Your gun is gonna just GO OFF!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Your gun is gonna just GO OFF!

Post by cmgee67 »

RossA wrote:Whenever I hear someone talking about a gun "going off", I ask them if they have ever seen a car start itself.
Remote start!

LucasMcCain
Posts in topic: 1

Post by LucasMcCain »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:I should get off the computer now before it spontaneously explodes.
A friend of mine actually had her computer nearly burn her house down about a month ago. It was running upstairs and she went downstairs for 10 minutes and started smelling smoke. Went upstairs to find flames coming out of the back of her computer. She emptied a fire extinguisher at it, and it flared right back up. She had to get the fire department to put it out. Not too much fire damage, but lots of smoke damage. My guess is the power supply caught fire. Dust build up and an aging power supply can easily start a fire.

I've personally had two computers die suddenly with a puff of smoke from the power supply (no fires, thankfully), but I have never had any of my guns just go off by themselves.
I prefer dangerous freedom to safety in chains.

Let's go Brandon.

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Liberty wrote:I think that the Eddy Eagle program sorta implies this to very young children. People get it in their heads that if they don't know what they are doing that they shouldn't be touching these things. There's a lot of people playing with these things getting themselves and other people hurt. The people who believe they will go off by themselves aren't the ones blowing holes in their heads demonstrating a manual safety.

People that don't own firearms know what they know only through Hollywood and the MSM.
I am familiar with the Eddie Eagle program and must disagree. The EE program teaches children not to handle guns without supervision and if there is a gun laying around for them to leave it alone and tell an adult. It has never, never ever said or implied that a firearm could go off by itself.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Jusme »

bblhd672 wrote:Before I left the house this morning I gathered all my guns together and had a discussion. They assured me that their design will only cause a bullet to leave the barrel if the trigger is pulled. None of them have had any modifications done to the factory trigger mechanism.

All of my gun's already know better. Before I bring them home, I let them know that if they do just "go off" they will immediately be sold to the security detail of Hillary, Rachel Madcow, or Chunky Shumer.

:mrgreen:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Is Rachel really female?

Or a tranny?

Honestly, I look at him/her (not often) and immediately think: GUY!

And is "Chunky" really male?

I look at him and think: Aunt Tilly or some such with the half glasses halfway down the proboscis whenever he poses in front of a camera...and his very effeminate manor...

Dreamer42

Post by Dreamer42 »

The very reason I detest law makers who think that LTC holders can be trusted at 200,000 various places, but the moment when that LTC holder steps foot into a profession sport venue they will, somehow, go Postal and start shooting up the place. Look, either we can be trusted, or we can't . I resent so many of our laws that have double standards.

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

In a sense, I can see that in a typical single action semi-auto pistol with a round in the chamber, there are springs and such that are compressed and waiting for opportunity to let go and strike the primer (except for double action types). However, there has been lots and lots of testing and experience (and design) that says that doesn't happen even when they are dropped. Just about every story I have heard involves someone messing with the trigger.

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

Well... we shouldn't be ridiculing those people, even though it makes us feel good to do so. There are many people whose knowledge of gun mechanisms is simply zero. They may be anti-gun or they may not.

Anti-gun factions such as MDA do take advantage of this naivete, telling people that it doesn't matter if a concealed carrier is licensed, vetted, trained, etc.; his concealed gun could still "go off" and kill some innocent bystander.
-Ruark

GhostTX

Post by GhostTX »

twomillenium wrote:
Liberty wrote:I think that the Eddy Eagle program sorta implies this to very young children. People get it in their heads that if they don't know what they are doing that they shouldn't be touching these things. There's a lot of people playing with these things getting themselves and other people hurt. The people who believe they will go off by themselves aren't the ones blowing holes in their heads demonstrating a manual safety.

People that don't own firearms know what they know only through Hollywood and the MSM.
I am familiar with the Eddie Eagle program and must disagree. The EE program teaches children not to handle guns without supervision and if there is a gun laying around for them to leave it alone and tell an adult. It has never, never ever said or implied that a firearm could go off by itself.
Agree. EE just says "don't touch" to infer they're dangerous. It doesn't need to explain WHY to kids, but just to keep their hands off them. Ideally, the parents should give the detailed information.
XD40 Service in Supertuck
"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 4

Post by cmgee67 »

Abraham wrote:Is Rachel really female?

Or a tranny?

Honestly, I look at him/her (not often) and immediately think: GUY!

And is "Chunky" really male?

I look at him and think: Aunt Tilly or some such with the half glasses halfway down the proboscis whenever he poses in front of a camera...and his very effeminate manor...

So is that like the man or woman who i once saw wearing women's underwear mowing his lawn? Or am I makin a judge mental assumption? He could have identified as a she and I'd be wrong??? I'm so confused and so was he/she

Mxrdad

Post by Mxrdad »

Jusme and Abraham....... :smilelol5: :smilelol5: :smilelol5: :smilelol5: :smilelol5:
Just some guy's opinion.

CrimsonSoul

Post by CrimsonSoul »

My wife outted me to a very anti friend of hers a month or so ago. We were dropping her kid off, went inside and talked my wife asked how she felt about guns, etc and she replied how she didn't like them and evil, etc, etc. Then my wife says that I carry all the time. Long story short "she doesn't allow guns in her house" so now I don't ever have to go over there again. With that being said, I feel like it's a win for me because she's weird (in my opinion).
Approved 07/17/09
In hand 07/17/09

dhoobler

Post by dhoobler »

Whenever someone tells me that guns are evil, I ask them "Why do we allow police officers to carry evil things?".
Revolver - An elegant weapon... for a more civilized age.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Life Member

ssnstump

Post by ssnstump »

Reading this thread ... several replies almost caused me to "go off" and spew coffee all over my computer.
That may have then caused a fire in the file masher....OH NO!
Thanks for the heads up.
US Navy Submarine Service 1976-1982

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 2

Post by crazy2medic »

CrimsonSoul wrote:My wife outted me to a very anti friend of hers a month or so ago. We were dropping her kid off, went inside and talked my wife asked how she felt about guns, etc and she replied how she didn't like them and evil, etc, etc. Then my wife says that I carry all the time. Long story short "she doesn't allow guns in her house" so now I don't ever have to go over there again. With that being said, I feel like it's a win for me because she's weird (in my opinion).
She is what me and my circle of friends calls a LOON!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Return to “Off-Topic”