Password Manager

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Password Manager

Post by SQLGeek »

I use LastPass and am quite happy. It integrates with both Windows and OSX through a Chrome add-in and an app on my iPhone. I have it setup to require two factor authentication (which I highly recommend for any service that offers it).

Best of all, it's free.
Psalm 91:2

boomstick
Posts in topic: 1

Post by boomstick »

Keepass 2!
SSGT, USAF Security Police (1975-1981)
NORAD Cheyenne Mountain, Osan AB Korea, Ellsworth AFB S.D.
TX CHL/LTC Instructor (2011-2017)
NRA Pistol Instructor (2015-2017)

nonleg
Posts in topic: 2

Post by nonleg »

G26ster wrote: So I closed my browser (Firefox)
That's a browser configuration issue (or another plugin like NoScript, etc.), not LastPass itself. Firefox in particular seems fond of blocking page elements, plugins, seemingly randomly. While I appreciate the security aspect of updates to Firefox occurring in the background, and having the browser shut down, reopen, and automatically restore your tabs (ie, you won't know it happened if you weren't sitting at your desk), it can be frustrating. Firefox has the same behavior on every Java app I'm forced to use (for expenses at work, etc.) every so often.

Lastpass itself has never exhibited the behavior you describe across at least five physical machines and years of FF updates.
Let's not overthink this. Whatever it is.

Return to “Off-Topic”