'American Guns' reality star convicted of selling firearms illegally, evading taxes

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

'American Guns' reality star convicted of selling firearms illegally, evading taxes

Post by The Annoyed Man »

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... taxes.html
The star of the reality TV show “American Guns” faces up to 15 years in prison after his conviction last week on firearms and tax evasion charges.

Richard Wyatt, 53, ran a Denver-area gun shop called Gunsmoke that was the setting for the Discovery Channel show for two seasons in 2011 and 2012.

He was found guilty Friday of selling guns without a license and failing to disclose $1.1 million in income to the IRS after a trial in Denver Federal Court, The Denver Post reports.
I wondered why that show disappeared. I wasn't a fan - mostly because no father ought to let his teenaged daughter dress that way for TV.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

bblhd672

Re: 'American Guns' reality star convicted of selling firearms illegally, evading taxes

Post by bblhd672 »

I think I saw one episode of that show a few years ago, wasn't impressed enough to watch anymore.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

carlson1

Re: 'American Guns' reality star convicted of selling firearms illegally, evading taxes

Post by carlson1 »

I have seen the show one time. I had a J-Frame that was from the S&W custom shop that used his logo and it was a great little revolver, but sold it because of the lock on it.

Bolton Strid

Post by Bolton Strid »

Some background on that sorry situation, from back in March 2015 - http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/0 ... y-tv-show/
Smoke Rings in the Dark

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Sounds like he was playing all angles. Sold the store during a divorce, probably to keep his ex-wife from seeing any proceeds, lost his FFL several years before, conspired with other FFL holders to sell guns, signed a contract with the Discovery Channel on the pretense of being legit, and then I guess "forgot" that the IRS wants you to file a tax return?

I know sometimes, the ATF, and IRS may do a lot of overreach, and selective prosecution, but I don't think that is the case here. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

The $1,000,000 question is why did he lose his FFL? Is it really that hard to keep up? Especially if you have a reality show. Why do i suspect substance abuse?
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

SIGFan43

Post by SIGFan43 »

I wonder if he was having other dealers do the paperwork for guns he sold. How was he in collusion with other dealers, I wonder.
SIGFan43
Where am I going, and why am I in this handbasket?

mupepe

Post by mupepe »

ScottDLS wrote:The $1,000,000 question is why did he lose his FFL? Is it really that hard to keep up? Especially if you have a reality show. Why do i suspect substance abuse?
Because you'd have to be high to make so many poor decisions.

Zoo

Post by Zoo »

I met Rich Wyatt several years ago at the Whittington Center, before he had a show. He had a used car salesman vibe but I wouldn't have guessed he would sink this low. I feel sorry for his kids.
The city is not a concrete jungle. It is a human zoo.

Return to “Off-Topic”