Shoulder Replacement Surgery

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

TangoX-ray
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Shoulder Replacement Surgery

Post by TangoX-ray »

I would look into Dr. Marston S. Holt at All-American Orthopedic in Clear Lake. He was my doctor when I broke my collarbone last summer.
Native Texan :txflag: Philippians 2:3-4

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training." - Archiloches (650 BC)

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Abraham wrote:Bitter Clinger,

Thank you for the kind offer, but I live close to Galveston.

Daily, I do take one anti-inflammatory pill (15 mg meloxican for my arthritic hands), but it doesn't seem to help much. Icing seems to work better.

Past athletic pursuits, hard physical labor and injuries do take a toll once you get 'long in the tooth', but I wouldn't trade it to have been a couch veggie.
Shoulder capsule inflammation can prove exceedingly stubborn. Have you been to an Ortho for a cortisone injection?
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

LTUME1978

Post by LTUME1978 »

I can also recommend Dr. Holt. My left shoulder has been hurting so badly that it has interrupted sleep for a long time. I sleep on my left side and the pain usually woke me up around mid night. Did not sleep much after that every night. I kept putting off going to a doctor because of the horror stories friends have had about surgery and recovery. I finally got to the point that I could not take the pain any longer and talked to my GP. She recommended Holt.

I went to see him about the left shoulder and both elbows (they would hurt after a practice session with the 45 ACP going through 300 rounds). He took an X ray, looked me over, gave me a shot in the shoulder and sent me to physical therapy at a place in the same office building. After two and a half weeks of physical therapy, I am sleeping better than I have in years. The pain is almost gone in my shoulder and my elbows are much better as well. Still have 3 more sessions of physical therapy to go. The therapist told me today that he has seen a lot of progress. He said on the first visit my elbow joints were as stiff as concrete but that they are much looser now and has shown me exercises for both he elbows and shoulder to do after I am finished with therapy for maintenance.

Point is, don't let the doctor jump to surgery. and don't put off going because of fear of what might happen. As much I was hurting, I thought surgery was the only solution (I was wrong).

Another point worth noting, not only is the building not posted but they are very gun friendly there. I had to take my shirt off for the injection and told the PA that was prepping me that I was carrying concealed. He said no problem, just about everyone working there does. Dr. Holt made a comment that he is very supportive of 2nd amendment rights.
Last edited by LTUME1978 on Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I've had a chronic left shoulder problem for a long time now that's gotten worse over the years. But yesterday, I finally really screwed it up.........just trying to wring out a washcloth in the shower, of all things. Anyway, the way it feels, I'm pretty sure I've torn my rotator cuff. :(
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

I had Adhesive Capsulitis (also known as frozen shoulder) in both shoulders within 3 years. This when the joint fluid gets so dense, it hurts to move it. Of course, the less you move it, the denser it gets. It starts when you limit movement due to pain, and just gets worse as you move it less.The cure is shoulder manipulation. The severe manipulation required to get the fluid back to normal would be too painful without general anesthetic, so you go to sleep for a bit. It is done in day surgery (no cutting of any kind). It is followed by weeks of physical therapy. Something to ask your doc about if you have shoulder pain during movement.

brokedown48

Post by brokedown48 »

As mentioned above Fondren is very good place to go, I have had 3 back surgeries & both thumbs fused there, also had rotator cuff & the joint fused by Dr Holt, no complaints with either, but I can tell you some horror stories about other places
NRA
TSRA
C&R

Return to “Off-Topic”