Today in Trump's 1st term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

pbwalker
Posts in topic: 18

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Post by pbwalker »

rotor wrote:
pbwalker wrote:
rotor wrote:
pbwalker wrote:
stroo wrote:I voted for Trump albeit with great misgivings. I am however still very happy with that vote. Hilary still isn't president and we have gotten some very good Federal judges.

But there are times, Trump talks and tweets too much. He is continually stepping on his own good news. Drives me crazy.
:iagree:

I couldn't bring myself to vote for him (voted for Gary Johnson), but you hit the nail on the head. SCOTUS was a huge win. But Trump keeps trying to appeal to the lowest common denominator and, frankly, it's a joke.
You voted for HRC.
And it's that attitude that keeps the vicious cycle going. :tiphat:
Just a fact. I voted for Ross Perot in 92. I too ended up voting for a Clinton. I guess I wasn't too savvy in 1992. At least my man had some brains, not like Gary Johnson. But I am sure you felt better, just as I did.
I did. I was able to walk away from the ballot box with my dignity in tact.

And I, too, would have voted for Perot in 1992 if I was old enough to do so. I was the only kid in my 7th grade class who took the "Perot" side of the argument, read his book a few times, and genuinely wanted the guy to win. I guess I would have voted for a clinton back then too...
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

Bitter Clinger wrote:
pbwalker wrote:
stroo wrote:I voted for Trump albeit with great misgivings. I am however still very happy with that vote. Hilary still isn't president and we have gotten some very good Federal judges.

But there are times, Trump talks and tweets too much. He is continually stepping on his own good news. Drives me crazy.

I couldn't bring myself to vote for him (voted for Gary Johnson), but you hit the nail on the head. SCOTUS was a huge win. But Trump keeps trying to appeal to the lowest common denominator and, frankly, it's a joke.
Political correctness is a form of bullying. Trump's comments and tweets are designed to break the left's paradigm. Until Trump came on the scene the left could say anything they wanted without fear of censorship, but the right was shouted down and shamed and at every turn. Trump is changing that. Embrace it.
That's one way of viewing it. I hope you're right. We shall see...

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 173

Post by Bitter Clinger »

pbwalker wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:Well Dale and pb, one indication that things are going to get ugly is the failure of the fake story regarding Trump's alledged use of profanity. Obviously you would have liked it to have been true.

/snip
Just a word of advice, but it's best not to assume anything about me. I do not blindly support someone because of party, who I voted for, or anything. Unlike the left, I do not want to railroad him. But I'll call a spade a spade whenever I see one.
Then I would challenge you to ask yourself why you were so quick to accept the lies uttered by that traitor Dick Durbin? DemocRat Durbin has a long and rich history of spewing left wing lies which the fake news media are only too happy to publish.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

philbo
Banned
Posts in topic: 149

Post by philbo »

Bitter Clinger wrote:Then I would challenge you to ask yourself why you were so quick to accept the lies uttered by that traitor Dick Durbin? DemocRat Durbin has a long and rich history of spewing left wing lies which the fake news media are only too happy to publish.
While I wouldn't believe anything Durbin pronounced at face value, our President's history with "truthful hyperbole", alternative facts and outright lies is enough to question his veracity on any subject and a large part of the problem on this particular issue. When one liar calls another liar a liar... seems like typical politics at it's lowest form unfortunately. Welcome to the circus.

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

philbo wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:Then I would challenge you to ask yourself why you were so quick to accept the lies uttered by that traitor Dick Durbin? DemocRat Durbin has a long and rich history of spewing left wing lies which the fake news media are only too happy to publish.
While I wouldn't believe anything Durbin pronounced at face value, our President's history with "truthful hyperbole", alternative facts and outright lies is enough to question his veracity on any subject and a large part of the problem on this particular issue. When one liar calls another liar a liar... seems like typical politics at it's lowest form unfortunately. Welcome to the circus.
Why is it that you and Dale almost only exclusively post when you have something negative to say about our President? The economy is booming, tax cut bill passed, ISIS decimated, foreign policy rolling back the cowardly concessions made to Iran, N.Korea and the Fakestinians, and yet you continue to denigrate one of the greatest first years of any President in recent memory. Happy to meet in person to discuss further. Otherwise :waiting:
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

philbo wrote:
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 58

Post by anygunanywhere »

Of Crudeness and Truth

Thoughts on President Trump's latest verbal tempest.

https://www.city-journal.org/html/crude ... 15668.html

Enjoy!
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

philbo
Banned
Posts in topic: 149

Post by philbo »

Bitter Clinger wrote:Why is it that you and Dale almost only exclusively post when you have something negative to say about our President? The economy is booming, tax cut bill passed, ISIS decimated, foreign policy rolling back the cowardly concessions made to Iran, N.Korea and the Fakestinians, and yet you continue to denigrate one of the greatest first years of any President in recent memory. Happy to meet in person to discuss further. Otherwise :waiting:
I am not a Trump fanboy. I will not accept or gloss over things that are unacceptable regardless of who is saying it. I considered such acceptance by liberals offensive in the past, and watching conservatives willing to accept what they have previously condemned just because it currently serves their agenda is repugnant. I'm happy to meet with anyone, anytime to discuss anything, so if your offer is legit, always available to talk!

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

Bitter Clinger wrote:
pbwalker wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:Well Dale and pb, one indication that things are going to get ugly is the failure of the fake story regarding Trump's alledged use of profanity. Obviously you would have liked it to have been true.

/snip
Just a word of advice, but it's best not to assume anything about me. I do not blindly support someone because of party, who I voted for, or anything. Unlike the left, I do not want to railroad him. But I'll call a spade a spade whenever I see one.
Then I would challenge you to ask yourself why you were so quick to accept the lies uttered by that traitor Dick Durbin? DemocRat Durbin has a long and rich history of spewing left wing lies which the fake news media are only too happy to publish.
I didn't. That was YOUR assumption. Not once did I say a thing about Durbin.

rotor
Posts in topic: 68

Post by rotor »

pbwalker wrote:
rotor wrote:
pbwalker wrote:
rotor wrote:
pbwalker wrote:

You voted for HRC.
Just a fact. I voted for Ross Perot in 92. I too ended up voting for a Clinton. I guess I wasn't too savvy in 1992. At least my man had some brains, not like Gary Johnson. But I am sure you felt better, just as I did.

And I, too, would have voted for Perot in 1992 if I was old enough to do so. I was the only kid in my 7th grade class who took the "Perot" side of the argument, read his book a few times, and genuinely wanted the guy to win. I guess I would have voted for a clinton back then too...
Maybe you are proving the point that with age one becomes much more conservative and less idealistic. Obviously there is a large age distinction between us. Feeling good by voting for Johnson was a vote for HRC. Perhaps you just knew that Texas would never vote for HRC and your vote didn't count. But what if one vote really did count? At least when I voted outrageously I voted for someone smart, You voted for an idiot. I have the same argument with my much younger brothers too so don't take it personal.

cedarparkdad987
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by cedarparkdad987 »

Bitter Clinger wrote:
philbo wrote:
Why is it that you and Dale almost only exclusively post when you have something negative to say about our President? The economy is booming, tax cut bill passed, ISIS decimated, foreign policy rolling back the cowardly concessions made to Iran, N.Korea and the Fakestinians, and yet you continue to denigrate one of the greatest first years of any President in recent memory. Happy to meet in person to discuss further. Otherwise :waiting:
Well, it is an off topic political post on a gun forum. Gun owners are of many political persuasions. :tiphat:

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

rotor wrote:
pbwalker wrote:
rotor wrote:
pbwalker wrote:
rotor wrote:
pbwalker wrote:

You voted for HRC.

Maybe you are proving the point that with age one becomes much more conservative and less idealistic. Obviously there is a large age distinction between us. Feeling good by voting for Johnson was a vote for HRC. Perhaps you just knew that Texas would never vote for HRC and your vote didn't count. But what if one vote really did count? At least when I voted outrageously I voted for someone smart, You voted for an idiot. I have the same argument with my much younger brothers too so don't take it personal.
Well, I'm not sure I buy the 'age to conservative values' argument. I've ALWAYS voted for the Republican as long as I've been able to vote, except for this year. If Trump is the direction of the Republican party, I want nothing to do with it. My choice may be an "idiot" in your mind, but he was a better choice than the reality TV host. At least he had some executive experience. I do agree with what Trump is doing for the economy, and the fact that he's prevented some bad court appointments, but that's really about it. Regardless, he'll be a one-term president and then just wait...the dems will make us pay tremendously for his presidency. When all is said and done, there will be no wall, healthcare will be left in shambles to the point where people are begging for single payer, and the country will continue its downward spiral. I welcome the opportunity to be proven wrong, but I'm not holding my breath. The US has no hope when we're run by two peas (R & D) in the same pod. Give me Rand Paul, Trey Gowdy, or Justin Amash on a ticket and then I'll consider voting R again. But the republicans can only thank themselves for my vote this year.

Look, I get the appeal for trump. He's a wonderful salesman and people are buying it. But he's a clown.

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

"What is Aleppo?"
"rlol"
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Oh, and BTW, once again, Trump was right:

I am so tired of Trump Derangement Syndrome, but I never expected to see an outbreak of it on this forum.
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

EastTexasRancher
Posts in topic: 6

Post by EastTexasRancher »

1). Durbin can’t battle Trump’s twitter account, and just today is having to explain his lies by saying he’s “focused on one thing....not that meeting...”...and “rhetoric gets fiery....if you don’t have thick skin, this is not a good business to get into”. So yea....he lied.

2). Forgive me, but for those of you that are pinki extended wine drinkers that can’t stomach Trump and speak of the nobility of voting out of principle for someone that you KNOW cannot win.....just vote for the opposition, okay? (I have a dear friend that is losing sleep because he now wants to cut his wrists because he voted for Trump, because of “what a cad he is”.) REMEMBER, the right has slinked off at every accusation, innuendo, press release, or slightly negative news story...and now we have a fighter. Finally, even though the press tries to frame the liberal narrative, his Twitter account keeps them from doing so. He may have warts, but he is making inroads on the courts that will impact the judiciary for decades...and HOPEFULLY another SCOTUS appointment. Think about that.

So, shrink away if you must. I and many others are extremely happy this man is in our White House vs. the criminal alternative.

Return to “Off-Topic”