Help a brother out......

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Help a brother out......

Post by C-dub »

TreyHouston wrote:I can't believe i listened to leny talk to almost 30 min!!!!! Who is dumb, the telemarketer or ME!! "rlol" "rlol"
The telemarketer. You're only listening for the laugh.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

I rarely answer the phone as we screen all calls with our answering machine.

Why some people feel "obligated to answer" all calls is a mystery to me, unless it's to spoof telemarketers of course...

Also, if I where the phone is and I see an 800 number or private caller, etc. I absolutely don't answer.

Now, I fully appreciate this method isn't applicable to TAM's needs, but it works for those of us not in business.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Oldgringo »

Abraham wrote:I rarely answer the phone as we screen all calls with our answering machine.

Why some people feel "obligated to answer" all calls is a mystery to me, unless it's to spoof telemarketers of course...

Also, if I where the phone is and I see an 800 number or private caller, etc. I absolutely don't answer.

Now, I fully appreciate this method isn't applicable to TAM's needs, but it works for those of us not in business.
:iagree: We've long since given up our land line. If I don't recognize the incoming call, I don't answer it. That's what voice mail is for, isn't it?

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

I'm apparently stuck in the past regarding a land line.

I have a prepaid cell phone for emergencies, but primarily rely on me old land line...some of us geezers need them.

Of course, I remember when you'd pick up the receiver and the operator would come on the line and would ask: Number please and you'd give her (it was always a her...) the alpha numeric.

Ah, those were the days my friend.

Later, we got mucho modern with rotary dial phones - no more operator to ask you for the phone number.

Now, we've got these smart-alecky cell phones. Humbug!

Alright, enough nostalgia...

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Oldgringo wrote:
Abraham wrote:I rarely answer the phone as we screen all calls with our answering machine.

:iagree: We've long since given up our land line. If I don't recognize the incoming call, I don't answer it. That's what voice mail is for, isn't it?
:iagree: I last had a land line when I was running a Bulletin Board System.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

:iagree:

I do the same thing, both at home, and at work. At work, I will answer calls from my boss and my wife if I am not in a meeting. Everyone else gets ignored. I just find that e-mail is much more efficient. One nice benefit is that it makes people organize their thoughts before they send them to me, instead of rambling about for 5-10 minutes with something that could be stated in 2 sentences.

My wife used to answer all calls at home, but I have noticed that I am starting to rub off on her.

Return to “Off-Topic”