NRA Disinvites US Concealed Carry Association

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Abraham
Posts in topic: 1

Re: NRA Disinvites US Concealed Carry Association

Post by Abraham »

Is this outfit, USCCA, the same that publishes the magazine?

If so, I dropped my subscription after the 1st year I subscribed.

Why?

They were continually trying to sell me this or that and frankly, the magazine was completely repetitive and boring.
Last edited by Abraham on Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sport Coach

Post by Sport Coach »

The NRA is constantly trying to separate me from my money but they very well serve my 2A rights wants and needs. Without them we would all have our guns registered/confiscated by now. USCCA years ago put me off with a "your family will die if you don't listen to us" message of sorts and there are a ton of other people, businesses and organizations for proper firearm tactics and training. My take on this statement is the NRA likes to do things their way and simply don't agree with USCCA methods which may or may not be a business decision.
“Hope is an expensive commodity. It makes better sense to be prepared.” - Thucydides

mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mojo84 »

This may have something to do with it. https://www.nracarryguard.com
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 4

Post by bblhd672 »

https://www.ammoland.com/2017/04/anothe ... z4fG7xBT8q

Another NRA Carry Guard Competitor Dropped as Annual Meeting Exhibitor
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

rob777

Post by rob777 »

mojo84 wrote:This may have something to do with it. https://www.nracarryguard.com
:iagree: I thought the same thing when I saw the cover of the May American Rifleman
"Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked.”

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

If that's the reason then frankly I don't blame NRA. It is a business after all, and it makes no sense to allow your competitors to use your venue to promote their business.

I'm sure that behind closed doors, everything is good. Business aside, all are on the same side when it comes to protecting the 2A.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

rob777 wrote:
mojo84 wrote:This may have something to do with it. https://www.nracarryguard.com
:iagree: I thought the same thing when I saw the cover of the May American Rifleman
Just got mine, and figured it out ... :iagree:

ETA: honestly, I'll probably switch to this from my current service...
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 4

Post by bblhd672 »

parabelum wrote:If that's the reason then frankly I don't blame NRA. It is a business after all, and it makes no sense to allow your competitors to use your venue to promote their business.

I'm sure that behind closed doors, everything is good. Business aside, all are on the same side when it comes to protecting the 2A.
I think every exhibitor has been placed on notice that should the NRA make a product or call one an endorsed product anyone else making the same product will not be allowed to participate in NRA show.

NRA definitely sending message that their show is no longer "big tent" where all firearms related products are welcome.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

bblhd672 wrote:https://www.ammoland.com/2017/04/anothe ... z4fG7xBT8q

I do know why SCD isn't attending, and the Ammoland article could not be more inaccurate. This is what happens when someone speaks based upon a hunch or no information at all. No, I'm not at liberty to discuss it.

Chas.

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

parabelum wrote:If that's the reason then frankly I don't blame NRA. It is a business after all, and it makes no sense to allow your competitors to use your venue to promote their business.

If the NRA is just a business, then I was under a misunderstanding about what I was a member of.

I hope there is more to this.

ELB

Post by ELB »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:

I do know why SCD isn't attending, and the Ammoland article could not be more inaccurate. This is what happens when someone speaks based upon a hunch or no information at all. No, I'm not at liberty to discuss it.

Chas.
So NRA could short circuit the misinfo by stating what the problem is.
USAF 1982-2005

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

ELB wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.
So NRA could short circuit the misinfo by stating what the problem is.
Our annual convention is ongoing and everyone is in Atlanta. We have back-to-back meetings, committee meetings and events to attend leading up to the official opening on Friday. Then we have the same things going until our Board meeting on Monday. We don't have time to play social media games. Plus, we don't respond to every false statement made about the NRA on the Internet, whether it comes from the Bloomberg crowd, or allegedly pro-gun persons/groups each with their own agenda.

Chas.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

Two competitors to their new program have been dropped from the event. That's not false. "Optics" (and I hate that word in this use) are what they are, the airline industry has learned that hard the last month. The NRA should face it and answer to them, or deal with the fact that they look like they don't want competition at their event.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

steveincowtown
Banned

Post by steveincowtown »

The importance of social media interaction these days is paramount to the success of any company, the NRA included. If they aren't having a two way conversation with people on Facebook, Twitter, etc....they should be.

I fear, and have feared for a long time that the NRA will lose the power they once had if the fail to interact with a millennials in a meaningful way. I would venture to guess the average age of NRA members is going up each year as the old supporters die off and they fail to lock in today's youth.

If you want to see some expert level social media interaction, follows "Wendy's" on twitter. They social media game is strong.
The Time is Now...
NRA Lifetime Member

Return to “Off-Topic”