Shooting at Twin Peaks in Waco

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

treadlightly
Posts in topic: 25

Re: Shooting at Twin Peaks in Waco

Post by treadlightly »

Well, the truth has finally reared its head - http://www.eutimes.net/2015/05/obama-ma ... tin-fears/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Putin is known to occasionally ride with the Night Wolves MC - on a trike.

I like trikes, they serve a useful role. Lots of fun. Great for touring. I have friends with trikes - but in a motorcycle gang? Is Putin really a limp-wristed wuss?

To the tune of Born to be Wild, all together, now,

Get yer trainin' wheels runnin',
Head out on the sidewalk,
Lookin' for my dentures,
And a squeeze tube of Ben Gay!

SA_Steve
Posts in topic: 8

Post by SA_Steve »

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/07/10/us/te ... rand-jury/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Grand Jury in good hands, knowledgeable leader...
You may have the last word.

philip964
Posts in topic: 23

Post by philip964 »

http://news.yahoo.com/waco-suppressing- ... 34315.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Waco suppressing evidence that could clear innocent bikers is the summary of the article.

This is from a news site however it is written like an editorial. It is primarily concerned with the lack of progress in releasing information to the public, such as how many of the people killed, were killed with police bullets. He makes the point that if it was zero, he suspects we would know that. It seems to remind me that we never heard in Columbine of any of the bullet forensics being released.

He points to gag orders, etc.

He also points to the Grand Jury being led by a former Waco police officer. He points to the liability of the City of Waco, if many of the bikers were arrested without probable cause. It also sounds like many have lost jobs, after being arrested.

I understand evidence not being released in order to protect the jury pool and insure a fair trial for a defendent. But keeping so much information hidden, when some of it may point to innocence of individuals, smells. It smells here and it smells in Baltimore.

paperchunker
Posts in topic: 1

Post by paperchunker »

philip964 wrote:http://news.yahoo.com/waco-suppressing- ... 34315.html

Waco suppressing evidence that could clear innocent bikers is the summary of the article.

This is from a news site however it is written like an editorial. It is primarily concerned with the lack of progress in releasing information to the public, such as how many of the people killed, were killed with police bullets. He makes the point that if it was zero, he suspects we would know that. It seems to remind me that we never heard in Columbine of any of the bullet forensics being released.

He also points to the Grand Jury being led by a former Waco police officer. He points to the liability of the City of Waco, if many of the bikers were arrested without probable cause. It also sounds like many have lost jobs, after being arrested.

I understand evidence not being released in order to protect the jury pool and insure a fair trial for a defendent. But keeping so much information hidden, when some of it may point to innocence of individuals, smells. It smells here and it smells in Baltimore.
Slight correction, the Grand Jury Foreman is a CURRENT Waco Police detective. :banghead:
NRA/LTC Instructor
NRA Patriot Life- Endowment Member

VMI77
Posts in topic: 45

Post by VMI77 »

:shock: What's that smell?
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

cb1000rider
Posts in topic: 24

Post by cb1000rider »

philip964 wrote: This is from a news site however it is written like an editorial. It is primarily concerned with the lack of progress in releasing information to the public, such as how many of the people killed, were killed with police bullets. He makes the point that if it was zero, he suspects we would know that. It seems to remind me that we never heard in Columbine of any of the bullet forensics being released.

If it is a gag order, it's the same judicial system that allowed a total round up of people and no bail ($1M bond) based on very limited, if any, evidence against individuals.
When you lock people up for extended periods of time, it tends to limit how they're able to make a living, which tends to limit the type of defense they can afford, which tends to make prosecution a bit easier...

It's all going to come out... Eventually...

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

cb1000rider wrote:
philip964 wrote: This is from a news site however it is written like an editorial. It is primarily concerned with the lack of progress in releasing information to the public, such as how many of the people killed, were killed with police bullets. He makes the point that if it was zero, he suspects we would know that. It seems to remind me that we never heard in Columbine of any of the bullet forensics being released.

If it is a gag order, it's the same judicial system that allowed a total round up of people and no bail ($1M bond) based on very limited, if any, evidence against individuals.
When you lock people up for extended periods of time, it tends to limit how they're able to make a living, which tends to limit the type of defense they can afford, which tends to make prosecution a bit easier...

It's all going to come out... Eventually...
Which is why all the games are stupid. I guess the idea is just to delay the inevitable.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

SA_Steve

Post by SA_Steve »

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

SA_Steve wrote:http://gritsforbreakfast.blogspot.com/2 ... ny-in.html

why-wont-authorities-say?
You know why. If it made them look good they'd be trumpeting it to the heavens. When they withhold information it's almost always because it makes them look bad.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 73

Post by mojo84 »

Here's the video of the Twin Peaks shootout.

http://kxan.com/2015/10/29/new-video-sh ... -shootout/
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://www.wacotrib.com/news/twin-peaks ... 4e9eb.html

Grand jury is going to start hearing case. 180 day time limit is getting close.
Last edited by philip964 on Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015 ... adly-clash

106 indicted by Grand Jury. All indicted for organized criminal activity not for shooting someone or murder.

SA_Steve

Post by SA_Steve »

Probably take years to resolve all the lawsuits. I predict it's going to be expensive for both sides.

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPbVrmfnKNY

Here is a youtube link to some dashcam footage from outside the Twin Peaks in Waco. From this vantage, it looks like most were not participating. I guess we will see if other video is released.

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas ... 516218.php
Tuesday marks the one-year anniversary of the melee that erupted among rival motorcycle clubs in a Waco sports bar, leaving nine bikers dead and about two dozen injured.
The criminal cases filed in McLennan County appear to have stalled, however, at least for now. No trial dates have been set. Authorities won't say which club members may have shot, stabbed or assaulted another, or which may have been shot by police. And even details about potential trials is unclear.
The handling of the case has left family members wondering when they will get answers to what happened at the Twin Peaks restaurant in Waco that rainy Sunday.
One year later and still lots of open questions about this one.

Return to “Off-Topic”