Today in Trump's 1st term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mojo84
Posts in topic: 253

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Post by mojo84 »

Jusme wrote:
mojo84 wrote:Trump's new communications director may not be so 2nd Amendment friendly. Hopefully he won't have Abby influence in this area.

I don't follow teeeter, so I can't verify the accuracy of that twitting. But it sounds a lot like left wing drivel to me.
Even if it can be attributed to the new press secretary, he has no legislative control. JMHO
It is from his verified account or I wouldn't have posted it. I saw it because John Lott, also a authentic account, retweeted it and commented on it.

He also tweeted this today.

I'm not implying he has any authority or legislative power. Only pointing out something notable to those that appreciate the right to keep and bear arms.
Last edited by mojo84 on Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

dale blanker
Banned
Posts in topic: 156

Post by dale blanker »

Beiruty wrote:Trump has to stop self-inflicted wounds. Too many mayhem is going on in the west wing.
:iagree:
Are we headed for a Constitutional crisis when the president fires the special prosecutor (Mueller) for digging into Trump family business finances? This was just predicted by conservative columnist David Brooks on PBS tonight and I hope Brooks is wrong... the country has enough problems to deal with.

Too bad there is so much time wasted on this Russia thing...
"Fellowship, Leadership, Scholarship, Service." Anyone?

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 13

Post by ScottDLS »

dale blanker wrote:
Beiruty wrote:Trump has to stop self-inflicted wounds. Too many mayhem is going on in the west wing.
:iagree:
Are we headed for a Constitutional crisis when the president fires the special prosecutor (Mueller) for digging into Trump family business finances? This was just predicted by conservative columnist David Brooks on PBS tonight and I hope Brooks is wrong... the country has enough problems to deal with.

Too bad there is so much time wasted on this Russia thing...
David Brooks is not a conservative columnist any more than Morning Joe and Mika are conservative commentators..... :roll:

It may or may not be a good political idea to fire the special counsel, but it is perfectly legal. Are the Democrats going to get a Federal judge in Hawaii to send the Marshals to arrest Trump. What if they get in a shootout with the secret service? :evil2:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

dale blanker
Banned

Post by dale blanker »

ScottDLS wrote: David Brooks is not a conservative columnist
Ok, corrected, he's a conservative author, see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Bro ... mmentator)
When asked what he thinks of charges that he's "not a real conservative", Brooks has said that "if you define conservative by support for the Republican candidate or the belief that tax cuts are the correct answer to all problems, I guess I don’t fit that agenda. But I do think that I’m part of a long-standing conservative tradition that has to do with Edmund Burke... and Alexander Hamilton."

Conservatism is in the eye of the beholder(?).

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 173

Post by Bitter Clinger »

dale blanker wrote:
ScottDLS wrote: David Brooks is not a conservative columnist
Ok, corrected, he's a conservative author, see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Bro ... mmentator)
When asked what he thinks of charges that he's "not a real conservative", Brooks has said that "if you define conservative by support for the Republican candidate or the belief that tax cuts are the correct answer to all problems, I guess I don’t fit that agenda. But I do think that I’m part of a long-standing conservative tradition that has to do with Edmund Burke... and Alexander Hamilton."

Conservatism is in the eye of the beholder(?).
Dale,

As usual, always wrong, never in doubt. Hamilton was a Federalist. Probably would have felt right at home with Santa Ana.

Show us your EDC.
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1534

Post by philip964 »

After Trump Injects Politics Into Speech, Boy Scouts Face Blowback - The New York Times
https://apple.news/ATnM4rBxfRSe5UjDsIuk97g

Trump speaks at National Boy Scout Jamboree, Scouts cheer.

Everyone in the media upset.

Lots of rumors Sessions will resign or be fired.

Did Obama ever speak to the Scouts? Yes, Obama spoke to scouts in 2010.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Trump bans transgender from the military.

I read where a new aircraft carrier just went to sea with only gender neutral restrooms.

Does everyone realize how close we were to the edge of the cliff of no return.

Trump has pulled us back.

Press seems to equate this to the opposite of Truman's Executive order 9981 integrating the military.

They believe this will be judged harshly by history.

I realize now that history is written by the victorious, so I am hoping history will write that he is the best president of the 21 century.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 213

Post by bblhd672 »

philip964 wrote:I realize now that history is written by the victorious, so I am hoping history will write that he is the best president of the 21 century.
That victory will require the tree of liberty to be refreshed.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

oljames3
Posts in topic: 20

Post by oljames3 »

bblhd672 wrote:That victory will require the tree of liberty to be refreshed.
Tom Jefferson was right.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/267397/ ... greenfield

Another time bomb by Obummer set to go off in his replacement's term in office.
The ban on transgender service that President Trump reaffirmed was there for eight years under Obama. It was there in his first term and his second term. And the media said nothing.

Only in the summer of last year did the ban technically end. And, in practice, it remained in force. All the while there was no angry clamor about the suffering of potential recruits who couldn’t enlist. Those who are fuming with outrage now had hypocritically remained silent. Obama had done it. So it must be good.

Obama had kept the ban in place for almost his entire two terms in office. And he found a way to retain it throughout his final months. With a year’s review, the transgender recruits could only be accepted after he was out of the White House. That way he could have his social justice cake and eat it too. He would get the credit for ending the transgender ban without dealing with any of the problems.
Military readiness demands personnel who can deploy on short notice without ongoing medical problems holding them back. It wants recruits in prime health who can give all they have. Medical issues don’t just drive up costs so that hard choices have to be made. They also cost lives.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

dale blanker
Banned

Post by dale blanker »

Draining the swamp...
This week:
1. Health care on life support
2. Sessions under the gun
3. Mueller a worry
4. Junior loving R
5. Kelly in, Priebus on the road
6. Transgenders out of military (?)
7. Boy Scout leaders regretting
8. Mooch speaking trash, even for Bannon

I'm glad to see a big shakeup in DC but save the pieces...

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usatoday ... 535591001/

Kelly in as new Chief of Staff which leads to:

https://www.google.com/amp/nypost.com/2 ... iring/amp/

Mooch fired. Interesting hire in the first place.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washin ... on-levels/

Trump supports bill to change immigration to a merit system similar to Australia and Canada. Naturally MSM pretty upset.

Did I miss anything?

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

http://www.guns.com/2017/08/03/trumps-s ... -violence/
“I think you have to start by separating the tool from the perpetrator,” Adams said. “Cars are not a public health problem. Car accidents are a public health problem. Guns and gun owners aren’t inherently a public health problem, but the violence that results absolutely is.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.wsj.com/articles/special-co ... 1501788287

Mueller impanels a grand jury.

I guess we will see soon if he's a good guy or a bad guy.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

http://www.westernjournalism.com/the-fi ... omplished/
If one feeds only at the informational troughs of the mainstream media, one might assume the only thing our 45th President has done during his first six months is make controversial tweets and buck allegations of Russian “collusion.” Neither of those affects the average American, but much of what Trump has accomplished or set in motion does, or will. Space constraints prevent a comprehensive enumeration, so what follows are only highlights.

Return to “Off-Topic”