Houston West Quadrant Breakfast

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Houston West Quadrant Breakfast

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Syntyr wrote:In keeping with a theme there is a Kellys in Stafford. Highway 59 just outside of beltway 8 between wilcrest and kirkwood...
Folks who haven't eaten at Kelly's are going to be happy if you folks make that your meeting place. You won't leave hungry! Be sure to order a biscuit (a/k/a breakfast cake) with breakfast.

Chas.

puma guy
Posts in topic: 4

Post by puma guy »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Syntyr wrote:In keeping with a theme there is a Kellys in Stafford. Highway 59 just outside of beltway 8 between wilcrest and kirkwood...
Folks who haven't eaten at Kelly's are going to be happy if you folks make that your meeting place. You won't leave hungry! Be sure to order a biscuit (a/k/a breakfast cake) with breakfast.

Chas.
I second that!
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Lumberjack98
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Lumberjack98 »

I'd be interested.

Rudy's near 10 and Mason has some tasty breakfast options.
NRA Lifetime Member
TSRA Lifetime Member

Mxrdad

Post by Mxrdad »

Russell wrote:
Vol Texan wrote:Recommendations for a suitable location?

I'd personally say somewhere along 10 & 99 or 10 & 8 or anywhere north of there as that'd make it easy for me (and others) in the NW side to swing down for a visit.

As far as actual restaurants, I'm an open book. As long as it's decent food I'm happy :mrgreen:
That sounds good to me. I am on the NE side so 99 and 10, or 99 and 290 or 99 and 45 works for me. (Not sure I'd call 99 and 45 N the west side of town though. LOL.
Just some guy's opinion.

birdman253
Posts in topic: 1

Post by birdman253 »

If it is on a weekend day, I am also interested. I'm close to 99 and Kuykendahl. Some locations mentioned are a little bit of a hike, but not too bad on a weekend morning.

Topic author
Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 42

Post by Vol Texan »

OK, everyone...

I'm the one who stirred up this dust storm, and I've not done anything with it.

Unfortunately, I had a few overseas trips, and was not able to follow through in a timely manner. So let's try to kick this off again.

Syntr & Charles are right - Kelly's in Meadows Place would be a great option, but if we really want to make this a 'west Houston' thing, we shouldn't isolate those north of I-10 so much (although my office is in Sugar Land, so that is a great location for me). Instead of shifting south, I'll shift the focus of this a little west. Let's shoot for Rudy's Country Store & Bar-B-Q at 21799 Katy Fwy, Katy, TX 77450. Rudy's doesn't have the down home charm of Kelly's, but they do have some tasty breakfast options (as mentioned by Lumberjack98 above).

If we planned something for this Saturday morning, 25 Feb, would that be too soon? We could plan to meet at 8:30 am, and I don't think it'll be too busy.

Let me know if you're able to join in, so we can get an early headcount estimate.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Topic author
Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

bump
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

ktfiend
Posts in topic: 32

Post by ktfiend »

I'm in, depending on details. Would really prefer something on I10.

There's a great little place in Old Katy that we eat at every Saturday. Snappy's on 90 in the same strip center as Cane Island Outfitters. We love the place, but that may too far West for others.

I agree that Kelly's is awesome.... Well, the original one on Belfort anyway, until daddy Kelly passed. His kids have short cutted and cheapened the food considerably. I typically avoid all of the locations now. It's just a major disappointment after growing up in the original place as a child.

ktfiend

Post by ktfiend »

Rudy's definitely has the space and great breakfast tacos

Topic author
Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

ktfiend wrote:I'm in, depending on details. Would really prefer something on I10.

There's a great little place in Old Katy that we eat at every Saturday. Snappy's on 90 in the same strip center as Cane Island Outfitters. We love the place, but that may too far West for others.

I agree that Kelly's is awesome.... Well, the original one on Belfort anyway, until daddy Kelly passed. His kids have short cutted and cheapened the food considerably. I typically avoid all of the locations now. It's just a major disappointment after growing up in the original place as a child.
Rudy's is on I10. Hope you can make it.

ktfiend

Post by ktfiend »

Yes, we frequent there as well. It'll be our 2nd breakfast but we'll be there.

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Skiprr »

I can't make it this Saturday; will try in the future. But I do like the Rudy's location on I-10 near South Mason. It isn't next door for me up on the northwest side, but for a westside meet that's about as good a spot as you can get: between Katy and the Energy Corridor right on the freeway, making it almost a straight shot from Hedwig Village inside the Beltway, up the Grand Parkway from Pecan Grove, south on the Grand Parkway from the Blackhorse area, and west out to Brookshire. (Just tell us it isn't posted. ;-) )

The PSC IDPA match is the 4th Saturday morning every month, but I don't know how many westsiders make the drive. I used to, but haven't for a long time. I don't know if that's a timing consideration or not. The Saturday shoots for West Houston IDPA at Impact Zone are the 1st and 2nd Saturdays.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

ktfiend

Post by ktfiend »

Just curious but how do we find each other?

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

ktfiend wrote:Just curious but how do we find each other?
You havent learned the secret handshake and salute yet?

Shame shame... "rlol"

Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

Topic author
Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

ktfiend wrote:Just curious but how do we find each other?

I'll be in my standard South Quadrant Breakfast attire: Texas3006.com tshirt, and wearing a UT hat. The real UT, of course - in Knoxville.

Return to “Off-Topic”