Shooting at Twin Peaks in Waco

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 7

Re: Shooting at Twin Peaks in Waco

Post by Beiruty »

OK. Cossacks claim that they are not 1%ers and got ambushed for the rocker patch. If that is the only reason, then that makes the problem even worse for the Bandidos.
I am not a Judge nor a lawyer. I love small bikes and but I do not ride anymore.
Here is one long article about the event at waco: http://www.dallasobserver.com/news/who- ... ad-7947080
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Liberty
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Liberty »

maverick2076 wrote:
Which makes nothing about what you said true. I am a member of a Veterans MA. My wife is a member of an MC. I know and associate with members of a lot of MC's, RC's and MA's, including 1% Clubs. There is zero fact in anything you posed above. If you have an actual source for your information, feel free to post it.

BTW, is spelled Cossacks, not Kazaks.
I insist it is still all about wearing the name "Texas" on a rocker or patch. Bandidos' lay claim to Texas and won't take any other's claim to it lying down.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

BBYC
Posts in topic: 2

Post by BBYC »

As long as no innocent bystanders were hurt, it sounds like a win for society.
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

dlh
Posts in topic: 9

Post by dlh »

What is a 1% Biker Club? My knowledge of biker gangs comes from watching those Peter Fonda movies :)

I did learn something about "bottom-rockers" here while back. Had no idea what those were either.
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

dlh wrote:What is a 1% Biker Club? My knowledge of biker gangs comes from watching those Peter Fonda movies :)

I did learn something about "bottom-rockers" here while back. Had no idea what those were either.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outlaw_mo ... leadership
Beiruty,

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

dlh wrote:What is a 1% Biker Club? My knowledge of biker gangs comes from watching those Peter Fonda movies :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outlaw_mo ... leadership
Beiruty,

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

I learned also that Bandidos got irritated by Cossacks wanting to ally with Hells.A. an fight on Texas turf
Beiruty,

OldCurlyWolf
Posts in topic: 2

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

maverick2076 wrote:
Beiruty wrote:
maverick2076 wrote:
Beiruty wrote:
Liberty wrote:All this stems from a group of biker badguys insisting that they have the right to tell others whether they can where the name "Texas" on their clothing.
No it about paying, $10,000 per month per Chapter (Bikers safe house), where Kazaks refused to pay.

LOL. You need to stop watching bad TV. There is not a shred of fact in your statement about the MC community.
Both Bandidos and Kazaks are 1% bikers.
Which makes nothing about what you said true. I am a member of a Veterans MA. My wife is a member of an MC. I know and associate with members of a lot of MC's, RC's and MA's, including 1% Clubs. There is zero fact in anything you posed above. If you have an actual source for your information, feel free to post it.

BTW, I used to arrest Bandidos. They are NOT nice people.
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

dlh
Posts in topic: 9

Post by dlh »

Curly,

You ever run across guys with iron crosses tattooed to their adam's apple?
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

maverick2076
Posts in topic: 6

Post by maverick2076 »

OldCurlyWolf wrote:
maverick2076 wrote:
Beiruty wrote:
maverick2076 wrote:
Beiruty wrote:
Liberty wrote:All this stems from a group of biker badguys insisting that they have the right to tell others whether they can where the name "Texas" on their clothing.
No it about paying, $10,000 per month per Chapter (Bikers safe house), where Kazaks refused to pay.

LOL. You need to stop watching bad TV. There is not a shred of fact in your statement about the MC community.
Both Bandidos and Kazaks are 1% bikers.

BTW, I used to arrest Bandidos. They are NOT nice people.
I'm not personally close with anyone in their Club. However, I have never had anything but positive interactions with them over the last 6 years of riding.

maverick2076

Post by maverick2076 »

Beiruty wrote:I learned also that Bandidos got irritated by Cossacks wanting to ally with Hells.A. an fight on Texas turf
This is probably a lot closer to the truth than the $10k per month per Chapter nonsense. This and the Texas rocker. The Bandidos take the Texas rocker very seriously, as does any other Club that claims a state. There have been rumblings of HA wanting to move into TX for a long time, and about links between them and the Cossacks.

MCs, RCs, MAs and MMs that are part of the Confederation of Clubs pay $10 per member per year as dues to the COC. How that morphed into $10K per month per chapter I will not understand. And that money goes to the COC, not directly to the Bandidos.

TVGuy
Posts in topic: 18

Post by TVGuy »

maverick2076 wrote:
Beiruty wrote:I learned also that Bandidos got irritated by Cossacks wanting to ally with Hells.A. an fight on Texas turf
This is probably a lot closer to the truth than the $10k per month per Chapter nonsense. This and the Texas rocker. The Bandidos take the Texas rocker very seriously, as does any other Club that claims a state. There have been rumblings of HA wanting to move into TX for a long time, and about links between them and the Cossacks.

MCs, RCs, MAs and MMs that are part of the Confederation of Clubs pay $10 per member per year as dues to the COC. How that morphed into $10K per month per chapter I will not understand. And that money goes to the COC, not directly to the Bandidos.
Absurd. Grown men playing stupid kid games with real weapons and people are trying to justify it. Vest should say "My dad never taught me better".

carlson1
Posts in topic: 10

Post by carlson1 »

In my other life I have the wonderful experience of dealing with the Bandido's twice. It was not very pleasant. I have had a lot of contact in the 80's with the Cossacks in Smith and Wood County. I have never had a good experience with them whatsoever. I am sure there are some good folks who are members of the Bandido's and Cossacks just like there are good folks who join the Crips and the Bloods. :roll:

TVGuy
Posts in topic: 18

Post by TVGuy »

carlson1 wrote:In my other life I have the wonderful experience of dealing with the Bandido's twice. It was not very pleasant. I have had a lot of contact in the 80's with the Cossacks in Smith and Wood County. I have never had a good experience with them whatsoever. I am sure there are some good folks who are members of the Bandido's and Cossacks just like there are good folks who join the Crips and the Bloods. :roll:
Carl, you made me spit out my drink with that last line!

That's what I keep thinking when I'm reading people talking about these not being bad guys. Yeah, maybe they haven't slit *your* throat (yet), but I bet you won't tell them off either.

maverick2076

Post by maverick2076 »

TVGuy wrote:
maverick2076 wrote:

Absurd. Grown men playing stupid kid games with real weapons and people are trying to justify it. Vest should say "My dad never taught me better".
You apparently have zero clue what you are talking about. You should probably try to educate yourself a little bit before you run off at the mouth again.

The COC is, first and foremost, a motorcyclist rights advocacy group. COC dues go to help fund safety awareness campaigns like the Share the Road campaign here in Texas, as well as political advocacy against things like Motorcycle only checkpoints and other motorcycle rights issues.

Patch holder heirarchy, wear of a state rocker, and the status of one particular MC is a more complex issue than I have the time to write about and, I suspect, longer than you would take the time to read or actually consider. Suffice it to say that a dominant MC serves a legitimate purpose in the Motorcycle community that has nothing to do with crime or money.

Don’t get me wrong, I am fully aware that members of some MCs may not be the most upstanding and law abiding members of society. However, the Sons of Anarchy fueled fantasy of all bikers, or even all 1% bikers, as rabid criminals is completely ludicrous.
Last edited by maverick2076 on Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Off-Topic”