Earth Day Demonstrations?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Earth Day Demonstrations?

Post by twomillenium »

krieghoff wrote:
twomillenium wrote:I always make special arrangements to celebrate Earth Day. I started and let 3 vehicles run for 7 consecutive hours also replaced my led lighting with regular bulbs (yes I still have some) all lights in house will be turned on for 24 hours except for bedroom lights when sleeping. I also test my generators on this day with an eight hour run. I used to vent Freon but it got too pricey. (gotta draw the line some where) Finished this delightful celebration by smoking meat in a wood burning smoker which was preheated for five hours.
Happy Earth Day :anamatedbanana :clapping: :cheers2: :lol:: :biggrinjester:
Did you dump all your old used motor oil, diesel fuel and lawn mower gas into the creek?? :shock: :biggrinjester: If not, you still have time!! :shock: :shock: :shock: Just kidding of course.
Nah, I leave the creek stuff up to the EPA, they are the absolute best at it.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

JakeTheSnake
Posts in topic: 1

Post by JakeTheSnake »

Now this is a protest I can support!
IMG_0369.JPG

threoh8

Post by threoh8 »

Here's how I observed Earth Day 2017: Sitting somewhere between Fort Stockton and Sanderson, watching assorted birds, snakes, and other wildlife go by. Think Mustangs, Stingrays, Hellcats, Vipers, Firebirds ...

At the Big Bend Open Road Race
The sooner I get behind, the more time I have to catch up.

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

My Earth Day demonstration consisted of sending over 300 rounds of 9mm back to the earth during a day of training at KR Training.
http://krtraining.com/
http://krtraining.com/KRTraining/Classe ... oltwo.html
http://krtraining.com/KRTraining/Classe ... kills.html
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

KLB

Post by KLB »

dale blanker wrote:Really? Why would he have any interest making any particular point about climate change?
Because he's a human being. He has a political point of view, and it colors the positions he takes. That may not be different from the rest of us, but it's a reason to be skeptical of most things.

As for the silliness about science not being a liberal conspiracy, I don't know anyone who thinks it is. But scientists are fallible humans, and they sometimes push their political predilections by claiming the predilections are science based. My problem is not with science (which is just a process, after all). It's with people using the mantle of science to obscure political agendas.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

twomillenium wrote:I always make special arrangements to celebrate Earth Day. I started and let 3 vehicles run for 7 consecutive hours also replaced my led lighting with regular bulbs (yes I still have some) all lights in house will be turned on for 24 hours except for bedroom lights when sleeping. I also test my generators on this day with an eight hour run. I used to vent Freon but it got too pricey. (gotta draw the line some where) Finished this delightful celebration by smoking meat in a wood burning smoker which was preheated for five hours.
Happy Earth Day :anamatedbanana :clapping: :cheers2: :lol:: :biggrinjester:
Thank You!!!!!!

Personally, I would prefer it to be a bit warmer. The winters down in Houston lately have been downright chilly. That's why I left Seattle 9 years ago. I always encourage everyone to do everything they can to help increase global warming.

GeekwithaGun

Post by GeekwithaGun »

threoh8 wrote:Here's how I observed Earth Day 2017: Sitting somewhere between Fort Stockton and Sanderson, watching assorted birds, snakes, and other wildlife go by. Think Mustangs, Stingrays, Hellcats, Vipers, Firebirds ...

At the Big Bend Open Road Race
:thumbs2:
This is my cup-o-tea as well. I ran the BBORR in 2012, was thinking about doing it again this year, but other priorities. Maybe SSCC (Silver State Classic Challenge - Nevada) in September
NRA Life Member

dhoobler
Posts in topic: 6

Post by dhoobler »

Former Obama Official: Bureaucrats Manipulate Climate Stats To Influence Policy

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/24/forme ... z4fCH1Ltix
Revolver - An elegant weapon... for a more civilized age.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Life Member

Captain Matt

Post by Captain Matt »

I carried a FDE pistol.
"hic sunt dracones"

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Captain Matt wrote:I carried a FDE pistol.
Tru dat! S&W M&P MOD 2.0 9mm 5 inch FDE. ;-)
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

If you have a flat dark earth pistol on Earth Day, does that mean that Christopher Columbus/earth-is-round is fake news?
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Man from Nantucket
Banned

Post by Man from Nantucket »

JustSomeOldGuy wrote:If you have a flat dark earth pistol on Earth Day, does that mean that Christopher Columbus/earth-is-round is fake news?
Christopher Columbus was white and oppressed the native population so you may be on to something.

dhoobler

Post by dhoobler »

dale blanker wrote:Here's a scene from Tyson's Cosmos series: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VUPIX7yEOM...worth a look.

He may be wrong but what a guy!
Here is a discussion with Dr. S. Fred Singer, the first director of the U. S. weather satellite program. He knows of what he is speaking.

The interesting thing about his comments is that he does not contradict Tyson's claim that CO2 is increasing from man made sources, in fact, he concurs. He goes on to say that there is no data to support the claim that the increasing CO2 concentration in the atmosphere is causing temperatures to increase.

A person capable of reason would hear both of these men and recognize that conclusions drawn by Tyson are subject to debate.
TSRA Life Member

dhoobler

Post by dhoobler »

Sorry, I forgot the link to the discussion with Dr. Singer.
TSRA Life Member

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Return to “Off-Topic”