Do You Take A Baby Aspirin Daily?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

WildBill
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Do You Take A Baby Aspirin Daily?

Post by WildBill »

parabelum wrote:Yes, I heard for a very long time to be careful with chiropractors and their adjustments, as it can lead to stroke if something happens to dislodge.

Same with hickeys. Heard about young people getting a stroke caused by a hickey.
We had a local chiropractor break the neck of a lady who lived in our apartment building.
NRA Endowment Member

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 9

Post by WTR »

Same with hickeys. Heard about young people getting a stroke caused by a hickey.

I've never been asked about a hickey, although I have never been found of showing the world my sexual endeavors, so I've ever had a hickey..

dale blanker
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by dale blanker »

Yes, I have been taking the full-size (325mg) aspirin for decades with no GI tract problem (but I have been known to have a "cast iron stomach"). My wife has been taking the smaller dose. I understand aspirin is also supposed to help reduce the occurrence of various cancers and maybe even Alzheimer's. My recent checkup resulted in an A+ health rating so I will continue the full-size - with my doctor's approval of course.

Besides lots of raw veggies and a lot of activity, I also recommend using a WaterPik nightly but with straight Listerine instead of water. I credit this with avoiding cavities and even colds for many years.

Stay healthy!
"Fellowship, Leadership, Scholarship, Service." Anyone?

rotor
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rotor »

Most studies show that 81mg aspirin (baby aspirin) is adequate treatment and that full strength 325 mg aspirin has more bleeding complications. In ammo ownership more is better. Not in aspirin treatment.

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

rotor wrote:Most studies show that 81mg aspirin (baby aspirin) is adequate treatment and that full strength 325 mg aspirin has more bleeding complications. In ammo ownership more is better. Not in aspirin treatment.

My doctor also recommends against a 325mg aspirin daily.

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

WTR wrote:
rotor wrote:Most studies show that 81mg aspirin (baby aspirin) is adequate treatment and that full strength 325 mg aspirin has more bleeding complications. In ammo ownership more is better. Not in aspirin treatment.

My doctor also recommends against a 325mg aspirin daily. I do like the Water Pik.

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

I seriously hate all those endless TV commercials for drugs. A bunch of happy people dancing around enjoying themselves, and at the end they state the life threatening/ending possible side effects of the drug. Sure, I'll risk my life to eliminate toenail fungus, why not? :shock:

Doctors determine the risk vs. reward, and it's your job to decide if you wish to take the risk as long as you've been informed. I believe all drugs have possible dangerous side effects.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

G26ster wrote:I seriously hate all those endless TV commercials for drugs. A bunch of happy people dancing around enjoying themselves, and at the end they state the life threatening/ending possible side effects of the drug. Sure, I'll risk my life to eliminate toenail fungus, why not? :shock:
:iagree:

On a side note, I refuse to take acetaminophen [Tylenol]. I feel much safer [a have better results] taking ibuprofen, Aleve or even aspirin.
NRA Endowment Member

mojo84
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mojo84 »

WildBill wrote:
G26ster wrote:I seriously hate all those endless TV commercials for drugs. A bunch of happy people dancing around enjoying themselves, and at the end they state the life threatening/ending possible side effects of the drug. Sure, I'll risk my life to eliminate toenail fungus, why not? :shock:

On a side note, I refuse to take acetaminophen [Tylenol]. I feel much safer [a have better results] taking ibuprofen, Aleve or even aspirin.
Probably just a matter of time until they determine that'll kills us also. I can remember when "they" (whoever they are) said Tylenol was the greatest thing and the safest of all. Seems like we are in a no-win fight.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

WildBill wrote:

The only two analgesics the Doctor has approved for me is Tylenol or Alleve. Neither touch my pain. I do have some class three narcotics prescribed to me that I take if I have a "boomer" of a migraine.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

WTR wrote:
WildBill wrote:

The only two analgesics the Doctor has approved for me is Tylenol or Alleve. Neither touch my pain. I do have some class three narcotics prescribed to me that I take if I have a "boomer" of a migraine.
Funny that your doctor only approves the two analgesics that don't work for you. :headscratch
It's good that he has prescribed something stronger that works for your pain. :thumbs2:

I know it is obvious, but everyone is different how they react to medications, food, stress etc.
I know a couple of people who get knocked out by taking one benadryl tablet.
NRA Endowment Member

rotor
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rotor »

Be very careful with Tylenol (acetaminophen) as it can cause liver damage. Most of the hydrocodone prescriptions contain acetaminophen with it and people can die from the liver disease created by too much Tylenol just as they can from too much hydrocodone. At least the hydrocodone once out of your system won't hurt you assuming you haven't become addicted. Plain old fashioned aspirin is still one of the best drugs ever invented.
When you watch those drug ads on TV realize that they all cost a fortune, it seems to me that many are for made up diseases.

JALLEN

Post by JALLEN »

I've been on a daily 81mg aspirin since my first stent and rotor rooter ~6 years ago. I took Plavix for a year after that. I was practically a hemophiliac that year. I had two more stents the end of July a year ago and have just been taken off
Plavix once more. The cardiologist recommends the aspirin be continued.
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

I know a couple of people who get knocked out by taking one benadryl tablet.

That is my Mom. It does not touch me as most sedatives/relaxant(Valium for an example) have very little effect on me.

Return to “Off-Topic”