Fort Worth PD says officer was refused service at Wendy's

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Fort Worth PD says officer was refused service at Wendy's

Post by bblhd672 »

http://www.fox4news.com/news/227484759-story
In a statement, Wendy’s said the incident appears to be an “unfortunate misunderstanding.”
Until Wendy's makes a stronger statement and fires the employees I will no longer be patronizing their establishments.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

nightmare69
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Fort Worth PD says officer was refused service at Wendy's

Post by nightmare69 »

They should have just let him order and spit in his food like the rest of the anti-police fast food workers do. I'm sure I've eaten my fair share of saliva.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

vjallen75

Post by vjallen75 »

bblhd672 wrote:Until Wendy's makes a stronger statement and fires the employees I will no longer be patronizing their establishments.
this :iagree: :mad5
Vence
NRA Member, EDC: FNS-9mm
I have contact my state rep., Jonathan Stickland, about supporting HB 560. Fine out who represents you, here.

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

The employees probably told the district manager that they "dindu nuthin'".

Glockster

Post by Glockster »

nightmare69 wrote:They should have just let him order and spit in his food like the rest of the anti-police fast food workers do. I'm sure I've eaten my fair share of saliva.
That is just so sad.
NRA Life Member
My State Rep Hubert won't tell me his position on HB560. How about yours?

mr1337

Post by mr1337 »

Redneck_Buddha wrote:they "dindu nuthin'".
That's what the officer was upset about!
Keep calm and carry.

Licensing (n.) - When government takes away your right to do something and sells it back to you.

Mxrdad
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Mxrdad »

vjallen75 wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:Until Wendy's makes a stronger statement and fires the employees I will no longer be patronizing their establishments.
A statement is not going to work for me, I already know what they will say. The real action is terminating all those employees that participated in this disgraceful act. I dont frequent Wendys that much to begin with but sure wont be going there if they don't fire these degenerates. And yet, if they were being held hostage, I bet they would LOVE to see an officer then huh? Shameful.
Just some guy's opinion.

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

All George W. Bush's fault...and Trump's. Maybe the officer was black and the workers were Trump supporters. :mad5

"Cuz the people on MTV told me so.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Mxrdad wrote:
vjallen75 wrote:
A statement is not going to work for me, I already know what they will say. The real action is terminating all those employees that participated in this disgraceful act. I dont frequent Wendys that much to begin with but sure wont be going there if they don't fire these degenerates. And yet, if they were being held hostage, I bet they would LOVE to see an officer then huh? Shameful.
And yet we need to remember:

This Wendy's restaurant may have been a franchise location. If it was, then the franchise owner is the one who is responsible to act, and Wendy's corporate may not have sufficient authority to require it.

Whether the local franchise owner chooses to fire (or not to fire) the degenerates shouldn't be a reflection on the franchise owner for the Wendy's down the street from me here in Houston.

I'm not a patron of Wendy's all that often, but I recognize that a knee-jerk reaction that punishes all local owners due to the action or inaction of another owner is not entirely warranted. I suggest let's learn more about the situation before making blanket statements condemning an entire industry simply because they share a common license.

(Edited to add the following)

That being said...(now we're playing the IF game)...IF I lived in the area around that Wendy's location, and IF I were a regular customer, and IF that franchise owner failed to fire the degenerate with a vengeance, then I'd certainly express my displeasure with him/her by boycotting their franchise locations, and encouraging all those around me to do so.
Last edited by Vol Texan on Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

HKMike

Post by HKMike »

"an unfortunate misunderstanding" doesn't quite cut it for me. I wonder what the Wendy's company response would be if police failed to respond to an emergency call to one of their outlets? Would they accept "an unfortunate misunderstanding" as a valid reason for the lack of service? While the consequences of the two situations may be quite unequal, the excuse carries the same lack of caring for those expecting service.

Mxrdad
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Mxrdad »

Vol Texan wrote:
Mxrdad wrote:
vjallen75 wrote:

This Wendy's restaurant may have been a franchise location. If it was, then the franchise owner is the one who is responsible to act, and Wendy's corporate may not have sufficient authority to require it.

Whether the local franchise owner chooses to fire (or not to fire) the degenerates shouldn't be a reflection on the franchise owner for the Wendy's down the street from me here in Houston.

I'm not a patron of Wendy's all that often, but I recognize that a knee-jerk reaction that punishes all local owners due to the action or inaction of another owner is not entirely warranted. I suggest let's learn more about the situation before making blanket statements condemning an entire industry simply because they share a common license.

:iagree: Good points and I stand corrected. I didnt even think about the Franchise thing. Thanks for pointing that out.
Just some guy's opinion.

Topic author
bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Vol Texan wrote:
Mxrdad wrote:
vjallen75 wrote:

I disagree, how better to bring pressure upon the FW franchisee than to have his fellow franchisees get on his case because it's costing them business too?
Also, these miscreants are painting all police officers as "pigs" and "racists", why not use their own tactics in response to their actions? One Wendy's location has bad employees, make all Wendy's out to have bad employees.

I'm sick and tired of being nice to these people in the name of political correctness....
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Global warming is to blame. That, and pterodactyl hunting the right wingers support.

I'm sure this employee is just misunderstood youth.

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

I have a few friends who live in that area. I've sent them the link to the news story so they can be informed to avoid patronizing this particular Wendy's.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

bblhd672 wrote:
Vol Texan wrote:
Mxrdad wrote:
vjallen75 wrote:

I disagree, how better to bring pressure upon the FW franchisee than to have his fellow franchisees get on his case because it's costing them business too?
Also, these miscreants are painting all police officers as "pigs" and "racists", why not use their own tactics in response to their actions? One Wendy's location has bad employees, make all Wendy's out to have bad employees.

I'm sick and tired of being nice to these people in the name of political correctness....
As a franchise owner, the other franchise owners are as much competitors as they are colleagues. They might have little to no impact on what their 'brother' owner says or does. They just happen to share a common licensing provider, and that doesn't necessarily grant them any influence over the actions of other license holders. But then again, I could be wrong. I don't know the intricacies of the legal agreements between franchise holders and corporate in the world of Wendy's. I just don't like blanket punishments any more now as an adult than I did when I was a kid in school and the entire class got punished because one kid did something wrong.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Return to “Off-Topic”