Granbury, TX

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 7

Granbury, TX

Post by bblhd672 »

The wife and I are going to wander toward Granbury tomorrow, take in the Revolver Brewing tour and see what else there is to see in the area.
Any suggestions?

Thanks!
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Granbury, TX

Post by Flightmare »

Try the Blood & Honey? :P Oh wait, that wasn't the suggestion you were asking for.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Topic author
bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Flightmare wrote:Try the Blood & Honey? :P Oh wait, that wasn't the suggestion you were asking for.
Oh, I will be trying that, and every other one I can get as part of our included tasting. My wife isn't a beer drinker, but has agreed to at least try after my many exhortations about how she shouldn't judge beer based upon the one Budweiser she tried many years ago.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

LucasMcCain

Post by LucasMcCain »

The old downtown has a lot of antique stores and a cool courthouse. I think they have some places to eat as well. If I remember correctly, one of the antique stores has a fair collection of old guns, swords, and knives for sale. I don't know enough about the prices for such things to comment on them. Fun to look at, though.
I prefer dangerous freedom to safety in chains.

Let's go Brandon.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Jusme »

LucasMcCain wrote:The old downtown has a lot of antique stores and a cool courthouse. I think they have some places to eat as well. If I remember correctly, one of the antique stores has a fair collection of old guns, swords, and knives for sale. I don't know enough about the prices for such things to comment on them. Fun to look at, though.

Babe's is a good place to eat. There are also several others Haufbrau is on 377. There is an ice cream shop, cafes, etc on the square.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Daddio-on-patio

Post by Daddio-on-patio »

I believe you will be going through Acton to get to the brewery. Stop at the cemetery and pay respect to Davy Crockett's family. Oh, and Jesse James is buried in the Granbury cemetery.
Ephesians 6:12 NKJV

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Daddio-on-patio wrote:I believe you will be going through Acton to get to the brewery. Stop at the cemetery and pay respect to Davy Crockett's family. Oh, and Jesse James is buried in the Granbury cemetery.

Isn't Billy The Kid and John Wilkes Booth buried there also? :biggrinjester:

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

Your wife might change her mind about beer after drinking Blood & Honey.
Charlie

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Jusme wrote:
Daddio-on-patio wrote:I believe you will be going through Acton to get to the brewery. Stop at the cemetery and pay respect to Davy Crockett's family. Oh, and Jesse James is buried in the Granbury cemetery.
No, but Lee Harvey Oswald and Jack the Ripper are. :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Also, I believe that Bond Arms is local to Granbury, and there used to be an antique store right on the square that was also an FFL and had a whole bunch of Bond Arms derringers for sale in the store. I seem to remember the owner claiming that he was their biggest stocking dealer, or something like that.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Jusme wrote:
No, but Lee Harvey Oswald and Jack the Ripper are. :mrgreen:
Rumor has it the grassy knoll gunman is also there.

Topic author
bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:Also, I believe that Bond Arms is local to Granbury, and there used to be an antique store right on the square that was also an FFL and had a whole bunch of Bond Arms derringers for sale in the store. I seem to remember the owner claiming that he was their biggest stocking dealer, or something like that.
I do see that Bond Arms is in Granbury. I'm sure we'll be visiting every antique store that appears in our path.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

bblhd672 wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:Also, I believe that Bond Arms is local to Granbury, and there used to be an antique store right on the square that was also an FFL and had a whole bunch of Bond Arms derringers for sale in the store. I seem to remember the owner claiming that he was their biggest stocking dealer, or something like that.
I do see that Bond Arms is in Granbury. I'm sure we'll be visiting every antique store that appears in our path.
You will be there a while. Ask me how I know. :mrgreen:

Topic author
bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Jusme wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:
I know, but that's okay. I indulge her antique shops, she indulges my firearm shops.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

bblhd672 wrote:
Jusme wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:
I know, but that's okay. I indulge her antique shops, she indulges my firearm shops.

Life has to have balance. Plus a brewery tour, gives her a little extra leeway. :mrgreen:
Have fun, I always enjoy Granbury. If I somehow win the lottery, it will be where I retire.

Return to “Off-Topic”