Today in Trump's 1st term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

parabelum
Posts in topic: 37

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

Post by parabelum »

dale blanker wrote:
rotor wrote:
dale blanker wrote:
philip964 wrote:https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-wont ... 1507908636

Trump won't certify Iran deal.
Ok, Congress has more to do besides NK, tax reform, infrastructure, healthcare, hurricanes, and oh yes, budget. Now it's foreign policy too...

See:
https://www.vox.com/world/2017/10/13/16 ... -decertify
Perhaps Mr. Obama should have thought of this when devising a "treaty" that did not have the advise and consent of the senate. I am sure that the veterans wounded by Iran IED's support Trump. Israel does. Europe only cares about the dollars to be made in Iran. As long as we hear "Death to America" for the millionth time I won't be upset about cancellation of this stupid deal. The bad thing is that this will hurt the Iranian people who are really good people under an oppressive government. This Iran deal was about as good as the N.K. deal and look where we are with that.
Congress advise and conscent? Read the article.
"That requirement is a matter of US law — specifically a law called the Iran Nuclear Agreement Review Act (INARA), put in place in May 2015 to give Congress oversight over an Obama administration agreement of which many members were skeptical. INARA requires the president to publicly certify every 90 days that Iran is in technical compliance with the deal and, more broadly, that “suspension of sanctions [is] appropriate and proportionate to the specific and verifiable measures taken by Iran with respect to terminating its illicit nuclear program” as well as “vital to the national security interests of the United States.”
The agreement was supposed to focus on nuclear development, not all Iran behavior. It apparently provided more insight to Iran's nuclear program than we had previously achieved "trusting but verifying" Russia's. Note that the Secretary of Defense, retired USMC General Mattis, had testified before Congress than certification should be made.

DB,

Iran “deal” that the bum rammed through, with a little help of fellow travelers from both sides might I add, was and is unconstitutional.

By the by,

Nuclear development is part of Iran’s behavior. Just a side note.

rotor
Posts in topic: 68

Post by rotor »

dale blanker wrote:
rotor wrote:
dale blanker wrote:
philip964 wrote:https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-wont ... 1507908636

Trump won't certify Iran deal.
Ok, Congress has more to do besides NK, tax reform, infrastructure, healthcare, hurricanes, and oh yes, budget. Now it's foreign policy too...

See:
https://www.vox.com/world/2017/10/13/16 ... -decertify
Perhaps Mr. Obama should have thought of this when devising a "treaty" that did not have the advise and consent of the senate. I am sure that the veterans wounded by Iran IED's support Trump. Israel does. Europe only cares about the dollars to be made in Iran. As long as we hear "Death to America" for the millionth time I won't be upset about cancellation of this stupid deal. The bad thing is that this will hurt the Iranian people who are really good people under an oppressive government. This Iran deal was about as good as the N.K. deal and look where we are with that.
Congress advise and conscent? Read the article.
"That requirement is a matter of US law — specifically a law called the Iran Nuclear Agreement Review Act (INARA), put in place in May 2015 to give Congress oversight over an Obama administration agreement of which many members were skeptical. INARA requires the president to publicly certify every 90 days that Iran is in technical compliance with the deal and, more broadly, that “suspension of sanctions [is] appropriate and proportionate to the specific and verifiable measures taken by Iran with respect to terminating its illicit nuclear program” as well as “vital to the national security interests of the United States.”
The agreement was supposed to focus on nuclear development, not all Iran behavior. It apparently provided more insight to Iran's nuclear program than we had previously achieved "trusting but verifying" Russia's. Note that the Secretary of Defense, retired USMC General Mattis, had testified before Congress than certification should be made.
Obama essentially on his own without congress made a "treaty" with Iran. He used his phone and pen to go against the will of congress. That's why all of the money was given out right away as he knew that the next president might reverse things. Trump can not get the money back but he can leave it to congress to reimpose sanctions. Europe will not care as they want the $$$ that Iran business deals will bring in. That's the way I read the whole thing. All a bad deal for the U.S. No trust and verify. We should trust the government that held our embassy people in confinement for over a year? Death to America slogans. Americans locked up in jail for no reason. Responsible for all of our dead and wounded military men and women. This is as bad a deal as we did with N.K. and look where we are now.

dale blanker
Banned
Posts in topic: 156

Post by dale blanker »

rotor wrote: Obama essentially on his own without congress made a "treaty" with Iran.
Huh? What about UK, France, China, Russia, and Germany? Don't they deserve some of your distain too?
"Fellowship, Leadership, Scholarship, Service." Anyone?

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

dale blanker wrote:
rotor wrote: Obama essentially on his own without congress made a "treaty" with Iran.
Huh? What about UK, France, China, Russia, and Germany? Don't they deserve some of your distain too?

Well, we don’t live in “UK, France, China, Russia, and Germany”, so what their top quislings do concerns me less.

rotor

Post by rotor »

dale blanker wrote:
They are only interested in what they can sell in Iran. They couldn't care less if Iran dropped the bomb on the US or Israel. As a matter of fact, they might welcome it. Money counts. That is all that counts for these countries.

dale blanker
Banned
Posts in topic: 156

Post by dale blanker »

rotor wrote:
dale blanker wrote:
They are only interested in what they can sell in Iran. They couldn't care less if Iran dropped the bomb on the US or Israel. As a matter of fact, they might welcome it. Money counts. That is all that counts for these countries.
Oh yeah, that's right, they don't have any problems with radical Islam, only the USA does. So, a little fallout from a nulcear blast in the US is no big deal to them. :banghead:

Stop the world I want to get off...
"Fellowship, Leadership, Scholarship, Service." Anyone?

spectre
Banned
Posts in topic: 14

Post by spectre »

I'm in a good place right now
Not emotionally or financially
But I am at the gun store

rotor

Post by rotor »

dale blanker wrote:
rotor wrote:
dale blanker wrote:
Oh yeah, that's right, they don't have any problems with radical Islam, only the USA does. So, a little fallout from a nulcear blast in the US is no big deal to them. :banghead:

Stop the world I want to get off...
So Cuba deals with North Korea and who knows where they get their stuff. They don't seem to worry too much about nuclear fallout from something that hits the US. Russia and China keep supporting all the bad boys and they don't seem to worry about nuclear fallout. Europeans only care about business deals. Airbus sales to Iran. You are the classic lefty dale. I was the same way when I was very young too.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 76

Post by Abraham »

As a very young student in my early twenties, I too was left of center.

Then I grew up.

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Guys, I apologize for a derailment, but db’d profile says he’s 81, and that ought to be old enough to know better.

Back to this “deal”. I have no idea why anyone would be in favor unless they are either directly making money from it, or are sympathetic to that regime, or both..

Abraham
Posts in topic: 76

Post by Abraham »

81 could easily be 18 if one has dyslexia or ...?

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1534

Post by philip964 »

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/17/politics/ ... index.html

Initially the headline was Trump calls family of fallen soldier and insults them. Then it moved to Trump declares war on family of fallen soldier. Now it is apparently a dispute between a Trump hating Democratic Representative and Trump on what he actually said to a family of a fallen soldier or whether it was taken out of context.

Apparently their were other people in the room when the family took the call that disputes what the Representative has said.

It revolves around the phrase "what he signed up for".

Apparently their has also been a lot of talk about how much Obama did for fallen soldiers and that he really supported the families of fallen soldiers. That's not my memory.

I distinctly remember that Obama did not attend the funeral of the first General to die in war since Vietnam. A mother from Seal Team 6 whose son died, laughed when asked if Obama had ever called her and if she had been invited to the White House. She said however that Trump had invited her to the White House.

Interesting how the main stream media has trashed something positive Trump is doing for our nation's heroes and is turning it into something negative about him, when his predecessor did almost nothing for our heroes.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1534

Post by philip964 »

Trump just publicly accused the FBI of having conspired against him - Vox
https://apple.news/AmmDafN-xS1qI8MrJ_EEl0g

Apparently the authors of the Trump Dossier took the 5th.

Wouldn't know from the headline.

BBYC
Posts in topic: 28

Post by BBYC »

How are they doing on that Drain The Swamp thing?
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 17

Post by crazy2medic »

I fail to see how the "what he signed up for" is in anyway a insult or a disparagement, My nephew went off to Iraq and Afghanistan, I told my sister he made this choice, he knew full well that he was going to combat, he knew full well he could get killed, he chose to join the Marine Corp. It's what he signed up for! She said I know but this is hard, I told her I know but this is his Choice!
Told both of the women I have been married to that being a firefighter was my career choice, that I chose to enter burning buildings that everybody else were trying to get out of, If I die in the line of duty, I knew the odds when I made the choice, My Choice! Celebrate my life and move on!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Return to “Off-Topic”