Today in Trump's 1st term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

dale blanker
Banned
Posts in topic: 156

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Post by dale blanker »

carlson1 wrote:I know for a fact we are better off with Trump than the other choice, but I have a question. What would we be saying if a democrat had one and their administration would have turned over like this one? It seems they either quit or get fired weekly if not daily.
Ah, an interesting question from our moderator! But I think the question is really a rhetorical one - pointing out that under "normal" conditions we might be more critical about how things are being done. It looks like now anything goes and no one cares - a tweet to fire the Secretary of State? Prospects for stability in the White House do look dim - there appears to be only impulsive reaction and little or no reflection.
"Fellowship, Leadership, Scholarship, Service." Anyone?

mojo84
Posts in topic: 253

Post by mojo84 »

http://reason.com/blog/2018/03/22/hilla ... mp-or-camb
When can we as a country admit that the "most-qualified candidate in history" lost the 2016 election and get on with living our lives?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 76

Post by Abraham »

Hillary: Corrupt, evil, vindictive, and the list is endless of her perfidy against women her husband abused, but still there are dolts who overlook (they know she's evil) this in her favor.

Why would they want her?

Do they prefer obvious evil...?

I don't get it....

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1534

Post by philip964 »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mueller-repo ... 53054.html

Mueller looking into Sessions contacts with Russians.

I’ve been pretty critical here of Jeff Sessions and his decision to recuse himself and saddling Trump within a Special Council within a few months of taking office.

Then failing to appoint a Special Council to investigate the real crimes.

Now look what we have now. As Sessions turns up the heat so does the special council.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... arage-ally

Guy is detained by FBI at the airport. Questioned about Trump. So do you answer questions, or do you say, thank you gentlemen, but lets make an appointment when I can have my attorney present? Unless I am under arrest, can I leave now?

Trump makes a bunch of comments about Amazon, monopoly, bad deal for the US with Post Office, etc. Amazon stock tanks.

Trump closes Russian consulate in Seattle. Expels 60 Russian diplomats. Not sure if Trump plays hard on Russia, because he thinks that is the right thing to do, or because of the Russia probe it looks better if he is hard on them.

http://thehill.com/policy/national-secu ... al-counsel

Sessions still not appointing a second special council.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2018/03/29/ders ... iet-union/

Special Council not a good idea. Alan Dershowitz. "show me the man, I'll get you a crime"

To me the paying of Stormy off, could potentially be Mueller's big Trump crime. Not Russia.

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 91

Post by TreyHouston »

dale blanker wrote:
carlson1 wrote:I know for a fact we are better off with Trump than the other choice, but I have a question. What would we be saying if a democrat had one and their administration would have turned over like this one? It seems they either quit or get fired weekly if not daily.
Ah, an interesting question from our moderator! But I think the question is really a rhetorical one - pointing out that under "normal" conditions we might be more critical about how things are being done. It looks like now anything goes and no one cares - a tweet to fire the Secretary of State? Prospects for stability in the White House do look dim - there appears to be only impulsive reaction and little or no reflection.

What happens when a CEO takes over a failing business? Same thing with a new NFL head coach. Heads will fly!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

philip964 wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... arage-ally

Guy is detained by FBI at the airport. Questioned about Trump. So do you answer questions, or do you say, thank you gentlemen, but lets make an appointment when I can have my attorney present? Unless I am under arrest, can I leave now?
It sounded like they at least wanted him to believe he was under arrest. Separated from his family. Phone confiscated. Then asked a bunch of questions. I would have asked the question to clarify that I really was under arrest, and then would have asserted my right to remain silent. There is no reason to speak with the FBI unless you are forced to do so. Especially after what happened to General Flynn.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 26

Post by carlson1 »

TreyHouston wrote:
dale blanker wrote:

What happens when a CEO takes over a failing business? Same thing with a new NFL head coach. Heads will fly!
That’s great except the heads flying are the heads he hired.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/03/31/ ... g-america/

Trump faces his first alien invasion.

No MSM stories whatsoever.

When the invading army hits the border it will be nonstop

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Trump's campaign regularly bought office supplies from Amazon - CBS News

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 91

Post by TreyHouston »

carlson1 wrote:
TreyHouston wrote:
dale blanker wrote:

That’s great except the heads flying are the heads he hired.

Ya, under recommdation as being good.
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 213

Post by bblhd672 »

The FBI raided President Trump’s personal attorney Michael Cohen’s home, office and hotel room Monday to seize a collection of documents, Fox News has confirmed.

Federal agents reportedly obtained documents related to several issues, including his payments to adult-film star Stormy Daniels in the weeks leading up to the 2016 presidential election. The New York Times was first to report the raid.

“Today the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York executed a series of search warrants and seized the privileged communications between my client, Michael Cohen, and his clients,” Cohen’s attorney Stephen Ryan said in a statement Monday. “I have been advised by federal prosecutors that the New York action is, in part, a referral by the Office of Special Counsel, Robert Mueller.”
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/04 ... ments.html
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

philip964 wrote:
To me the paying of Stormy off, could potentially be Mueller's big Trump crime. Not Russia.
I hate it when I am right. Seizing a sitting President’s personal attorneys privileged files is a dangerous move for this country.

On the other hand I know one group of voters who will be out in force this November if this keeps up.

Many of us feel this is a way to change our votes last November. Right now to me this is a coup. We will vote in mass for spineless Republicans again in hope they will some how get one.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/p ... hronstrrpc

Shelia Jackson Lee rallies Democrats to shield Mueller.

Comey's book comes out today. Trump called him a slime ball or something like that. Comy's book calls Trump a Mafia boss.

There may be tapes seized in the raid on Trumps lawyer. Media loves any connection with Nixon. Lots of payoffs its sounding like in the media. Doorman may have been paid to keep quiet. Nothing illegal, I believe, unless campaign funds or bank borrowed money was used.

Trump is tweeting a lot about attacking Syria. So if there was not a Russia probe would Trump be friendlier with Russia?

Trade war with China, kinda ebbs and flows. Stock market sort of ebbs and flows with it.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/13/politics ... index.html

Trump, France and England decide to bomb Syria.

Big downside. Not sure what the upside is.

Return to “Off-Topic”