Nerdy 14 year old brings homemade clock to school and is arrested

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 30

Re: Nerdy 14 year old brings homemade clock to school and is arrested

Post by philip964 »

Build Ahmed's clock in 18 seconds.
Video shows how, you too can get invited to the White House

http://m.woai.com/onair/the-joe-pags-sh ... -13975410/

mojo84
Posts in topic: 11

Post by mojo84 »

Topbuilder wrote:
Taypo wrote:Oh, I'm under no illusions that he's anything but the child of an instigator. At 14, he's already learned how to play the race card and get what he wants.

My anger is directed at the media and the people who continue to insist he was just trying to build a clock.
I read this thread after some details came out. I had the benefit of knowing more than the posters knew when they made early comments. I have to say, I'm a little disappointed at how many people nowadays make a full rush to judgment before any facts are out.
The following are words that I never thought I would utter - I agree with Bill Maher on this subject. :confused5

Here are words I thought I would never say. What does Bill Maher say about this?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topbuilder
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Topbuilder »

I'm not going to post the link. "Real Time with Bill Maher – Ahmed's Clock Block (HBO) " will get you there.
Riddled with colorful language...
"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God, and the Bible." George Washington

ShootDontTalk

Post by ShootDontTalk »

Oh....Laudy, Laudy Mae, it's the Big One! :woohoo

I would never believe it. Rational thought from Bill Maher. Reason flies. Madness reigns! "It looked like a......BOMB STUPID."

Even more tragic. Some forum members here seem to be a little left of ol' Bill.
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk!
Eli Wallach on concealed carry while taking a bubble bath

VMI77
Posts in topic: 22

Post by VMI77 »

ShootDontTalk wrote:Oh....Laudy, Laudy Mae, it's the Big One! :woohoo

I would never believe it. Rational thought from Bill Maher. Reason flies. Madness reigns! "It looked like a......BOMB STUPID."

Even more tragic. Some forum members here seem to be a little left of ol' Bill.
Don't give him too much credit. It's less a matter of rational thought than the fact that Bill Maher hates all religion and especially hates religious people. The difference between him and the rest of the left is that he doesn't limit his hatred to Christians.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

C-dub
Posts in topic: 5

Post by C-dub »

Guys guys, do not let this kids smile and innocent look fool you. I lean less in the direction of testing the response of the school and everyone else and more in the direction of desensitization or getting people afraid to respond for fear of being labeled racist or islamophobic. I think this kid knew full well what he was doing. Why else would he have been so vague in speaking with the police when they came to the school and uncooperative? Oh, he knew.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://www.dailysabah.com/americas/2015 ... over-clock

Ahmed meets Turkey PM, father tells press he was arrested because he was Muslim.

Interesting that the incident occurred right before the UN General Assembly meeting when so many world leaders are in New York.

Other reports say he has been traumatized by the incident.

Dragonfighter

Post by Dragonfighter »

ScottDLS wrote:... they don't borrow the specs from Wiley Coyote and then point the device out to any and all that will look. :???:
Thanks for that, I'm still giggling even after reading all that followed.
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyl ... story.html

One of those "win win" stories. The clock boy and his whole family are leaving Texas and moving to Qatar.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

philip964 wrote:https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyl ... story.html

One of those "win win" stories. The clock boy and his whole family are leaving Texas and moving to Qatar.
And so many here still think it was a dry run of some sort, a show off or media blitz stunt. In Qatar he would be taken care of himself and his family too. Come back in 20 yrs and the boy will have a PhD in Engineering form USA or UK.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Beiruty wrote:
philip964 wrote:https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyl ... story.html

And so many here still think it was a dry run of some sort, a show off or media blitz stunt. In Qatar he would be taken care of himself and his family too. Come back in 20 yrs and the boy will have a PhD in Engineering form USA or UK.
I took apart a lot clocks and other things as a kid and I did not end up with a PhD in engineering. I do not know definitively it wasn't for nefarious reasons nor do I know definitively it was. I don't believe anyone else on here does either. ;-)

Why in the world would anyone want to question why someone from the middle east would want to come to the United States and take flying lessons to learn how to control an air plane once in the air and not be interested in how to take off or land a plane. Should that not have been a red flag?

Them moving to Qatar does not prove his innocents. http://www.washingtoninstitute.org/poli ... .-approach
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

jb2012
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jb2012 »

Well, hope the door doesn't hit him on the way out! Feel free to never come back!

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Some interesting company the family keeps.

http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2015/Oct ... -to-Qatar/
Perhaps the most unusual visit Ahmed has made has been to Sudan, to meet with radical Islamic dictator Omar al-Bashir.

Al-Bashir is wanted by the International Criminal Court on charges of genocide and war crimes for atrocities linked to the Darfur fighting.

Ahmed's father is a Sudanese immigrant to the United States and a former presidential candidate in Sudan who ran opposing al-Bashir.

jason812
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jason812 »

Anybody want to bet with his family's ties that this is not the last you will hear about clock boy?
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://news.yahoo.com/texas-teens-clock ... 43479.html

He's got is clock back. The police have released the clock. Now he can move to Qatar.

Its also stopped raining for the moment in Houston. Can you tell its a slow news day?

Return to “Off-Topic”