble in the past withdrawing large sums of money from out-of-state banks.

The agents didn't believe him, according to the article. They said they thought the money was involved in some sort of drug activity. Rivers let them call his mother back home to corroborate the story. They didn't believe her, either.

The agents found nothing in Rivers's belongings that indicated that he was involved with the drug trade: no drugs, no guns. They didn't arrest him or charge him with a crime. But they took his cash anyway, every last cent, under the authority of the Justice Department's civil asset forfeiture program.
But New Mexico's law only affects state law enforcement officials. As a result, in New Mexico -- and everywhere else, for that matter -- DEA agents will be able to board your train, ask you where you're going and take all your cash if they don't like your story, all without ever charging you with a crime.
The America I was born into is dead.
Last edited by VMI77 on Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

cb1000rider

Post by cb1000rider »

mojo84 wrote: I agree. If they aren't charged, why should they forfeit anything?
Because America.
If you can afford to contest the actions of the government, you too can have justice.

He was behaving in a way that the government doesn't like. Or otherwise associating with people that are deemed not-good. Must be punished.

VMI77
Posts in topic: 45

Post by VMI77 »

cb1000rider wrote:
mojo84 wrote: I agree. If they aren't charged, why should they forfeit anything?
Because America.
If you can afford to contest the actions of the government, you too can have justice.

He was behaving in a way that the government doesn't like. Or otherwise associating with people that are deemed not-good. Must be punished.
I wouldn't go that far. From what I've read if you can merely afford to contest the actions of the government, you MIGHT get your money or property back.....or maybe half your money. However, that's not "justice" since you have to pay to get back what the government stole in the first place. A "just" government would be one that didn't steal your property in the first place. That's not what we have.

Now, if you can't just merely afford to contest the actions of the government but are actually filthy rich you might get a little closer to "justice" since knowing you have the means to defend yourself the government won't try to steal your property in the first place. And if you're wealthy and have the right connections then you can pretty much do whatever you want without consequence, even steal a few hundred million dollars. But then that really isn't justice either.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

ShootDontTalk
Posts in topic: 18

Post by ShootDontTalk »

Freedom and the Constitution just took a little step. SCOTUS just ruled the government could not steal grapes from a grape farmer without just compensation. The govt had fined the farmer for not surrendering his grapes to them.

One small step for man....
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk!
Eli Wallach on concealed carry while taking a bubble bath

SA_Steve
Posts in topic: 8

Post by SA_Steve »

They also ruled that states have their own 'freedom of speech'. What nonsense.
You may have the last word.

jmra

Post by jmra »

Did somebody get shot at twin peaks because the government stole their grapes over the states free speech? I'm confused.
:biggrinjester:
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

It was about grapes all along.

LSUTiger
Posts in topic: 2

Post by LSUTiger »

Interesting perspectives on the Waco shooting.....

Video Gag Order
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Police Fail, Blames Business

Warning: Language alert for those with sensitive ears!
Chance favors the prepared. Making good people helpless doesn't make bad people harmless.
There is no safety in denial. When seconds count the Police are only minutes away.
Sometimes I really wish a lawyer would chime in and clear things up. Do we have any lawyers on this forum?

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

LSUTiger wrote:Interesting perspectives on the Waco shooting.....

Video Gag Order

Police Fail, Blames Business

Warning: Language alert for those with sensitive ears!
A lot of conjecture and assumption in his rants.

Return to “Off-Topic”