OK GOP. You win

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

warnmar10
Posts in topic: 1

Re: OK GOP. You win

Post by warnmar10 »

The Republican party is the home of conservatives but it is by no means a conservative party. Red state Republican voters need to step up and vote for conservatives in the primaries. Texas has a few conservatives in congress but we can to better. Oh, and repeal the 17th amendment!

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 4

Post by bblhd672 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:
suthdj wrote:There is no dems or repubs anymore just globalists an nationalist.
:iagree:
Read this: https://imprimis.hillsdale.edu/think-vladimir-putin/

It very clearly defines the conflict between progressivism and sovereignty.

Excellent article - I have been telling people that Putin and Russia are not the enemies of the American people.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

bblhd672 wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:
suthdj wrote:There is no dems or repubs anymore just globalists an nationalist.
:iagree:
Read this: https://imprimis.hillsdale.edu/think-vladimir-putin/

It very clearly defines the conflict between progressivism and sovereignty.

Excellent article - I have been telling people that Putin and Russia are not the enemies of the American people.
Lies! CNN and MSNBHEEHAW told me they are!

And that was a good read.
Last edited by TexasJohnBoy on Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 8

Post by The Annoyed Man »

mojo84 wrote:TAM, I don't think the GOP proposal would have helped you or me much if any.
And that's disappointing, isn't it? I mean, after running since 2010 on repealing it, and sucking up probably hundreds of millions of $$ in political donations to PACs and candidate election/re-election committees, spent toward the goal of getting rid of Obamacare as the centerpiece of the 2016 campaign.........and they can't get it done? And the best the republicans can do is try to serve up some kind of horrible hermaphroditic monstrosity version of Obamacare Light?

Either way, we still "get to have" Obamacare, I still don't have insurance because the gov't won't let me have a subsidy and they've priced insurance out of the reach of most people without the subsidy, I still have to pay a fine to the IRS, and all of that is now entirely the fault of the republicans. On 1/19/17, it was the democrats' fault. But since 1/20/19, the republicans have had a democrat majority in both houses of Congress AND the presidency. Today the republicans get 100% of the blame. They could have fixed it. They did not. They cheezed out. Frankly, I don't care if it was because party liberals have hijacked the party, or if it is because the party moderates have no nuts, or if it's because the party conservatives can't make nice with the other two factions. ALL of them in the aggregate showed themselves unworthy of the offices to which they conned the voters into electing them.

The Republican Party is in deep, DEEP trouble; and the party leaders are in such denial that they can't bring themselves to understand just how disappointed a large number of people are with their feckless ineptitude........disappointed enough to leave the party, like I did 4 years ago. Because of that feckless ineptitude, the GOP brand is damaged. With every failure, people will trust them less and less to have the fortitude to get things done. Failing to get Obamacare repealed was a massive failure.

They walked into a meeting with Trump, and Steve Bannon told them the bald truth: you HAVE to get this passed, and you really don't have a choice. He wasn't issuing orders, he was telling them what the political realities are. But apparently, that coven of short-sighted narcissists got their backs up because "I don't like getting told what to do". The stupid idiots. They were so worried about someone telling them what they've got to do to survive that they cut off their own noses to spite their faces. They deserve to lose. :roll:

Oh well, 2018 is just around the corner. Maybe we can fire some of the incompetent pus-bags.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

rotor
Posts in topic: 5

Post by rotor »

TAM, I sense your rage. So you leave the party. Where are you going to go? Either it's a democrat or a republican. As far as the tax, I thought (but may be wrong) that Trump cancelled that by executive order. The no insurance issue is something my wife faced. She is now a member of Medishare which is open to Christians and is worth looking into. She started on Jan 1, 2017 when United Health Care left the market. Medishare is not insurance but if there is still an IRS tax Medishare members don't have to pay it. Their plan looks better than most insurance plans and they use the Multiplan network and most doctors and hospitals accept and are signed with that network. Actually was about 1/2 the price of my wife's previous United plan.

Mxrdad
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Mxrdad »

:grumble :grumble :grumble

It didn't help when Trump says, "The Democrats now own Obamacare. It's on them". I don't care who owns it, that does not help. I don't know enough about this Freedom Caucus but I did not like what I saw. Who the heck do they think they are?

We had to cancel our renewal on Healthcare Insurance because we can't afford it. Plain and simple. Now we are praying nothing happens to us (wife and I) until something gets done. My son works for a large electrical contractor. His quote for insurance for him and family (2 young kids) was $ 325.00 per WEEK. He can not afford it either so they too will have to go without insurance. That's 2 families out that won't be contributing to the horrible cause. It gets beyond frustrating when this happens and I know we are not alone. Meanwhile, every one of those in office get FREE healthcare. GGGRRRRR.

I hope Ryan does step down. I hope more heads roll. Us "little folks" just don't have the clout to do much of anything. And I know it starts at the voting booth but that hasn't been working too well either. The only thing I can think of is for more folks to refuse renewing their insurance but who wants to do that? And who in their right mind would actually do that? But if enough drop out, who will pay the bill then? Bailouts? I'm just trying to figure a way to hit em in the wallet. Feels like fighting a forest fire with a squirt gun. :grumble :grumble :grumble
Just some guy's opinion.

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TreyHouston »

rotor wrote:TAM, I sense your rage. So you leave the party. Where are you going to go? Either it's a democrat or a republican. As far as the tax, I thought (but may be wrong) that Trump cancelled that by executive order. The no insurance issue is something my wife faced. She is now a member of Medishare which is open to Christians and is worth looking into. She started on Jan 1, 2017 when United Health Care left the market. Medishare is not insurance but if there is still an IRS tax Medishare members don't have to pay it. Their plan looks better than most insurance plans and they use the Multiplan network and most doctors and hospitals accept and are signed with that network. Actually was about 1/2 the price of my wife's previous United plan.
Thats a pretty crazy "policy", it says that it is NOT health insurance but they will review medical records if needed and there is a NO smoking, NO alcohol and NO "relationship activities " outside of biblical guidelines allowed... oh, and you have to submit a medical examination before.... huh... :headscratch
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

rotor

Post by rotor »

TreyHouston wrote:
rotor wrote:TAM, I sense your rage. So you leave the party. Where are you going to go? Either it's a democrat or a republican. As far as the tax, I thought (but may be wrong) that Trump cancelled that by executive order. The no insurance issue is something my wife faced. She is now a member of Medishare which is open to Christians and is worth looking into. She started on Jan 1, 2017 when United Health Care left the market. Medishare is not insurance but if there is still an IRS tax Medishare members don't have to pay it. Their plan looks better than most insurance plans and they use the Multiplan network and most doctors and hospitals accept and are signed with that network. Actually was about 1/2 the price of my wife's previous United plan.
Thats a pretty crazy "policy", it says that it is NOT health insurance but they will review medical records if needed and there is a NO smoking, NO alcohol and NO "relationship activities " outside of biblical guidelines allowed... oh, and you have to submit a medical examination before.... huh... :headscratch
My wife did not need a physical before enrolling. When it is this plan or going bare what are you going to do? And you are correct, they have very strict guidelines. It is a Christian based plan for sure. Better than nothing and if you can't meet the guidelines, well.... I am on Medicare so I don't have the same issues. It is a suggestion when nothing else is out there.

Mxrdad

Post by Mxrdad »

rotor wrote:
TreyHouston wrote:
My wife did not need a physical before enrolling. When it is this plan or going bare what are you going to do? And you are correct, they have very strict guidelines. It is a Christian based plan for sure. Better than nothing and if you can't meet the guidelines, well.... I am on Medicare so I don't have the same issues. It is a suggestion when nothing else is out there.
Nothing else is out there. Unfortunately.
Just some guy's opinion.

Captain Matt

Post by Captain Matt »

The Annoyed Man wrote:Either way, we still "get to have" Obamacare, I still don't have insurance because the gov't won't let me have a subsidy and they've priced insurance out of the reach of most people without the subsidy, I still have to pay a fine to the IRS, and all of that is now entirely the fault of the republicans. On 1/19/17, it was the democrats' fault. But since 1/20/19, the republicans have had a majority in both houses of Congress AND the presidency. Today the republicans get 100% of the blame. They could have fixed it. They did not.
I agree completely. Despite Trump's bluster to the contrary, HE now owns Obamacare. It's on him.
"hic sunt dracones"

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TreyHouston »

I understand, I just find it very interesting! Give me money, follow my strict guidelines, give me all your personal information (but i do not fall under any federal codes to follow (also on website)) and live a like that I believe is "healthy" (actually the word they used) or payment will be denied at any point. And no preexisting conditions are covered. Question, at retirement age, what issue could. Ot be argued as " preexisting "?

Is this what America is coming to?
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

rotor

Post by rotor »

Won't go anywhere (and the site froze my computer).

Return to “Off-Topic”