Today in Trump's new term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

User avatar

Pawpaw
Senior Member
Posts: 5229
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:16 am
Location: Hunt County

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Postby Pawpaw » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:22 pm

Jusme wrote:
philip964 wrote:‘Unelected, unqualified’: The Internet’s reaction to Ivanka Trump taking her dad’s seat at G-20 - The Washington Post - http://www.washingtonpost.com
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... 70f6c085ae

But if it was Chelsea Clinton it would have been celebrated.



I don't recall any outrage when Bill sat in on high level meetings instead of his wife, who was really in charge. :biggrinjester:

Since I retired from the Air Force in 1994, I've been telling people it was because I couldn't stand our president or her husband. Most people get it.
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin 1759

NRA Benefactor Life Member

User avatar

dale blanker
Senior Member
Posts: 251
Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 1:49 am
Location: central Texas

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Postby dale blanker » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:57 pm

May you stay forever young... Joan Baez


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts: 5206
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Postby philip964 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:56 am

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/russi ... ve-n781631

Trump is back from what appeared to be a great trip to Europe (depends on whose news you listened to) and immediately the Russian thing pops up again this time with Donald Trump Jr. Near as I can tell Donald Trump Jr. met with a Russian lawyer who said she had some bad stuff on Hillary. Apparently there is an email from Donald Trump Jr. about the meeting. Donald Trump Jr. has hired a defense attorney.

Not sure if anything that has been mentioned is illegal, but of course it does not look good now that a Trump was looking for bad stuff on Hillary from the potential Russian government. It might show the Russians wanted Trump to win.

Some have thought the whole thing was a dirty trick played by the Dems to trap Donald Trump Jr.

User avatar

Pawpaw
Senior Member
Posts: 5229
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:16 am
Location: Hunt County

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Postby Pawpaw » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:37 pm

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin 1759

NRA Benefactor Life Member


WTR
Senior Member
Posts: 965
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:41 pm

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Postby WTR » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:54 pm



I would expect nothing less from the criminal. I was hoping for better from Trump. He needs to give his kids and SIL a quick exit from DC.

User avatar

G26ster
Senior Member
Posts: 2352
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:28 pm
Location: DFW

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Postby G26ster » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:42 pm

On several occasions recently I've put RUSSIAN dressing on my salad, and had a deli sandwich with the same and I never reported it to anyone! All of my grandparents are from RUSSIA, and I spoke to them on many occasions! Also not reported. One time, while flying in Alaska, I flew to Little Diomede Island in the Bering Strait only 2miles from RUSSIA! No flight plan except for company flight following! We also had RUSSIAN pilots who flew with us as an exchange! They gave me a RUSSIAN slide rule (flight computer) and a small RUSSIAN red star pin when they left as gifts and I never reported them! I have purchased 2 RUSSIAN pistols and one RUSSIAN rifle, using my CHL, so no 4473, so nobody knew! Is this considered collusion with the RUSSIANS? I'm scared!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

(sarcasm off)

User avatar

dale blanker
Senior Member
Posts: 251
Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 1:49 am
Location: central Texas

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Postby dale blanker » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:03 pm

G26ster wrote:On several occasions recently I've put RUSSIAN dressing on my salad, and had a deli sandwich with the same and I never reported it to anyone! All of my grandparents are from RUSSIA, and I spoke to them on many occasions! Also not reported. One time, while flying in Alaska, I flew to Little Diomede Island in the Bering Strait only 2miles from RUSSIA! No flight plan except for company flight following! We also had RUSSIAN pilots who flew with us as an exchange! They gave me a RUSSIAN slide rule (flight computer) and a small RUSSIAN red star pin when they left as gifts and I never reported them! I have purchased 2 RUSSIAN pistols and one RUSSIAN rifle, using my CHL, so no 4473, so nobody knew! Is this considered collusion with the RUSSIANS? I'm scared!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

(sarcasm off)

:nono: Lock him up!

(kidding)
May you stay forever young... Joan Baez

User avatar

Pawpaw
Senior Member
Posts: 5229
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:16 am
Location: Hunt County

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Postby Pawpaw » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:44 pm

Image
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -Benjamin Franklin 1759

NRA Benefactor Life Member


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts: 5206
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Postby philip964 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:31 pm

dale blanker wrote:
G26ster wrote:On several occasions recently I've put RUSSIAN dressing on my salad, and had a deli sandwich with the same and I never reported it to anyone! All of my grandparents are from RUSSIA, and I spoke to them on many occasions! Also not reported. One time, while flying in Alaska, I flew to Little Diomede Island in the Bering Strait only 2miles from RUSSIA! No flight plan except for company flight following! We also had RUSSIAN pilots who flew with us as an exchange! They gave me a RUSSIAN slide rule (flight computer) and a small RUSSIAN red star pin when they left as gifts and I never reported them! I have purchased 2 RUSSIAN pistols and one RUSSIAN rifle, using my CHL, so no 4473, so nobody knew! Is this considered collusion with the RUSSIANS? I'm scared!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

(sarcasm off)

:nono: Lock him up!

(kidding)


I visited the actual country of Russia 3 months before the election, and I liked the place.....I even bought a wooden Putin doll.

User avatar

oljames3
Senior Member
Posts: 982
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:21 pm
Location: Elgin, Texas
Contact:

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Postby oljames3 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:52 pm

Back in the 70s and 80s I was part of a United States federal exchange program, in the Federal Republic of Germany, through which we offered the Russians the opportunity to exchange certain US products for theirs. We also offered to demonstrate the use of classified nuclear devices for which we offered express shipping at no charge. Despite our expressions of willingness to deliver large quantities in a timely manner free of charge, no one ever showed up to accept our offers. Does that make me a bad person?

We would regularly display samples of our wares in well established open-air markets. Transporting our wares from our distribution facilities to these open-air markets brought them closer to the Russians and we fully expected that we would have interested customers. None ever showed up. Maybe our cover charge was too high or they did not like our pay-to-play arrangements.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA Distinguished Life Member (Disabled Vet), TSRA, NAR L1

User avatar

Flightmare
Senior Member
Posts: 1167
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: Plano, TX

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Postby Flightmare » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:01 am

oljames3 wrote:Back in the 70s and 80s I was part of a United States federal exchange program, in the Federal Republic of Germany, through which we offered the Russians the opportunity to exchange certain US products for theirs. We also offered to demonstrate the use of classified nuclear devices for which we offered express shipping at no charge. Despite our expressions of willingness to deliver large quantities in a timely manner free of charge, no one ever showed up to accept our offers. Does that make me a bad person?

We would regularly display samples of our wares in well established open-air markets. Transporting our wares from our distribution facilities to these open-air markets brought them closer to the Russians and we fully expected that we would have interested customers. None ever showed up. Maybe our cover charge was too high or they did not like our pay-to-play arrangements.


"rlol"
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

User avatar

TexasJohnBoy
Senior Member
Posts: 1621
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:21 pm
Location: North Texas

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Postby TexasJohnBoy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:12 pm

Obamacare repeal (in any form) is dead
http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/34 ... hcare-bill

It's going to be an interesting mid-term election.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

User avatar

dale blanker
Senior Member
Posts: 251
Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 1:49 am
Location: central Texas

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Postby dale blanker » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:33 pm

TexasJohnBoy wrote:Obamacare repeal (in any form) is dead
http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/34 ... hcare-bill

It's going to be an interesting mid-term election.

Well, one would think there would be consequences for broken promises and/or poor performance but nothing seems to matter anymore.
May you stay forever young... Joan Baez


jason812
Senior Member
Posts: 464
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:41 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Postby jason812 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:52 pm

TexasJohnBoy wrote:Obamacare repeal (in any form) is dead
http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/34 ... hcare-bill

It's going to be an interesting mid-term election.


Hopefully it's taken care of in the primaries.

How many repeal votes did the Republicans have knowing the previous president would not sign or veto the bill? Now that there is a president that will sign a repeal, they are afraid of being labelled as cold hearted or they really do not want it repealed. I'm thinking the latter.

User avatar

TexasJohnBoy
Senior Member
Posts: 1621
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:21 pm
Location: North Texas

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Postby TexasJohnBoy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:26 pm

TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14


Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: philbo, Take Down Sicko and 5 guests