College Students Call Police, Seek Counseling After Seeing Mouse

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
VMI77
Posts in topic: 1

College Students Call Police, Seek Counseling After Seeing Mouse

Post by VMI77 »

http://www.thesocialmemo.org/2015/09/co ... -seek.html

The new America.
One incident that Dr. Gray describes is when two students saw a mouse in their off-campus apartment.

According to Dr. Gray, the students saw the mouse, panicked, and called the police. The police responded to the call, then set up a mouse trap for the startled students.

The students then sought counselling for what they had been through.
Also: https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/fr ... m-colleges
Faculty at the meetings noted that students’ emotional fragility has become a serious problem when it comes to grading. Some said they had grown afraid to give low grades for poor performance, because of the subsequent emotional crises they would have to deal with in their offices.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

doncb

Re: College Students Call Police, Seek Counseling After Seeing Mouse

Post by doncb »

Sheesh. They must go apoplectic at the sight of a cockroach. What a bunch of cry babies. Wait until there is OC next year. They'll positively mess themselves.

This all started when in elementary school, where everybody got an award so that no one would feel left out or have their feelings hurt. These people were never taught that life can be rough sometimes and it is up to you.
If you're standing still, you're loosing.

Javier730

Post by Javier730 »

doncb wrote:Sheesh. They must go apoplectic at the sight of a cockroach. What a bunch of cry babies. Wait until there is OC next year. They'll positively mess themselves.

This all started when in elementary school, where everybody got an award so that no one would feel left out or have their feelings hurt. These people were never taught that life can be rough sometimes and it is up to you.
:iagree:
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

Cowboyhockey14

Post by Cowboyhockey14 »

WOW! What is wrong with these people????

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

Must be some University of Texas students! I wonder if they had a phallic object hanging from their back pack as well? hahaha

The Wall

Post by The Wall »

I think they should get some government relief for PTSD.

LSUTiger

Post by LSUTiger »

They sought counseling? Now they must be put on the government crazy list when they call for NICS checks. Denied. :shock:
Chance favors the prepared. Making good people helpless doesn't make bad people harmless.
There is no safety in denial. When seconds count the Police are only minutes away.
Sometimes I really wish a lawyer would chime in and clear things up. Do we have any lawyers on this forum?

eureka40

Post by eureka40 »

A "younger" worker called our onsite emergency operations center after seeing a wolf spider on a door. Very Sad.
TSRA Life Memeber

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

Coming to a workplace and voting booth near you.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

eureka40 wrote:A "younger" worker called our onsite emergency operations center after seeing a wolf spider on a door. Very Sad.
If it had been a wolf sized spider I could understand the call. Course you'd know what with the fire alarms going off because if I run into a spider that big I'm burning the building down.
NRA Benefactor Member

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

Helicopter parenting, Progressive Liberalism, and sound-byte culture are helping create pathetic excuses for adults. Voters, even...
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

John Galt

Post by John Galt »

What has happened to this country? I know, but I am just amazed.

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

Give them all a "Participation" trophy and a degree printed on a piece of toilet paper and call it education.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

JALLEN
Posts in topic: 2

Post by JALLEN »

They are also "educating" a great many people who have no business in college, which has largely become certificate hunting.

While everyone should have an opportunity to go to college, only those who exhibit adequate intellect and discipline should be afforded the seats in classes.

IIRC, when I was entering college, UT had to accept you if you had graduated from an accredited Texas high school. They didn't have to keep you, though. Everyone had to "run the gauntlet" of 3 of 5 core courses, and if you came to play, you might have a hard time making grades, and flunk out. There must be some effective way of determining who wants to be there, and not wasting resources on those who don't or aren't up to it.

There wasn't enough dorm space so many of us lived in "approved housing." This meant the landlord had covenanted with the Dean to suppress roaches and forbid the storing of beer. We had to fight the mice for the food.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

maintenanceguy

Post by maintenanceguy »

There are no hardships in life to toughen these kids up. We started out as hunter-gatherers who toughed out winters in caves, had to catch our own food, and protected ourselves from predators with rocks and sticks. My grandparents farmed to support themselves by working 16 hour days plowing with horses, raising or hunting for their own food, washing clothes they made themselves on a washboard, going outside in the middle of the night to pee, and dealing with medical emergencies on their own because the nearest doctor was too far away.

Today, we pop a hot pocket in the microwave, go to the doctor every time we stub our toe, complain if the clothes come out of the dryer damp, turn up the thermostat if we're chilly, and drive our climate controlled vehicles to our climate controlled offices to sit in front of a computer screen all day.

Don't think we've become soft - ask your grandparents what they think.

Return to “Off-Topic”