Today in Trump's 1st term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 213

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Post by bblhd672 »

philip964 wrote:https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/ri ... ows-no-let

90% of Trump coverage negative.

Al Franken did resign sort of.

Cute female skier frormer Tigher Woods GF, Lindsay Vonn says she won't represent Trump in Olympics. Then had a bad skiing accident injuring her back. Get well soon so you can not represent Trump.

Since the resignation of Franken, new calls for Trump to resign because of sexual harrassment. Lots of air time for the alleged women.
At another site I read when the Franken thing started the theory was put forth that Franken and other Democrats accused of sexual harassment were being sacrificed to set up a new run at Trump over sexual harassment claims.
It’s beginning to look like that theory is truth.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 58

Post by anygunanywhere »

Yeah well until the the former sexual harasser/rapist in chief Clinton is prosecuted and in prison all the left commie prog feminists need to shut their pie holes.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

dale blanker
Banned
Posts in topic: 156

Post by dale blanker »

anygunanywhere wrote:Yeah well until the the former sexual harasser/rapist in chief Clinton is prosecuted and in prison all the left commie prog feminists need to shut their pie holes.
I keep hearing politicians justifying what's been done before as making the current trash all "ok" but do you really believe that?
"Fellowship, Leadership, Scholarship, Service." Anyone?

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 58

Post by anygunanywhere »

dale blanker wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:Yeah well until the the former sexual harasser/rapist in chief Clinton is prosecuted and in prison all the left commie prog feminists need to shut their pie holes.
I keep hearing politicians justifying what's been done before as making the current trash all "ok" but do you really believe that?
Of course I don't believe that. However, if they don't do unto Clinton it is all a more enormous hypocrisy. I do not excuse any of this behavior.

Also, those making false allegations need to be punished as well.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

ThistleWerke
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ThistleWerke »

Rubio is working hard to get a Democrat majority in the Senate with his tax bill threats.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1534

Post by philip964 »

ThistleWerke wrote:Rubio is working hard to get a Democrat majority in the Senate with his tax bill threats.
I'm suspecting they were originally going to have a larger child tax credit. But someone said hey lets let one of our members be a hero. So they reduced it and allowed Rubio to grandstand and make some favorable press. He may be their 2020, go to candidate if Trump doesn't or can't run, especially if they let him introduce the new DACA legislation.

The Meuller investigation seems to be running into some ethics issues. Lots being reported about conflicts of interest with the people he hired, but now we have Trump transition information received without a warrant, some of which was privileged.

Now its coming out that women were offered up to 750k to come forward with dirt on Trump before the election, the money apparently coming from Hillary super pacs.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.axios.com/new-trump-officia ... 47669.html

Mueller received thousands of Trump transition team emails without a warrant has made page one. Apparently they used information on these emails to interview witnesses and to direct their investigation. This becomes one of those what do they call it "fruit of the poisonous tree," things now.

The Trump transition team, which still exists as a legal entity, was provided data storage by the general services administration. Mueller apparently just asked them for all the emails which they provided no questions asked. Interesting how when a Republican congress asks the Democratic state department for emails it takes years for them to respond. Here slam bang, he's got them.

This apparently will now forever change how transition teams work in the future. No doubt making the President less ready for the job on day one in the future. No doubt, Trump kicks himself for thinking that the existing Obama administration was on the same team as he was, and not treating them as a worse enemy, then lets say North Korea.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 76

Post by Abraham »

"Al Franken did resign sort of."

Hhhmmm, kinda like being a "little pregnant" eh...?

spectre
Banned
Posts in topic: 14

Post by spectre »

philip964 wrote:I'm suspecting they were originally going to have a larger child tax credit. But someone said hey lets let one of our members be a hero. So they reduced it and allowed Rubio to grandstand and make some favorable press. He may be their 2020, go to candidate if Trump doesn't or can't run, especially if they let him introduce the new DACA legislation.
The child tax credit is still $2,000. Rubio was holding out to increase the percentage of the child tax credit that's refundable. If you know what that means, think about that for a minute.

If you're not sure what it means, a "refundable" tax credit is like a gun "buyback" where the politicians' words don't mean the same as they do in plain English. In a gun buyback, the government is paying money to buy guns that the government never owned in the first place. In a refundable tax credit, the government is paying money to somebody above and beyond a full refund (real English) of everything they paid in income tax in the first place. It's a handout, not a refund, plain and simple.

So the real story is Rubio demanded a bigger handout for the 47% (according to Mitt) that don''t pay income tax.
I'm in a good place right now
Not emotionally or financially
But I am at the gun store

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

spectre wrote:
philip964 wrote:I'm suspecting they were originally going to have a larger child tax credit. But someone said hey lets let one of our members be a hero. So they reduced it and allowed Rubio to grandstand and make some favorable press. He may be their 2020, go to candidate if Trump doesn't or can't run, especially if they let him introduce the new DACA legislation.
The child tax credit is still $2,000. Rubio was holding out to increase the percentage of the child tax credit that's refundable. If you know what that means, think about that for a minute.

If you're not sure what it means, a "refundable" tax credit is like a gun "buyback" where the politicians' words don't mean the same as they do in plain English. In a gun buyback, the government is paying money to buy guns that the government never owned in the first place. In a refundable tax credit, the government is paying money to somebody above and beyond a full refund (real English) of everything they paid in income tax in the first place. It's a handout, not a refund, plain and simple.

So the real story is Rubio demanded a bigger handout for the 47% (according to Mitt) that don''t pay income tax.
My understanding if you have children and you have a job, you file a tax return to get more money back than was ever deducted from your paycheck in the first place.

bigtek
Banned
Posts in topic: 13

Post by bigtek »

philip964 wrote:
spectre wrote:So the real story is Rubio demanded a bigger handout for the 47% (according to Mitt) that don''t pay income tax.
My understanding if you have children and you have a job, you file a tax return to get more money back than was ever deducted from your paycheck in the first place.
I don't know about that. However, if somebody's "refund" is larger than the income taxes withheld, the excess is welfare in a thin disguise. If the main problem with the tax bill, according to Rubio, was the welfare handouts were too small...well, he's no conservative.
Deck the halls with nitroglycerin
Fa la la la la la la la la!
Strike a match and see who's missin'
Fa la la la la la la la la!

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Liberal Disney unveils Trump's i likeness in Hall of Presidents.

To me it's Hillary or a Trans Trump.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.today. ... es-t120251

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 173

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Trump's first 341 days define WINNING against the combined opposition of the Swamp (establishment Democrats, RINO's, and bureauRats) and the MSM's digging in their heels and "resisting."

If you didn't hear it above their whining and temper tantrums, here's a short list:
- CUT taxes (corporate and individual)
- REPEAL ObamaCare individual mandate
- APPOINT a Constitutionalist judge to SCOTUS
- SHRED tons of needless, useless, and economy-killing red tape
- DESTROY ISIS
- APPROVE pipeline projects and new oil drilling
- WITHDRAW from bogus wealth-transfer scam aka Paris Climate Accord
- WIPE 'climate change' bull from list of threats to the US
- ARREST illegal MS-13 criminals for deportation
- MOVE Embassy to Jerusalem
- START prototypes for 'the Wall'
- RECORD setting DOW, best year EVER in history for stocks shattering records for 70+ days with a 5,000 point rise
- DROVE the MSM and Left to lose it's 'collective' mind while revealing themselves as foaming-at-the-mouth mad and enemies of truth, free speech, and the American Way.

Now try to imagine what he could do if he had any support!

MAGA

* from "Rico" :tiphat:
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 213

Post by bblhd672 »

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12 ... names.html
The United Nations General Assembly overwhelmingly voted on Thursday to condemn President Trump's decision to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital.
So refreshing to have a President who isn't afraid to stand up to the UN and tell them to pound sand.
"We will remember it when we are called upon once again to make the world's largest contribution to the United Nations," US Ambassador Nikky Haley said. "And we will remember when so many countries come calling on us, as they so often do, to pay even more and to use our influence for their benefit."
Haley added that Thursday's vote "will make a difference on how Americans look at the U.N. and on how we look at countries who disrespect us in the U.N., and this vote will be remembered."
The rest of the world needs to (finally) understand that the UN needs the USA more than the USA needs the UN.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

bblhd672 wrote:http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12 ... names.html
The United Nations General Assembly overwhelmingly voted on Thursday to condemn President Trump's decision to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital.
So refreshing to have a President who isn't afraid to stand up to the UN and tell them to pound sand.
"We will remember it when we are called upon once again to make the world's largest contribution to the United Nations," US Ambassador Nikky Haley said. "And we will remember when so many countries come calling on us, as they so often do, to pay even more and to use our influence for their benefit."
Haley added that Thursday's vote "will make a difference on how Americans look at the U.N. and on how we look at countries who disrespect us in the U.N., and this vote will be remembered."
The rest of the world needs to (finally) understand that the UN needs the USA more than the USA needs the UN.
Does any one know besides Israel, who voted with us. It would be nice to know who our 7 other friends are.

Yes the rest can pound sand.

And I'm sure I've told everyone here the Tax cut will raise my Federal income taxes by 8%. I fear that as tight as the election was, the independents out there in my situation could be enough to change the balance against the 2nd amendment again in 2018.

Return to “Off-Topic”