NRA Carry Guard

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
parabelum
Posts in topic: 1

NRA Carry Guard

Post by parabelum »

Would you recommend the NRA Carry Guard and if so, what level (bronze, silver or gold)?

Looking for constructive input only, preferably from those who are Carry Guard members.

Thanks.
:tiphat:

Mike S
Posts in topic: 1

Re: NRA Carry Guard

Post by Mike S »

Based on the descriptions on the website, it appears the only difference is in the dollar amount of coverage.

Since the likelihood of any of us ever needing to use it is slim (as law abiding citizens who use our frontal lobes & don't go looking for trouble), I'd lean towards the Bronze.

I would caveat this with two things:

1. Here in Texas we are immune from civil liability if our use of force/deadly force is justified under Chapter 9 of the Penal Code, so I'm not much enthralled by the civil coverage amounts. However, since I frequently travel out of state it's still a relevant coverage (provided the coverage is nationwide, & not limited to state of residence. I haven't seen the fine print...).

2. Criminal defense can be expensive, so I'm not sure how long $50k would last if you ever did need it. Also, since I haven't seen the fine print yet, I'm unsure if the extras (like the clean up costs, etc, are included in the total coverage). This might push me towards the Silver coverage.

Return to “Off-Topic”