Houston Grand Jury indicts pair behind Planned Parenthood videos

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mojo84
Posts in topic: 17

Re: Houston Grand Jury indicts pair behind Planned Parenthood videos

Post by mojo84 »

The conflict of interest within the Houston DA's office is starting to come to the surface.

https://www.thomasmoresociety.org/plann ... ouston-da/
Planned Parenthood Attorney Admits Receiving Confidential Materials from Houston DA
Daleiden’s Motions Alleging Prosecutorial Misconduct and Collusion Prove True

The Thomas More Society announced today that recent court filings in the Houston-area civil and criminal cases against undercover journalist David Daleiden reveal that the Harris County District Attorney’s office illegally shared evidence with Planned Parenthood. Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast attorney Josh Schaffer admitted in a sworn declaration that the DA’s office shared materials and information with Planned Parenthood, even after the Texas Attorney General’s office had forbidden them from doing so. The declaration was included as part of the DA office’s response to David Daleiden’s motion to quash the indictment against him, alleging prosecutorial misconduct.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Harris County DA and PP attorney need to be brought up on State Bar complaints.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

This country is a target rich environment for those that have no shame.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

TangoX-ray

Post by TangoX-ray »

Redneck_Buddha wrote:Harris County DA and PP attorney need to be brought up on State Bar complaints.
:iagree: Yes, consequences for those who believe they are above consequence.
Native Texan :txflag: Philippians 2:3-4

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training." - Archiloches (650 BC)

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

This is further evidence of the sad state our country finds itself. A country can't survive when good guys are being made out to be the bad guys and vise versa and what is right is wrong and what's normal is abnormal and what is scrupulous is unnscrupulous etc.

I'm starting to feel like we're under siege and most around me are oblivious or complicit. Not a good feeling,
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

The corrupt people in Houston's DA office need to be terminated. They used their office and authority to intimidate and advocate. Planned Murderhood should be the ones indicted.

The last of the charges have been quietly dismissed.

http://m.statesman.com/ap/ap/general/la ... ehi/nr5KY/

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

mojo84 wrote:The corrupt people in Houston's DA office need to be terminated. They used their office and authority to intimidate and advocate. Planned Murderhood should be the ones indicted.

The last of the charges have been quietly dismissed.

http://m.statesman.com/ap/ap/general/la ... ehi/nr5KY/
This from the state where a governor gets indicted for vetoing a budget... :shock:

But then the AG is under indictment for some bad financial stuff...nobody quite knows what, but it's bad. Maybe as bad as Martha Stewart...maybe he lied about something that he didn't do, that wasn't a crime... Well that was Federal and everyone knows Texas prosecutors are held to a higher standard...especially when it comes to BAC. :biggrinjester:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I understand the anger over this issue and, if what is published is true, then I will be among those who are angry. That said, if you want a liberal, anti-gun Democrat as Harris County DA, then vote for Ogg.

Chas.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:I understand the anger over this issue and, if what is published is true, then I will be among those who are angry. That said, if you want a liberal, anti-gun Democrat as Harris County DA, then vote for Ogg.

Chas.
Since I do not live in Harris County. I will not be voting for either. My comment was not a political statement. Right is right and wrong is wrong regardless which party one belongs to.

I also didn't say anyone specific including the DA. My comment and anger is towards whomever pursued their agenda by indicting the whistleblowers and not the criminals that kill babies and sell body parts. The videos are Very clear what was going on.

Again, my comment was not meant to be political as I know very little about the details of Harris County politics.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 8

Post by philip964 »

mojo84 wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:I understand the anger over this issue and, if what is published is true, then I will be among those who are angry. That said, if you want a liberal, anti-gun Democrat as Harris County DA, then vote for Ogg.

Chas.
Since I do not live in Harris County. I will not be voting for either. My comment was not a political statement. Right is right and wrong is wrong regardless which party one belongs to.

I also didn't say anyone specific including the DA. My comment and anger is towards whomever pursued their agenda by indicting the whistleblowers and not the criminals that kill babies and sell body parts. The videos are Very clear what was going on.

Again, my comment was not meant to be political as I know very little about the details of Harris County politics.
This comes on top of a rape victim being jailed to insure she would testify. Then as I understand, due to a mistyping of her information, rather than being given a private cell, she is put in with the general population as a rapist.

Maybe a liberal would be better. It would certainly send a message.

Scott Farkus
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Scott Farkus »

mojo84 wrote:

Chas.

Several years ago, I made a vow to myself that I would never vote Democrat again under any circumstances. I don't live in Harris County either but if I did, I would very strongly consider breaking that vow in this case. This Republican DA's actions are an abomination arguably on par with all but the worst of the anti-gunners, and Texas at least for now has sufficiently strong gun laws that an anti-gun DA can't do much if any damage. This is that rare case where losing the battle may actually help win the war.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Ogg would be a female version of former Travis County DA Ronnie Earle. Under no circumstances do gun owners, conservatives or law-and-order folks what to have her as DA or live in her county.

Chas.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Ogg would be a female version of former Travis County DA Ronnie Earle. Under no circumstances do gun owners, conservatives or law-and-order folks what to have her as DA or live in her county.

Chas.
What in the world is happening in Houston and Harris County? Seems like one doesn't want to be an unborn child there.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

mojo84 wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:Ogg would be a female version of former Travis County DA Ronnie Earle. Under no circumstances do gun owners, conservatives or law-and-order folks what to have her as DA or live in her county.

Chas.
What in the world is happening in Houston and Harris County? Seems like one doesn't want to be an unborn child there.
Houston is heavily Democrat, but not Harris County. Ogg wouldn't have a chance in the DA's race, but for this controversy over Planned Parenthood.

Chas.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
mojo84 wrote:

Chas.
Houston is heavily Democrat, but not Harris County. Ogg wouldn't have a chance in the DA's race, but for this controversy over Planned Parenthood.

Chas.
I wish the Planned Murderhood case would have been handled better then.

Return to “Off-Topic”