Houston West Quadrant Breakfast

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Mxrdad
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Houston West Quadrant Breakfast

Post by Mxrdad »

I can't make it, cheers to those attending.
Just some guy's opinion.

ktfiend
Posts in topic: 32

Post by ktfiend »

I'll have on my custom tailored BRCC tshirt. I customize all of my t-shirts. :lol:

Then it'll be off to GRB for shopping and people watching for me!

EastTexasRancher
Posts in topic: 1

Post by EastTexasRancher »

If I'm not fishing I will be there.

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Skiprr »

sbrawley wrote:I don't know if I'll be able to make it. The sheriff just canned the 287(g) program today and I don't know when we're going to be transferred out. The transfer will be on a Saturday, I just don't know which Saturday and I'll be going to first shift.
So Sheriff Gonzalez has made it official? Complete suspension of 287(g)? Other than some fluff piece in January about his intent to keep his campaign promises, I haven't seen anything on the news about it.

The juxtaposition--and especially the timing--of the direction the feds and ICE will take compared to the city/county efforts in the populous areas that have gone bright Blue will be...interesting to watch play out. The way Abbott responded to Travis County, I can't wait to see his message to Harris.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

sbrawley wrote:Yep. We got the word around 8 o clock last night. Last week the ICE director came from D.C. to meet with the sheriff and it sounded like we were going to stay. Strangely, he leaves and the sheriff pulls this.
Found the first media notification. From ten o'clock last night: http://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/ho ... 949617.php.

Sigh. While Waller, Montgomery, and Galveston Counties move forward with the program, Harris County scraps it.

To pull this back on topic, even though I can't be there, maybe this might be a point of conversation next Saturday at the breakfast.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

Russell wrote:Link is paywalled. Here's a better one: http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas ... 949264.php
Sorry; didn't realize the other was a subscription link. I don't have a Chronicle subscription, digital or paper. Maybe they're cookie-tracking number of hits and I came in under a "preview" count. The non-paid link shows only an abbreviated portion of the article, though; more detail in the other one. But if sbrawley makes it to the breakfast, he'll certainly know the history of the program in the county and how it used to operate.

LDB415
Posts in topic: 4

Post by LDB415 »

I'm glad to see you guys are getting this going. I'm going to at least have good intentions of going although it's a long hike from Friendswood that early in the morning. One thing Chris failed to mention is he also has a ready smile and you won't see it beforehand but he has a solid handshake for everyone as well. I hope this goes really well for you guys, as well as ours has. Congratulations on getting it going.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

Lumberjack98
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Lumberjack98 »

I can't make this one. My wife has a training ride for the MS150 and I'm helping out.
NRA Lifetime Member
TSRA Lifetime Member

Topic author
Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 42

Post by Vol Texan »

It looks like we might get a few folks tomorrow. I'm looking forward to meeting y'all.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Return to “Off-Topic”