Wacky Liberal Sayings

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

LabRat
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Wacky Liberal Sayings

Post by LabRat »

Pawpaw wrote:
Captain Matt wrote:" a lot of people say there’s too much freedom. When personal freedom’s being abused, you have to move to limit it.” – Bill Clinton
Oldgringo wrote:All of those who were quoted above were elected by a majority of non-thinking idiots more stupid than the quotees. TERM LIMITS! :totap:
Politicians should serve two terms. One in office and one in prison.
“Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason.” ― Mark Twain
Three groups spend other people's money: children, thieves, politicians. All three need supervision." - Dick Armey
This is not legal advice.
People should be able to perform many functions; for others and for themselves. Specialization is for insects. — Robert Heinlein (Severe paraphrase)

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Flightmare »

LabRat wrote:Three groups spend other people's money: children, thieves, politicians. All three need supervision." - Dick Armey
That's not wacky, that's the TRUTH!
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Vol Texan »

Reporter: I read the legislation that said that it would regulate barrel shrouds. What's a barrel shroud and why should we regulate that?

Carolyn McCarthy (D - NY): I actually don't know what a barrel shroud is. I think it's the shoulder thing that goes up.

Diana DeGette (D-CO): What’s the efficacy of banning these magazine clips? I will tell you these are ammunition, they’re bullets, so the people who have those know they’re going to shoot them, so if you ban them in the future, the number of these ‘high capacity’ magazines is going to decrease dramatically over time because the bullets will have been shot and there won’t be any more available.

Patricia Eddington (D-District 3, NYC) Some of these bullets have an incendiary device on the end of it - which is a heat-seeking device.

Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

dhoobler
Posts in topic: 2

Post by dhoobler »

Sheila Jackson Lee Thinks the Constitution is 400 Years Old
Revolver - An elegant weapon... for a more civilized age.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Life Member

dhoobler

Post by dhoobler »

Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee on North and South Vietnam
Revolver - An elegant weapon... for a more civilized age.
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Life Member

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

SJL is the Rodney Dangerfield of politicians - She don't get no respect. (and doesn't deserve any...)

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Now dhoobler...

This is supposed to be a game of touch football. And here you go: breaking out some SheJack quotes? That's playing downright dirty. Nobody can top that! :tiphat:
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Vol Texan wrote:Now dhoobler...

This is supposed to be a game of touch football. And here you go: breaking out some SheJack quotes? That's playing downright dirty. Nobody can top that! :tiphat:
"SheJack"! "rlol" :smilelol5:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
Jusme
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Jusme »

Vol Texan wrote:Now dhoobler...

Yeah, he should have started out with some lower level folks, He went straight to a Hall of Famer!! :mrgreen:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

While I recognize that MAD is a no-win situation, I do also know that nukes must be responded with nukes. So here goes a barrage of SJL quotes (much of which comes from here):
  • How many more diseases will Republicans invent to kill black people?
  • Homicide is the leading cause of murders in America!
  • I am not a racist, but I only support Barack Obama because he is black, like me. I will support him no matter what he does to America.
  • I stand here as a freed slave because this Congress came together!
  • You know that I'm going to, first of all, denounce the utilization of this intrusion of Wikipedia, through the Russian intrusion. That's what this is about. (Of course, she meant WikiLeaks)
  • I believe this caucus will put us on the right path and we’ll give President Obama a number of executive orders that he can sign with pride and strength.
  • Maybe the word welfare should be changed to something of, 'a transitional living fund.' For that is what it is -- for people to be able to live.
  • Let us vote to provide for unemployment insurance for working men and women so that faces across America will not have the tear of desperation on their faces.
  • We have martial law. What that means – and my colleagues know what it means – is that you can put a bill on in just minutes
  • Don’t condemn the gangbangers, they’ve got guns that are trafficked, that are not enforced, that are straw purchased and they come into places even that have strong gun laws. Why? Because we don’t have sensible gun legislation.
  • I’m Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee! Who do you think you are?
  • Don't you know who I am? I'm Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee. Where is my seafood meal? I know it was ordered.
  • What? What did you say to me? Who are you, the Congresswoman? You haven’t been elected. You don’t set up meetings with me! I tell you! You know what? You are the most unprofessional person I have ever met in my life

RSX11

Post by RSX11 »

This all reminds me of how glad I was when I moved out of SheJack's gerrymandered district, a few years back. But then, when the next election came, I was sad, because I realized I wouldn't have the satisfaction of voting against her anymore.

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

"Get your laws off my body!" - Liberal bumper sticker

tbrown

Post by tbrown »

sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Reps. Donna Edwards, D-Md., and Eddie Bernice Johnson, D-Texas, propose in the “Apollo Lunar Landing Legacy Act” that a national historical park on the moon be created to ensure the American landing sites are preserved for future generations.

The lawmakers say the legislation is necessary to protect the Apollo landing sites for “posterity,” as commercial space exploration increases and more foreign nations head to space.

The Hill reports the bill would allow the federal government to accept donations to help preserve the landing sites and would create visitor services and administrative offices “within reasonable proximity to the Historical Park.”

Lunacy at it's finest!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Flightmare »

crazy2medic wrote:Lunacy at it's finest!
I see what you did there! :biggrinjester:
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Return to “Off-Topic”