Shooting at Twin Peaks in Waco

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

dlh
Posts in topic: 9

Re: Shooting at Twin Peaks in Waco

Post by dlh »

"Affirmative links" or other evidence make or break a case. Wonder why these cases were indicted to begin with if those were missing?...
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

philip964
Posts in topic: 23

Post by philip964 »

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Waco- ... 13251.html

All cases dismissed.

Did anyone go to trial?

tomneal
Posts in topic: 2

Post by tomneal »

Not a single successful prosecution?

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/20 ... ore-162054
See you at the range
NRA Life, TSRA Life, USPSA Life, Mensa (not worth $50 per year so it's expired)
Tom (Retired May 2019) Neal

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 12

Post by The Annoyed Man »

tomneal wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:05 pm Not a single successful prosecution?

I guess the two that got dropped by police snipers were "successfully prosecuted"?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

philip964

Post by philip964 »

So no one murdered the nine people?

DocV
Posts in topic: 6

Post by DocV »

Correct. Didn't happen.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 10

Post by carlson1 »

Nine people dead along with video of some, but it is just too expensive to prosecute anyone.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 73

Post by mojo84 »

I suspect it's hard to discern friendly fire from bad guy fire. There has to be some bad actors involved. No chance everyone is innocent.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

talltex
Posts in topic: 17

Post by talltex »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:26 pm
tomneal wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:05 pm Not a single successful prosecution?

I guess the two that got dropped by police snipers were "successfully prosecuted"?
I believe there was testimony and evidence, in the only trial, that indicated the officers that had set up around the area with rifles were responsible for more than two people being shot. The biggest issue with the former DA (Reyna), was the blanket indictment issued for everyone at the scene under the "ongoing criminal activity" (RICO) statute. The majority of the people arrested out of the 187 were not members of either the Bandidos or Cossacks. They were charged, arrested and jailed and given a $1 million dollar bond. Many of them remained in jail for months because they couldn't come up with a $100,000 for a bondsman. They wound up losing their jobs and homes. The police confiscated all the motorcycles under the same statutes and none of the property was returned to them after they were released. The DA was already being investigated by the FBI for influence peddling and taking bribes to dismiss charges before this happened. Reyna had boasted to his staff and friends that he was going to "ride this case into the Govenor's office". The prosecution went way overboard with the blanket indictment.
"I looked out under the sun and saw that the race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong" Ecclesiastes 9:11

"The race may not always go to the swift or the battle to the strong, but that's the way the smart money bets" Damon Runyon

talltex
Posts in topic: 17

Post by talltex »

mojo84 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:09 pm I suspect it's hard to discern friendly fire from bad guy fire. There has to be some bad actors involved. No chance everyone is innocent.
Absolutely ! There is also no chance that everyone there was guilty of a crime either. That's where the whole situation got tainted. The DA arrived on the scene and instructed the police to arrest everyone there that had shown up for the meeting regardless of their affiliation or lack thereof with any of the actual gang members.
"I looked out under the sun and saw that the race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong" Ecclesiastes 9:11

"The race may not always go to the swift or the battle to the strong, but that's the way the smart money bets" Damon Runyon

Liberty
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Liberty »

mojo84 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:09 pm I suspect it's hard to discern friendly fire from bad guy fire. There has to be some bad actors involved. No chance everyone is innocent.
There is also no chance that everyone that was arrested and held for months on $million bail were guilty. Or that all the LEO were acting responsibly. Incidents like this the Goines Drug murder conspiracies, leave us the law abiding wondering "Who should we fear more, the criminals or those who are paid to protect us from crime." I personally don't fear the criminal gangs that much, but the news these days make me very fearful of the government that is supposed to protect us. Goines in Houston The Waco Masacres, and dozens of folks indited in the collusion investigation.

Recently I found out that I have participated in criminal activity because I repackaged my prescription BP and cholesterol pills into daily doses. Sometimes I feel that the government is just looking for ways to get us into trouble. Simple things like misunderstanding complex income tax laws can turn us into criminals. It's hard to stay out of trouble with the government and much easier to avoid getting into trouble with the criminal gangs.

Who is our real enemy? Am I just being paranoid?
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

philip964

Post by philip964 »

This gets me back to all of these crimes and how we never find out who shot who.

Nine people dead many wounded. Each bullet is removed or recovered. Each gun is recovered. Each gun is finger printed. Each suspect is fingerprinted. Gun is matched to bullets found. Suspect matched to gun.

Am I missing something. Or was everyone firing in self defense, and they can't prove otherwise?

The nine dead were the ones who fired first and were the criminals?

I guess that is what they are saying.

tomneal

Post by tomneal »

Repackaging prescription pills into daily doses?

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp ... RyD6kkdMjM

https://edfolsomlaw.com/2013/01/illegal ... ion-drugs/

Wow! Maybe your not paranoid. They are out to get you. Well, maybe not all of them, but some.
See you at the range
NRA Life, TSRA Life, USPSA Life, Mensa (not worth $50 per year so it's expired)
Tom (Retired May 2019) Neal

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

Reports said four of the nine had police bullets in them.

Actually this is a case of DA incompetence. Cookie cutter warrants and bails, and a prosecution strategy that was unobtainable. And then the DA (Reyna) was voted out for this and other cronyism and competency issues. The new DA determined the files were not sufficient to have a reasonable chance at trial. Even the one case that did go to trial was dismissed for hung jury.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

Return to “Off-Topic”