Today in Trump's 1st term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1534

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Post by philip964 »

mojo84 wrote:Moved US embassy to Jerusalem.
Last night Laura Ingraham showed videos of speeches by Clinton, Bush and Obama where they said they would move the embassy to Jerusalem. In the Bush video, he says he will move the embassy on the first day he is President. No wonder we do not believe a thing politicians say.

The first lady is in the hospital this week after surgery yesterday for a kidney problem. To me anything dealing with the kidneys is very serious. They are saying it is a benign tumor, and are seeming to say it is no big deal. I wish her well and a speedy recovery.

In other Russia collusion news, the story is getting very complicated on the Dark State side. If you remember this Trump Russian collusion thing started very quickly after Trump took office. Sessions immediately recused himself and within it seemed a month of Trump taking office we had a special council.

Apparently this Russia collusion thing was actually in the works long before the election. There are reports that the FBI had a spy in the Trump campaign, they were using the stolen Clinton emails as bait to trap unsuspecting Trump campaign people. These complicated set ups were used as evidence of Russian collusion and evidence to present to FISA judges to get wiretaps on people who would call candidate Trump.

apostate
Posts in topic: 17

Post by apostate »

For all that I'm not thrilled with his lack of progress on gun rights, I have to applaud the Trump administration for not pussy footing around the truth. Jerusalem is the capital of Israel. Taiwan is not part of mainland China. McCain is dying. Iran supports terrorism.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 253

Post by mojo84 »

apostate wrote:For all that I'm not thrilled with his lack of progress on gun rights, I have to applaud the Trump administration for not pussy footing around the truth. Jerusalem is the capital of Israel. Taiwan is not part of mainland China. McCain is dying. Iran supports terrorism.
We must consider the political climate in which he has been operating when assessing his progress. Here is an interesting analysis of his 1st year.

http://www.heritage.org/impact/heritage ... -attention
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

rotor
Posts in topic: 68

Post by rotor »

apostate wrote:For all that I'm not thrilled with his lack of progress on gun rights, I have to applaud the Trump administration for not pussy footing around the truth. Jerusalem is the capital of Israel. Taiwan is not part of mainland China. McCain is dying. Iran supports terrorism.
What exactly do you think could get passed by congress? Democrats are stalling everything.

apostate
Posts in topic: 17

Post by apostate »

What can be done with a phone and a pen can be undone with a phone and a pen.

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Pawpaw »

apostate wrote:What can be done with a phone and a pen can be undone with a phone and a pen.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

apostate wrote:What can be done with a phone and a pen can be undone with a phone and a pen.
What specifically are you wanting Trump to do with his pen and phone? Are we now operating on what is good for the goose is good for the gander theory?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

jason812
Posts in topic: 37

Post by jason812 »

mojo84 wrote:
What specifically are you wanting Trump to do with his pen and phone? Are we now operating on what is good for the goose is good for the gander theory?
How about undo the ITAR rule changes that basically made a gunsmith classified as a firearm manufacturer and pay a $2500 tax?

Getting out of the Iran deal was a good one to undo.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

flechero
Posts in topic: 77

Post by flechero »

Trump has done more in a year than his predecessor did in 8. And he's done it with no support, a witch hunt going on and half his own party against him... and only a partial cabinet!

I think trump should systematically target each democrats pet programs and let them know he's going to mess it all up if they don't break the stalemate. At some point the country has to see that he's doing good and they are benefiting, even if they hate him.

I think it will come around from the outside... meaning the rest of the world will begin to rally around him and that will push the left into step. You're already seeing lots of leaders changing their tune on him.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 76

Post by Abraham »

Trump is as good as Reagan for waking up the sleepy...um, ah, stretch, belch, who.?

Real kick butt guys scare the heck out of leftists wimps.

Norks, Iranian Mullars let them complain...weaklings all....

They see an unafraid of the their nonsense President.

Back off, third tier tyrants and between us and the Israelis, your turn at the helm is over...

Please, oh please, try something....

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

jason812 wrote:
mojo84 wrote:
How about undo the ITAR rule changes that basically made a gunsmith classified as a firearm manufacturer and pay a $2500 tax?

I am not familiar with ITAR. Is this something that Trump promised to abolish or undo? Are you saying all gunsmiths fall under ITAR and have to pay the $2500 tax? When were the rules changed regarding gunsmiths? I am interested in learning more about this and how Trump can use his pen and phone to change it for the better.

jason812
Posts in topic: 37

Post by jason812 »

mojo84 wrote:
jason812 wrote:
mojo84 wrote:

I am not familiar with ITAR. Is this something that Trump promised to abolish or undo? Are you saying all gunsmiths fall under ITAR and have to pay the $2500 tax? When were the rules changed regarding gunsmiths? I am interested in learning more about this and how Trump can use his pen and phone to change it for the better.
If you change parts no. If you make a chip (machining work), yes.
Which is why the guidance issued by the DDTC, part of the U.S. Department of State, in July 2016 seemed to catch many folks by surprise. In one sweepingly confusing motion, DDTC seemed to rewrite the common understanding of what it meant to be a manufacturer of firearms parts.

Read more: http://www.recoilweb.com/are-gunsmiths- ... z5Fbp5xcue
I'm not certain if this was an executive order or just another alphabet agency making regulations without Congress but I can make a bet Obama had his fingers all in this. I've read the Trump administration is trying to fix it but it's his State Department, it can be fixed if he wanted it to. Full disclosure, I haven't heard Trump personally mention rolling this back.

Regardless, we need give control of regulations back to Congress and not the ABC agencies who require no vote and cannot be held accountable for their actions. Their actions are almost always against the tax paying citizens.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

BBYC
Posts in topic: 28

Post by BBYC »

As the head of the Executive Branch, can't Trump use a pen and a phone to direct the heads of Executive Agencies to modify their agency's rules and regulations?

I'm not saying to defy the Legislative Branch, but to the extent agencies have rulemaking authority in the law, it seems POTUS has authority to dictate policy and priorities to those agency heads who serve at the pleasure of the president.
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1534

Post by philip964 »

The complaint de jour about Trump is: his comment that MS 13 members who illegally enter the country are “animals”.

Naturally the video is chopped up so that he says “illegal aliens are animals”.

All my liberal Facebook friends are going crazy over this as usual.

Mueller has now had a year to find anything illegal Trump has done. So far he seems to be just going after all of Trumps friends and associates in an attempt to get dirt on him and hamper his ability to be President.

Sessions should resign.

2farnorth
Posts in topic: 35

Post by 2farnorth »

It's time Mueller and his cronies to be shut down. He's spending millions that should be used to fight REAL crime. If he wants to continue his "investigation" then he can get funding from Soros and the media partners.
N5PNZ

Return to “Off-Topic”